Sponsored

First War Wound - Any advice for damage to headlight and front bumper from drywall impact

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Well my truck got it's first war wound yesterday evening. I was driving down a two lane road when a piece of drywall flew off someone's truck and hit my truck on the right side of the front of my truck. A couple of buddies suggested that most of the damage should be able to be buffed out, but I wanted to get some other valued opinions.

Ford F-150 First War Wound - Any advice for damage to headlight and front bumper from drywall impact IMG-4319

Ford F-150 First War Wound - Any advice for damage to headlight and front bumper from drywall impact IMG-4320

Ford F-150 First War Wound - Any advice for damage to headlight and front bumper from drywall impact 64851706042--B3304322-0075-4187-94A8-DDA3567E4000
Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Did you get the info from the truck that had the unsecured load? Have them pay for the fix! If not (im assuming this is the case), I would at least get an estimate before trying to fix it yourself. Lots of buffing goes into fixing plastic and in the end it can look off. The painted areas might be easier.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
There could easily be plastic brackets and other fasteners not visible from the outside that are broken. For example somone had hit my escape in a parking lot, didn’t leave a note and I never noticed until I went to do an oil change as externally everything looked fine.

I would have a trusted body shop look at it.

OP
OP
bleedgreen4133
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Did you get the info from the truck that had the unsecured load? Have them pay for the fix! If not (im assuming this is the case), I would at least get an estimate before trying to fix it yourself. Lots of buffing goes into fixing plastic and in the end it can look off. The painted areas might be easier.
Thankfully the gentlemen pulled over to secure the rest of his load. I was able to show him the damage and he provided me with his insurance information.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Thankfully the gentlemen pulled over to secure the rest of his load. I was able to show him the damage and he provided me with his insurance information.
Good, take it in and have it professionally done with their insurance.

Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
If you decide to clean it up yourself try 3M Imperial Hand Glaze or Griot’s BOSS Correcting Cream on a clean microfiber rag.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
If you have the other owner's information, do as others have said and just get it done professionally. A lot of that looks like it can be buffed to fix it, but it isn't going to be easy given the area.
Sponsored