Sponsored

Fog lights aimed like crap

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
0E0FC6A5-4EAE-4C89-AED6-FA432C7E6802.jpeg

circled is where you need to insert the screwdriver from underneath. that will turn bolt also.
So with the screwdriver method are you still turning counter clockwise to raise the fog light projection?
Sponsored

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Using the info on this post, I raised my fog light aim to the top then backed them down a turn or so. I really like the fact that they now light up the ground out to about a car length in front of the truck, before I could barely see that they were even on.

One thing I noticed is the lighted turn function is now different. The fog light on the side you are turning toward comes on at low speeds (if you don't already have the fog lights on using the switch). It was a little distracting to see a light come on (I never noticed it before when they were aimed so low) but I think I'll get used to it and it now does a much better job lighting the turn.

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
You can adjust the fog lights up or down. I raised the aim of mine up. I took the front tires off and then a couple front screws out of the felt wheel liner and gained access to the white adjustable screw. See picture of the screw adjuster. You need a 7mm socket to remove the black wheel well liner screws and then remove a black plastic screw holding the felt liner in. Pull the liner back a bit. Then use a 10mm socket and turn counter clockwise and the fog lights turn right up.
I had a piece of plywood about 75 inches away. The top of the fog beam was around 20” off the floor. I moved the top of the beam up to 24”
Test it tonight when it gets dark out.

D43BCA1D-0D8D-4B3E-8D9E-02E25C4D7099.jpeg
I had this white screw type of adjustment for LED fog lights. I used a 10mm deep well socket with a 6” extension. If you put the tires at full lock it’s easy to get to without taking the wheel liner or tire off. I also put a small strip of blue tape on the extension shaft so I can make sure each side was adjusted the same amount. I did 10 counter clockwise turns. I have a 6” lift and will let you know how they are when it gets dark.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
Wow I literally just saw this, I have halogen fogs and will try it tonight

Sponsored

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
Okay so update this made a HUGE difference, I turned the screw with a 14mm socket (by hand no wrench) exactly 5 times counter clockwise and attached is the result

Ford F-150 Fog lights aimed like crap A0CE2B4A-7A13-4F51-B1F6-42DEF0156FD6

Turning the passenger side 5x did the same result, 5.5 turns started to make it slip off the thread

Ford F-150 Fog lights aimed like crap 8FAFA785-5F33-47EF-B7CB-2F0CDCA8F611

Now, this is with just the regular lights on

Ford F-150 Fog lights aimed like crap 9B5D790F-E4AA-45A7-B7EF-6D7584AF17D3

Now this is with both regular lights and fog lights
Ford F-150 Fog lights aimed like crap 8FBE0BEF-5A3B-4016-965F-86C705D79480

Last edited:

thunderf150

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501a
Occupation
HR
Thank Yoo for this thread and workaround. The fog lights are now usable.
|Also can see the cornering lights in action finally.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Mine are turned all the way up and still a tad low but at least they're noticable now.

RedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Explorer
Was able to get my driver side adjusted tonight, but no luck with the passenger side. I turn it counterclockwise, it starts to go up about 1/4”, but then drops back to where it started.

I’ve turned the passenger side close to 8 full turns now with no change. Any ideas on what may be going on?

Sponsored

BigShan808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX FX4 2.7 EB SCrew
can't believe I found this thread only now. Will be making the adjustments tonight. Having them aimed higher, especially now with the 6" lift will be a game changer. And for the "fog light" police, we don't experience fog like you mainland folk do and I could gaf how you choose to do you and your lights, I'll do to mine what aids in making my night time driving that much more better.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Was able to get my driver side adjusted tonight, but no luck with the passenger side. I turn it counterclockwise, it starts to go up about 1/4”, but then drops back to where it started.

I’ve turned the passenger side close to 8 full turns now with no change. Any ideas on what may be going on?
dont want to sound condescending, but did you try turning screw the other way on the one that seemed not to move? i got confused when doing mine about OH i am on the other side of truck and my brain was turning it the wrong way.

nikon858

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ f150 platinum powerboost
Just did this myself. It was easier for me to remove the two screws in the liner to access it easier. 10mm with a short extension is all that was needed. Just eyeballed it in my garage, looks great now!

RedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Explorer
dont want to sound condescending, but did you try turning screw the other way on the one that seemed not to move? i got confused when doing mine about OH i am on the other side of truck and my brain was turning it the wrong way.
No worries, I tried turning clockwise as well to make sure I wasn’t backwards. When I did, the light started aiming lower, so I went back to counter-clockwise. Confirmed the light starts going higher, but then drops back to its downward position after about 1/4 turn.

BigShan808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX FX4 2.7 EB SCrew
Mission accomplished. Went through the trouble to remove the 7mm, peeled back the liner, found my dial required a 14mm socket, and wound up adjusting the knob with my fingers. SMH. Now my fogs light up the void beneath the Lo's cutoff and the visible space in front of the truck.
Sponsored

Last edited: