First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat PB
Occupation
Retired
I've come to realize my factory LED fogs on my Lariat 501a are aimed like crap. They're pointed so low you cannot tell if they are even on from the cab at all without leaning all the forward. Anyone else's aimed like this? They're gonna have to come up a bit I have a feeling.
Sponsored

ColemanFord

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
Yes, I have the same thoughts with my Lariat. I didn’t know they were on at first. I’m hoping they can be adjusted up. Pretty useless right now.
When I get a chance, I’m going to take a look. My 2019 F-150 was easy to adjust.

ColemanFord

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
You can adjust the fog lights up or down. I raised the aim of mine up. I took the front tires off and then a couple front screws out of the felt wheel liner and gained access to the white adjustable screw. See picture of the screw adjuster. You need a 7mm socket to remove the black wheel well liner screws and then remove a black plastic screw holding the felt liner in. Pull the liner back a bit. Then use a 10mm socket and turn counter clockwise and the fog lights turn right up.
I had a piece of plywood about 75 inches away. The top of the fog beam was around 20” off the floor. I moved the top of the beam up to 24”
Test it tonight when it gets dark out.

Ford F-150 Fog lights aimed like crap D43BCA1D-0D8D-4B3E-8D9E-02E25C4D7099

ColemanFord

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
Update, I pointed them up a bit more than mentioned in other post. Wow! huge difference, much better. Even when you turn left or right the cornering fog light comes on and lights up better.
Ford is not setting them at all or setting them way too low.

Stagalv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Ship Agent
You have to take the front tires off to adjust the fog lights?
What about headlights, same area,?

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
It's possible that you can squeeze in there with a swivel socket and the steering wheel turned full lock. Same for swapping bulbs on the Halogen headlights. I think that the whole front end needs to come apart to swap out the headlight assembly, there's a few threads already on that.

Ford couldn't be bothered to adjust my doors correctly, I am not going to be shocked that they're not adjusting the fog lights.

JHW

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer
FYI- fog lights are called ”fog” lights because they are intentionally adjusted down to shine under and not be reflected by fog, snow, and rain when driving at night. If you adjust these lights up too far they are no longer fog lights and become driving lights that can cause excessive glare for oncoming traffic.

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Ford couldn't be bothered to adjust my doors correctly, I am not going to be shocked that they're not adjusting the fog lights.
Same.

Does anyone know if this adjustment (location, process, etc) also works for the LED fogs as well? Mine are also aimed amazingly low (they point well below the sight line of the hood, so much so that I can't even tell they are on from inside) and I don't want to tear everything off just to find out they can't be aimed. I guess I'm just lazy like that. ?

ColemanFord

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
You have to take the front tires off to adjust the fog lights?
What about headlights, same area,?
The first time I did, just to get a good look around.
You can just take out a 7mm screw or two on the felt wheel liner and pull it back a bit. That will get you enough room. I used a 1/4” ratchet with a short 2” extension and 10mm socket. It worked good. Aim them on a garage door or something and watch the alignment.

Jcartwr97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Technology Consulting
I thought I was going nuts. I tried driving down my private drive with just parking lights and fogs on tonight and the road has no light on it beyond about 3 feet in front of the truck. Going to have to tear into this one soon. I understand fogs are not driving lights but they are still supposed to lights up under the fog for some distance.

Sponsored

ColemanFord

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
FYI- fog lights are called ”fog” lights because they are intentionally adjusted down to shine under and not be reflected by fog, snow, and rain when driving at night. If you adjust these lights up too far they are no longer fog lights and become driving lights that can cause excessive glare for oncoming traffic.
I understand, but these are pointed so sharply down that it wouldn't even give you light to show the road lines, right in front of the hood, during foggy weather. The light stopped short of what the driver sees in front of the hood. When I aimed mine, I looked at the unlit area on the road behind the main low beam headlights that is dark. I now have mine filling in some of that area and they still angle down much sharper and at a shorter distance than the low beams do. I also tried to turn mine up as high as I could get them to go, just to see how far up they would aim. The adjustment screw unhooks and the fog stops going up before they shine past the low beams. Ford got that right, so people won't aim them up too high.

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
It's possible that you can squeeze in there with a swivel socket and the steering wheel turned full lock. Same for swapping bulbs on the Halogen headlights. I think that the whole front end needs to come apart to swap out the headlight assembly, there's a few threads already on that.

Wait, how do you adjust the doors? My passenger doors are WAY too far on...

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150

cdberkman

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A, Sport, Super Crew, 3.5L
You can adjust the fog lights up or down. I raised the aim of mine up. I took the front tires off and then a couple front screws out of the felt wheel liner and gained access to the white adjustable screw. See picture of the screw adjuster. You need a 7mm socket to remove the black wheel well liner screws and then remove a black plastic screw holding the felt liner in. Pull the liner back a bit. Then use a 10mm socket and turn counter clockwise and the fog lights turn right up.
I had a piece of plywood about 75 inches away. The top of the fog beam was around 20” off the floor. I moved the top of the beam up to 24”
Test it tonight when it gets dark out.

D43BCA1D-0D8D-4B3E-8D9E-02E25C4D7099.jpeg
I finally just adjusted mine. Thank you for that. LED Factory Fog Lights are now useful! Was able to just stick my hand behind the liner, with the wheels installed and straight using a long 10 mm socket with hand.

TXAGENT

First Name
Law
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 5.0 FX4 Screw
Occupation
Bullshit Detector
I thought I was going nuts. I tried driving down my private drive with just parking lights and fogs on tonight and the road has no light on it beyond about 3 feet in front of the truck. Going to have to tear into this one soon. I understand fogs are not driving lights but they are still supposed to lights up under the fog for some distance.
I finally just adjusted mine. Thank you for that. LED Factory Fog Lights are now useful! Was able to just stick my hand behind the liner, with the wheels installed and straight using a long 10 mm socket with hand.

Did the same thing, took off two screws. Here are pictures of my drivers side.

Ford F-150 Fog lights aimed like crap 95E6665A-12DA-4F35-885A-CC54563E948E

Ford F-150 Fog lights aimed like crap E344F900-5F32-4352-8150-19B0ECF70F9F

Ford F-150 Fog lights aimed like crap 320A7A2F-D02C-44BB-86AD-CE96AC3A0349
Sponsored