Fixing an uneven back seat

Frank_N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I got my new F150 and the back seats had a height difference of almost 2 inches. When I talked to my dealer they looked at several trucks on the lot and many of them has the same issue and it looks like nothing will be done about it. Here is what I did to fix the problem which only took about 1/2 hour and $4.

1. The first photo shows the difference in the seat height.
  2. The second photo is where I did a test to level the seats with a paint stick to get an idea of the space required. This made my seats the same height so I new what thickness I needed. I bought my spacers at the hardware store. They where the self stick type furniture sliders that goes under chair and table legs. Mine where about 1/8" thick and 1/2" wide X 4" long.
  3. In the third photo I unzipped the zipper at the bottom of the rear seat.
  4. In the fourth photo I marked the metal part of the seat bottom to where the front of the lower bracket was so I would know where the furniture slider goes. (2 photos)
  5. In the fifth photo, you can see that I have attached my spacers to the metal on the bottom of the seat. After this I closed the zippers and lowered the seat.
  6. The last photo shows the level seats.
The seats are perfect now and I am happy with the results. Hope this helps anyone looking to level the back seat.

Frank

Ford F-150 Fixing an uneven back seat 1-Uneven seats

Ford F-150 Fixing an uneven back seat 2-Paint stick test

Ford F-150 Fixing an uneven back seat 3-Zipper open

Ford F-150 Fixing an uneven back seat 4-Marking top metal of seat for front of bottom bracket

Ford F-150 Fixing an uneven back seat 4-Marking on metal bracket

Ford F-150 Fixing an uneven back seat 5-spacer on bottom of seat

Ford F-150 Fixing an uneven back seat 6-Seats level after adding spacers
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 GMC Sierra, 3500HD
Good idea. My truck is on order and I will look at it when it arrives. We are driving back from IA to Texas when I get the truck. Idea is one of us can sleep in the back while other drives. Uneven seat would suck.

Ronin1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 XL STX SuperCrew 4x4 5.0 Avalanche
I got my new F150 and the back seats had a height difference of almost 2 inches. When I talked to my dealer they looked at several trucks on the lot and many of them has the same issue and it looks like nothing will be done about it. Here is what I did to fix the problem which only took about 1/2 hour and $4.

1. The first photo shows the difference in the seat height.
  2. The second photo is where I did a test to level the seats with a paint stick to get an idea of the space required. This made my seats the same height so I new what thickness I needed. I bought my spacers at the hardware store. They where the self stick type furniture sliders that goes under chair and table legs. Mine where about 1/8" thick and 1/2" wide X 4" long.
  3. In the third photo I unzipped the zipper at the bottom of the rear seat.
  4. In the fourth photo I marked the metal part of the seat bottom to where the front of the lower bracket was so I would know where the furniture slider goes. (2 photos)
  5. In the fifth photo, you can see that I have attached my spacers to the metal on the bottom of the seat. After this I closed the zippers and lowered the seat.
  6. The last photo shows the level seats.
The seats are perfect now and I am happy with the results. Hope this helps anyone looking to level the back seat.

Frank

1-Uneven seats.jpg

2-Paint stick test.jpg

3-Zipper open.jpg

4-Marking top metal of seat for front of bottom bracket.jpg

4-Marking on metal bracket.jpg

5-spacer on bottom of seat.jpg

6-Seats level after adding spacers.jpg
What did you use for shims?

OP
OP

Frank_N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I found some composite shims at the hardware store. Some furniture glides may also work.
Sponsored