Sponsored

First Warranty repair - Charging System Service Now (Charge System Fault)

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
As one of the lucky few who has gotten their truck already, I’ll be one of the lucky few to be taking their truck in for their first warranty repair. This happened today:

Ford F-150 First Warranty repair - Charging System Service Now (Charge System Fault) 32E5417D-8547-4A39-8E89-1DD646933D03

Ford F-150 First Warranty repair - Charging System Service Now (Charge System Fault) 9A9E7FD2-4794-4815-950D-AE69428AC957

Pro power on board defaults to ON when the truck starts. The cooling fan for the battery pack or inverter or whatever is under the back seat (behind the driver) has consistently been on unless pro power is turned off. Not sure if it’s related.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TXAGENT

First Name
Law
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 5.0 FX4 Screw
Occupation
Bullshit Detector
As one of the lucky few who has gotten their truck already, I’ll be one of the lucky few to be taking their truck in for their first warranty repair. This happened today:

32E5417D-8547-4A39-8E89-1DD646933D03.jpeg

9A9E7FD2-4794-4815-950D-AE69428AC957.png

Pro power on board defaults to ON when the truck starts. The cooling fan for the battery pack or inverter or whatever is under the back seat (behind the driver) has consistently been on unless pro power is turned off. Not sure if it’s related.
Yikes. Sorry this happened, good luck.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
i was wondering why that damn fan was constantly on. WOW... turning off now
The problem is this: as soon as you turn the truck back on, it turns on pro power too. Like WHY!?

Sponsored

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
The problem is this: as soon as you turn the truck back on, it turns on pro power too. Like WHY!?
i don't believe the outlets inside the cab will work with it off. Could that be the reason?

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
i don't believe the outlets inside the cab will work with it off. Could that be the reason?
I don’t think that is the case because the inverter under the 40 seat is still there and the big one is under the 60 seat.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB

32E5417D-8547-4A39-8E89-1DD646933D03.jpeg

9A9E7FD2-4794-4815-950D-AE69428AC957.png

That really sucks, man, and you’re not alone. I’ve had my truck since 12/5.

I had my mine back to the dealership yesterday, too. My battery was fully drained when I tried to go to work. Dead as a doornail. I had to call roadside assistance for a jump, then I had a bunch of errors show up both on my dash and through FordPass. Took it directly to the dealer. They charged and checked my battery, but this does not explain why my battery drained after 3 days of not driving the vehicle. There’s a parasitic loss somewhere. I am convinced this will happen again and I’ll be going back for service.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That really sucks, man, and you’re not alone. I’ve had my truck since 12/5.

I had my mine back to the dealership yesterday, too. My battery was fully drained when I tried to go to work. Dead as a doornail. I had to call roadside assistance for a jump, then I had a bunch of errors show up both on my dash and through FordPass. Took it directly to the dealer. They charged and checked my battery, but this does not explain why my battery drained after 3 days of not driving the vehicle. There’s a parasitic loss somewhere. I am convinced this will happen again and I’ll be going back for service.
Glad to know it’s not just me. Is yours pro power too? Mine is 3.5EB with 2kw pro power. Nothing plugged in at all. Keep me posted what they tell you. I highly suspect pro power is to blame.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Glad to know it’s not just me. Is yours pro power too? Mine is 3.5EB with 2kw pro power. Nothing plugged in at all. Keep me posted what they tell you. I highly suspect pro power is to blame.
I should have mentioned that mine is not Pro Power equipped. I just have an XLT 302A, 2.7 EB with the standard 400W plug in the bed.

That makes two of us on this forum that have encountered some kind of issue with our new truck. Perhaps the admins can make a sticky so we can all keep track of issues that pop up with these new 2021s. It would be interesting to see what happens as more people get their trucks.

In any event I hope you get your issue resolved and put to rest. ??

Sponsored

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I should have mentioned that mine is not Pro Power equipped. I just have an XLT 302A, 2.7 EB with the standard 400W plug in the bed.

That makes two of us on this forum that have encountered some kind of issue with our new truck. Perhaps the admins can make a sticky so we can all keep track of issues that pop up with these new 2021s. It would be interesting to see what happens as more people get their trucks.

In any event I hope you get your issue resolved and put to rest. ??
That is interesting. I’m wondering what it is then. I’m not gonna take an excuse for an answer. My truck is 7 days old with 300 miles. Inexcusable. Keep me posted on your issue too and I hope it gets resolved!

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is interesting. I’m wondering what it is then. I’m not gonna take an excuse for an answer. My truck is 7 days old with 300 miles. Inexcusable. Keep me posted on your issue too and I hope it gets resolved!
I hear ya. The service department told me that I must have left something on. I’m thinking to myself what can you actually leave on? Everything is automatic. Anyway, I’m a pretty easy going guy and left it at that..... for now. ?

Likewise, I hope your issue gets resolved. I’ll look forward to updates regarding your truck.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I hear ya. The service department told me that I must have left something on. I’m thinking to myself what can you actually leave on? Everything is automatic. Anyway, I’m a pretty easy going guy and left it at that..... for now. ?

Likewise, I hope your issue gets resolved. I’ll look forward to updates regarding your truck.
Yeah that sounds like a cop out to me. I have nothing plugged in or on either. I told the guy all I know. Hopefully it’s something software wise they can fix either now or in the near future. But hey, that’s what we get for buying the first one’s of the redesign!

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
As I guessed. If you turn off pro power, none of the plugs work.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
As I guessed. If you turn off pro power, none of the plugs work.
I find this rather upsetting. It makes sense now that they have a 12v right next to the plug.
Sponsored