Sponsored

Fog lights aimed like crap

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
You have to push the fog button for them to be on. They'll also turn off if your high beams are on unless you enabled "Bambi Mode" with ForScan. I'm not sure if it's all models, but they can also turn on/off as cornering lights as well.
Tried that, didn't work. High's weren't on either, just the lows.
Sponsored

Antman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150
Occupation
Manager
Thank you so much for this thread!

What an improvement!
I didn't remove any fender liner screws, just needed a 10mm deepwell socket (deepwell gave me more grip) and turned it counterclockwise by hand.

World of difference. I also checked light output in front of the truck, and no way they go high enough to blind anyone.

Sweet

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I maxed out turns today. I had them turned on in the garage about 2 feet from the door. The lights went up 4 or 5 inches then would drop if i turned anymore. Hopefully it is high enough at night.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I got under my truck a few months ago and aimed up my fogs about as high as they would go. They actually throw light to the foreground in front of the truck and are now useful at night. Huge improvement over the factory settings, they were useless.
Who cares what they do at night? Ther are not driving lights.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I just saw this thread and headed out to adjust my fogs. I started on the driver's side and honestly thought you all were over complicating it because I could see the adjustment nut without removing anything. After taking a look at the pass side I realized that the flimsy little plastic bracket on the driver's side was pushed up, bent 90 degrees to be horizontal and trapped above the light housing. Must have happened when they loaded the bumper at the assembly plant. I was able to extract it and more or less straighten it and the shield back into shape and finish the job.

I've hand washed the truck a half dozen times and never noticed it was jammed up in there.

I did the LH first and ran out of travel trying to get the RH to the same height so when I went back to bring the LH down an inch or so I just snuck my hand up in there with a deep 10mm socket in my hand without taking anything off. It's easy once you know what you are feeling around for.

Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb

NH_Leadfoot

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
.GOV
I do a lot of driving at night so having useful lighting is a must. I am very familiar with the purpose of fog lights vs driving lights as well. These do a great job of foreground lighting the low beams don't catch, and the width of the pattern gives me great coverage to the sides of the road where animals are lurking.

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
When I'm driving out in rural America in the middle of the night, I turn them on because the auto headlight sensor is so sensitive, it switches to low beam when oncoming vehicles are still a half to three quarters mile out. I want to see any deer that might be coming up out of the ditches in that half to three quarter mile interval and the fog lights are very useful in that regard.

hussar1683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB (on order)
There’s a reason why they aim low. It’s probably the same reason why trucks come from the factory unleveled. They are meant to haul and tow which levels them in a way they supposed to be leveled

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
There’s a reason why they aim low. It’s probably the same reason why trucks come from the factory unleveled. They are meant to haul and tow which levels them in a way they supposed to be leveled
I've always read that the reason they come unleveled is for aerodynamics to enable them to obtain the best possible EPA number for a rolling box. That's why fuel mileage suffers when folks level their trucks. Why make the fog lights adjustable and then set them up at the very bottom of that adjustability? Are they thinking people are going to increase the rake and lift the rearend like a 60's street rod and may need to raise the fog lights then?

Sponsored

Conrad

First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Auto worker
Thanks for this thread. Used a 10mm deep socket and extension, easy to turn by hand this way. I didn't remove wheel well liner screws or turn the wheels to gain access, just look at the pictures posted here and you can see where to adjust. I'd recommend gloves / long sleeves as there's a few sharp screws and plastic corners that will grab ya, lol. Turned both sides all the way up (counter clockwise)and then backed them off a full turn to maintain contact of the adjustment screw. My led fog lights are now functional instead of just looking cool.
Cheers.
Ford F-150 Fog lights aimed like crap 20221109_031933

Davidwnuc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order ‘22 RCSB.
2022 xl halogen fog lights
i must have different fog lights…i used a screwdriver from directly under that black bolt and adjusted mine in 30 seconds.
iphone pic won’t load but if i lay under the bumper and look up behind the fogs, i can see the previously pictured black bolt people are putting a socket on. under it is an adjustment screw like on the head lights. turn it. done

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
0E0FC6A5-4EAE-4C89-AED6-FA432C7E6802.jpeg

circled is where you need to insert the screwdriver from underneath. that will turn bolt also.
Right. But then I wouldn't get to use all of my other tools to unnecessarily remove all kinds of stuff to "access" the adjustment bolt.

🤣Thanks for the better way!!!!

Davidwnuc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order ‘22 RCSB.
Vin - very true. lol

I also noticed that Hotrodmex posted the same thing on a different thread a few weeks ago. sounds like the word is getting out at least for the halogen guys. no idea about those fancy led things. haha
Sponsored