For F$&#$ sakes

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Hopefully they make it right. It would be terrible if you delayed taking delivery and they sold it as an abandoned order and you would then lose any price protection on your replacement (2023).
Sponsored

OP
OP

LeadFoot-Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Hopefully they make it right. It would be terrible if you delayed taking delivery and they sold it as an abandoned order and you would then lose any price protection on your replacement (2023).
Personally I don’t care anymore,spoke to customer service and still shocked as to why ford has that department,my dealer is great they will make it right but not sure I’m gonna take the truck yet,I have not even driven it or looked it over,I saw the hood I walked away..once they fix it then I’ll look more into it

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Once you inspect it closer, hopefully you don't find any other items were missed.

Boss1309

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Boss 302 Mustang,2010 Taurus, 2022 F150 Plati
That sucks How can the dealer make that right, order a hood and have their body shop paint it, never be the same as factory paint I hate to say it but pass it up and reorder.

I just picked up my Platinum last week and yesterday I noticed a small ding on the top of passenger fender looked in pictures at dealer an it was there just never noticed. May have happened in transit who knows
Now I cant walk by it without looking at it

What happened to end of line quality control
Defiantly makes you wonder.

Reactions: 780

Sponsored

OP
OP

LeadFoot-Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
What boggles my mind is,they have many inspection stations through out the whole plant,paint and body,trim and chassis plus a whole department for electrical and exterior inspection,how anything gets through I’ll never know…your so right about a ding once you see it your eyes always focus on it….

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
What boggles my mind is,they have many inspection stations through out the whole plant,paint and body,trim and chassis plus a whole department for electrical and exterior inspection,how anything gets through I’ll never know…your so right about a ding once you see it your eyes always focus on it….
Don't rule out that it wasn't a manufacturing fault with the wrong hood. It could have been sent to a repair area for a hood and that was where it might have gotten a wrong one.

I worked 27 years in a car plant, some on the shipping line and every now and then you'd get some really strange variations. A lot of them were because of repairs that would be done after the assembly process and then the repairman would just send it to the ship line.

Or it could have been built that way. I'll bet ford won't spend any time investigating and they won't tell you exactly what happened even if they knew.

On another note, this was a Mitsubishi plant I worked in which is now the Rivian plant. Towards the end before it was shut down they brought a Ford guy out of retirement to run the place. One of the first things he did was shut down the road test quality control and inspection.

His reasoning was to let the dealerships fix the defects if the customer noticed them. Everything went downhill from there.

OP
OP

LeadFoot-Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
I agree,that’s the first thing I thought of…it’s ironic how they implement all these quality points,inspection areas and at the end of the day ship it…

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Our boss used to live by the mantra "The ship line is the only line that makes money here.... Out the door!"

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
That sucks How can the dealer make that right, order a hood and have their body shop paint it, never be the same as factory paint I hate to say it but pass it up and reorder.

I just picked up my Platinum last week and yesterday I noticed a small ding on the top of passenger fender looked in pictures at dealer an it was there just never noticed. May have happened in transit who knows
Now I cant walk by it without looking at it

What happened to end of line quality control
Defiantly makes you wonder.
It really sucks this happened and without seeing a picture it's hard to know of Paintless dent removal would work. Hopefully your dealer will take care of it free of charge if you clearly have pictures of it before you purchased. I would give PDR a try it's really amazing what those guys are able to do with dents and dings.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
On another note, this was a Mitsubishi plant I worked in which is now the Rivian plant. Towards the end before it was shut down they brought a Ford guy out of retirement to run the place. One of the first things he did was shut down the road test quality control and inspection.

His reasoning was to let the dealerships fix the defects if the customer noticed them. Everything went downhill from there.
I've never claimed Ford was highly ranked as an example of Quality Control. And I've been driving their products for better than 1/2 century. (yea, I'm old)

But forgive me if I blush a bit when I hear Mitsubishi WAS a good example of quality control. Ever. They have quite the opposite reputation reaching back many decades.

Which admittedly was always baffling since they should have been included in the Toyota/Honda/Nissan juggernaut at some point.

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I've never claimed Ford was highly ranked as an example of Quality Control. And I've been driving their products for better than 1/2 century. (yea, I'm old)

But forgive me if I blush a bit when I hear Mitsubishi WAS a good example of quality control. Ever. They have quite the opposite reputation reaching back many decades.

Which admittedly was always baffling since they should have been included in the Toyota/Honda/Nissan juggernaut at some point.
Never said it was good. But from 89' to around 94' it was better at the Normal IL plant. People were actually proud to work there then, morale was good. People were wanting the DSM (diamond star motors) cars then.

Boss1309

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You know, I been thinking about your hood situation I think its also possible someone wanted a Tremor style hood and pulled a switch with your hood.
3 months in transit gives a lot of opportunity to do so.

Next time you see the truck open the hood and see if any of the bolts have indications of being removed.

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Would they have bothered to put a replacement back on after stealing one?

Boss1309

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I guess your correct perhaps hoping it would go unnoticed for a while.

i would still check
Sponsored