For F$&#$ sakes

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
This is non-related to the OP, but this picture is what I have been waiting to see since I was thinking about swapping my Lariat grille for a BAP grille. I assumed everything would line up but didn't know about the hood latch opening so thanks for clarifying that.
Ditto. Looks...underwhelming.
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Pretty sure that you aren't getting a hood painted from the factory or Ford's parts warehouse. It's going to come in unpainted and a local shop is going to paint it and then blend it in to the rest of the truck panels.

Xchevyguy

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150
My experience with the other guys, is that a replacement hood will come bare from the stamping plant, not the assembly plant. No prime, no nothing. Paint will be up to your dealer's body shop. Will not be a factory paint job.

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
My experience with the other guys, is that a replacement hood will come bare from the stamping plant, not the assembly plant. No prime, no nothing. Paint will be up to your dealer's body shop. Will not be a factory paint job.
Well it would suck to have a non-factory paint job on one part. Though I would press and not consider taking delivery until after I saw it. Maybe you can get the dealer to throw in some aftermarket accessories for the hassle? After waiting so long, I can't imagine cost and availability to be any better if you decided to move to a different manufacturer or dealer.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
It's really still not clear what you got vs what you should have. The standard hood has a completely different cutline to the grille. Did you get the right hood and they just forgot the stick on "vents"?

Sponsored

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
It's really still not clear what you got vs what you should have. The standard hood has a completely different cutline to the grille. Did you get the right hood and they just forgot the stick on "vents"?
He mentioned specifically that it doesn’t blend correctly with the grille. That would mean the wrong hood completely.

OP
OP

LeadFoot-Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
The hood currently on the truck is the same hood that’s on my 21…it requires the tremor style hood…the replacement hood will be coming from the factory painted…

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
The hood currently on the truck is the same hood that’s on my 21…it requires the tremor style hood…the replacement hood will be coming from the factory painted…
What color is your 22 BAP?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Since the hood is horizontal and independent of the vertical surfaces that it borders, our eyes are far less sensitive to minor shade differences.
Very different than replacing a door or fender that buts up to an adjacent and parallel panel.

So at least paint matching shouldn't be a major concern. It's just an unfortunate and strangely rare circumstance.

Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
If they put a BAP hood on a non-BAP they would have at least caught it when they closed the hood at the end of the line and saw pieces of grille on the floor.

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
If they put a BAP hood on a non-BAP they would have at least caught it when they closed the hood at the end of the line and saw pieces of grille on the floor.
They fit fine. Common misconception.

The BAP/Tremor bullnose fits forward and overtop of the upper portion of the grille. A BAP/Tremor grille is the same as a regular grille other than the notch for the hood latch. So you would maybe have a hard time fitting your hand under the hood and over the top of the grille to each the latch and that’s about it.

See photo on previous page.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
They fit fine. Common misconception.

The BAP/Tremor bullnose fits forward and overtop of the upper portion of the grille. A BAP/Tremor grille is the same as a regular grille other than the notch for the hood latch. So you would maybe have a hard time fitting your hand under the hood and over the top of the grille to each the latch and that’s about it.

See photo on previous page.
OK, I didn't even know the BAP got you a different hood until about 3 hours ago so I probably should have looked more closely.
Sponsored