Fixing rear seat comfort in supercrew

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
I was thinking of fabricating some brackets to address the backseat. This kit is way overpriced but moves the base 1/2" forward to give a little recline. I think the base cushion could be angled upward as well to give a little more thigh support for people with longer legs. I was thinking about trying some mock-ups this weekend. Does anybody know if there are other off the shelf kits?
Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have been looking for months for this bracket as well, Amazon, ebay, Aliexpress, they are all priced about the same. No one was able to tell me if they fit the 2021 and would not offer any returns if they didn't fit.

I also added the 2kw power last minute so not sure if that would prevent the use of these brackets. I find these seats are not reclined enough and would add some comfort if the seat was moved forward slightly to angle the back rest. If you come up with something let me know. ?
Still waiting for truck to be built or i would start playing around with a possible solution as well.

OP
OP
cakryg

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
I have been looking for months for this bracket as well, Amazon, ebay, Aliexpress, they are all priced about the same. No one was able to tell me if they fit the 2021 and would not offer any returns if they didn't fit.

I also added the 2kw power last minute so not sure if that would prevent the use of these brackets. I find these seats are not reclined enough and would add some comfort if the seat was moved forward slightly to angle the back rest. If you come up with something let me know. ?
Still waiting for truck to be built or i would start playing around with a possible solution as well.
It looks like Ford didn't change the mounts for the rear seats so I'm guessing the brackets will fit. I just feel they are priced about 2x of what I think they are worth.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It looks like Ford didn't change the mounts for the rear seats so I'm guessing the brackets will fit. I just feel they are priced about 2x of what I think they are worth.
$300-400 canadian shipped is way too much for me. ?

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Keep in mind with new stuff being thrown under rear seats for the 21. So who knows if those will work with all configurations. (Pro power non powerboost and under seat storage etc)

Sponsored

wayne

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum loaded, 2013 raptor
it does not fit the powerboost. it should fit all other models

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
it does not fit the powerboost. it should fit all other models
Looks like I will have to make a bracket because the price the want is just insane. I can get the steal and strap for under $30 at princess auto or even home depot.

Mikepa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Custom home builder
Watching this thread. My last F150 was 2010 and I do not recall back seats being so upright.

Had a similar problem with 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Kits with aluminum pucks mounted under the seat bolts helped but not sure the same will work here.

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
I was thinking of fabricating some brackets to address the backseat. This kit is way overpriced but moves the base 1/2" forward to give a little recline. I think the base cushion could be angled upward as well to give a little more thigh support for people with longer legs. I was thinking about trying some mock-ups this weekend. Does anybody know if there are other off the shelf kits?
If you have the knowledge and tools to fabricate those brackets to fit a 2021, and you're doing it for a Powerboost, I'd buy a set in a heartbeat. I wish I had the know how to fabricate stuff like that. You could make a bit of cash on the side.

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
I had a Wrangler that I did this mod too. Don’t even remember how I stumbled upon it, but you basically added a, what looked like a 3D printed spacer under the front part of the back seat brackets and it raised the front up.

All you had to do was unbolt the seats, insert those spacers and bolt them back down. Worked well, but I wonder if the same kit could be applied to Fords. I know it was somewhat cheap too or I wouldn’t have bought it. Lol.

EDIT: I attached a screenshot of what I had.

Ford F-150 Fixing rear seat comfort in supercrew 3868DA98-62AB-444C-8D20-F0419B9C0963

Sponsored

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
Nevermind, I just remembered the F150 seats are set up differently. ?

Mikepa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Custom home builder
Nevermind, I just remembered the F150 seats are set up differently. ?
Yes. The Wrangler seat and back is all one piece so when you tilted the seat up using more spacer in the front bolt than the rear, the seat back moved to a more comfortable recline. Plus the Wrangler was not pinned up against the back window like the F150.

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
Yes. The Wrangler seat and back is all one piece so when you tilted the seat up using more spacer in the front bolt than the rear, the seat back moved to a more comfortable recline. Plus the Wrangler was not pinned up against the back window like the F150.
yeah I thought about that after I replied. I’ve left my display of intelligence up for others to see though. ?

OP
OP
cakryg

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
I forgot to update this thread. I ended up buying this kit from LMI welding lmi 1520 SA. It essentially will shift the seat bottom forward by almost an inch which will in effect recline the seat back. It also has a bracket to reposition the seat back latches so they still function. It did make things more comfortable for the back seat passengers but for longer legged folks, the seat bottom was a bit too flat so I added some washer stacks to the bottom mounts to raise the seat bottom at the front.

I think that Ram and Toyota did a much better job with rear seat comfort and Ford didn't spend any effort to improve that from previous generations. As I have it now, it's good enough but definitely nowhere as comfortable as the front seats on long trips.

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
I forgot to update this thread. I ended up buying this kit from LMI welding lmi 1520 SA. It essentially will shift the seat bottom forward by almost an inch which will in effect recline the seat back. It also has a bracket to reposition the seat back latches so they still function. It did make things more comfortable for the back seat passengers but for longer legged folks, the seat bottom was a bit too flat so I added some washer stacks to the bottom mounts to raise the seat bottom at the front.

I think that Ram and Toyota did a much better job with rear seat comfort and Ford didn't spend any effort to improve that from previous generations. As I have it now, it's good enough but definitely nowhere as comfortable as the front seats on long trips.
Thanks for the update! Was it easy to install? Did they include directions for installation?
Sponsored