Sponsored

Folding rear headrests - gone??

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I'm about to order a used 2019/2020 set on eBay to attempt to swap this out. Yes the fabric will not match, but I will get a gray set.

On the flip side, I can just store them if I don't have any passengers in the back row.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
I'm about to order a used 2019/2020 set on eBay to attempt to swap this out. Yes the fabric will not match, but I will get a gray set.

On the flip side, I can just store them if I don't have any passengers in the back row.
Let us know how that works out. I tried raising/removing the outboard rear headrests on a 21, but they didn't budge (even when pressing the button where the post inserts).

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Let us know how that works out. I tried raising/removing the outboard rear headrests on a 21, but they didn't budge (even when pressing the button where the post inserts).
You have to push the button on both stems and pull up. It is rather awkward.

OP
OP
BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Ok, thanks. I figured I was doing something wrong!

spacewhite_3.5

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 3.5L EcoBoost 4X4Spoort XLT

Just wondering if you ever got around to test fitting the 2020 headrest for the back seat to see if they’ll work??

Sponsored

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
My '19 XLT had folding rear headrests. My '20 did not...but I do think someone had swapped them out before I bought it new. So when I sold my '19 I swapped the headrests out and kept the folding one for the '20. BUT....I just got a new Lariat a couple of weeks ago which has the tan leather...so there wasn't any use in keeping the folding headrests. I think it's just another cheap azz trick Ford has pulled to save a few cents per unit. And yes...I know a person can just remove them...but that's not the point. The point is that it was nice to have them folded down when no passengers were in the back seat.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I had a 2018 Titan and the right treat head rest blocked my vision of what is on my rear right so I removed it.

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
My '19 XLT had folding rear headrests. My '20 did not...but I do think someone had swapped them out before I bought it new. So when I sold my '19 I swapped the headrests out and kept the folding one for the '20. BUT....I just got a new Lariat a couple of weeks ago which has the tan leather...so there wasn't any use in keeping the folding headrests. I think it's just another cheap azz trick Ford has pulled to save a few cents per unit. And yes...I know a person can just remove them...but that's not the point. The point is that it was nice to have them folded down when no passengers were in the back seat.
I know I'm late to the thread, but to your point of a few cents per unit...how many of these things did FMC sell? that's a whole lot of few cents!

3fitty7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Tremor
If I'm payin' close to $70,000 for a truck and want to fold my head rests - I should be able to fold my head rests...

taperk600

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 X-cab 8ft 2wd work truck, 2019 F150 Platinum Screw 6.5ft 4x4
Did anyone ever actually try a previous Gen set of folding headrests in their new truck ??? One of the many "little" things that annoy me are gone in my 2022...........would definitely buy a set if they do fit........
Sponsored