Floor mats... The great debate

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I guess I’m yesterday 😀 I really like the new model of the Weathertechs. I pull a horse trailer a bunch and all that comes with that. Protection is very important to me. Weathertechs are great at that.
Sponsored

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Mine came with the factory liners. I may eventually replace them, but I can't justify it yet.

My last 6 or so vehicles had either husky liners or weathertech liners, FWIW.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Mine came with the factory liners. I may eventually replace them, but I can't justify it yet.

My last 6 or so vehicles had either husky liners or weathertech liners, FWIW.
Welp, that didn't last long.. I should be a test case for impulse control..

I just ordered a set of Tuxmats, with the justification that my granddaughter got crumbs on the rear carpet, in an area that the factory liner didn't cover. 🤣

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Hey y'all, I was settled on the husky x-act contour mats, but then the tuxmats came into play. I'm considering this for Kansas where we have all seasons all year long, and I have a fully loaded back seat with kids in car seats. I like the husky's, but the tuxmat seen to cover a little more and look a little nicer. This is the main family vehicle, so I'm thinking about all that more then the normal "a trucks a truck" talk. Does anyone have the tuxmats and care to do a review? I'm unsure about all the extra clips I'd need to put on, but if it works it works! Tuxmats are sightly more expensive(about $40). Tia!
Best answer is no carpet on a truck.

Sponsored

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader

Uncorked

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XL
I'd agree in a lot of cases, but I can't roll up to the valet at Ruth's Chris and feel good. 😁😂

Mine is a daily driver/princess, so vinyl won't work for me.
LOL, I only ordered two additions on my basic-ass truck: running boards and carpet. Like you, mine is will a daily driver/princess.

I'll probably still upgrade the mats though.

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
I've had the TuxMats for about two months now. Yesterday, I scrubbed them good and wiped an interior clearer on them that is supposed to help the dirt not stick. We have WeatherTech-like floor mats in our Highlander, and I had them in my Honda Ridgeline. One big difference is that the TuxMats are fairly smooth, so you can easily wipe them off. The WeatherTech mats never looked as good as these look. The ridges on the WeatherTechs make them hard to get perfectionist-level clean, and when the WeatherTechs were clean, they looked OK. However, I think the WeatherTechs would be better in a scenario where you may have a lot of mud and/or water. The TuxMats definitely don't hold as much liquid as the WeatherTechs, and because they are smoother, I think they show the dirt more when they are dirty. If I were a rancher or did outdoor trade work, I would go with the WeatherTechs.

Another difference is that TuxMats do cover much more, but you may have to use several clips to get them in place. That makes it much harder to pull the mat out and spray it off. I wipe out the TuxMats where I just pull out and spray off the WeatherTechs. For the way I typically use my truck, the TuxMats are excellent.

Ford F-150 Floor mats... The great debate IMG_4586

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
There's a video of a guy who pulled the Tuxmat out of his wife's SUV driver side with one year in the SUV. I think it's Canada and he stated that the snow would melt and the water was so deep that he kept a bath towel in the garage to absorb it all and then wring it out on the driveway.

So the video was a reveal of what got past the Tuxmat over the span of that year.

Nothing. Save what I believe he described as dust. The carpet was perfect, unblemished, and no sign of moisture ever getting past the mat.

The top surface of the mat had obviously not been cleaned or treated to any care for the year.

That was the convincing video for me and I purchased for my KingRanch Powerboost.
Only complaint is that they aren't available in anything but black. And although I don't need the anti-snow capability of the mat, I do drag in a fair share of gravel and mud.

I was always a Husky/Weathertech guy because they are "rugged". And they are. But after more than 6 months with these Tuxmats, they only LOOK like city valet floor Mats. In practice, they are plenty rugged. Excellent product and design.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
so, since its a forum and all. I actually prefer the factory carpets in my King Ranch. I bought a set of the Weathertech HP liners, which are much better than their old top seller, but to be honest, I switch them out depending on weather. if its nice out, I like the plush squishy feel of all that padded carpet under my feet!!

and until this thread I had never heard of Tuxmats. they look nice tho.

oh, and the main reason I went WT is they came in a brown thats a dead ringer for the KR interior.

Ford F-150 Floor mats... The great debate IMG_7076

Last edited:

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
There's a video of a guy who pulled the Tuxmat out of his wife's SUV driver side with one year in the SUV. I think it's Canada and he stated that the snow would melt and the water was so deep that he kept a bath towel in the garage to absorb it all and then wring it out on the driveway.
A northern gentleman will kick his boots together outside the door as he gets in his truck. Keep the snow out or end up driving around all night in a terrarium with fogged up glass while plowing. ☺