Sponsored

First trip back to the dealership - Disappointing...

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Well... I sure thought that I was doing the right thing... keep track of the items that were acting up and take it in so the dealer could take care of it all at once. It was all small things that supposedly *might* have been fixed with OTA updates... but I have never received an OTA update. So... I explained that to the service manager when I dropped off the truck. "Just force an OTA update and perform the "hard shift" TSB and it'll probably fix all the concerns."

He called me after having had the truck for over 24 hours... they are going to need it for probably at least a week!!!
A week to download the updates to the vehicle?!
Sponsored

• Angry
Reactions: sbi

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Well... I sure thought that I was doing the right thing... keep track of the items that were acting up and take it in so the dealer could take care of it all at once. It was all small things that supposedly *might* have been fixed with OTA updates... but I have never received an OTA update. So... I explained that to the service manager when I dropped off the truck. "Just force an OTA update and perform the "hard shift" TSB and it'll probably fix all the concerns."

He called me after having had the truck for over 24 hours... they are going to need it for probably at least a week!!!
A week to download the updates to the vehicle?!
Take it to another dealer and call Ford to complain.

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
I don't know the shop at all, but if it's anything like around here, they can't get qualified mech's to work on vehicles. My local RAM shop is a month out at least unless it's broken down, more if it's an "annoyance" issue...They opened a special "quick lube" place to handle all dealer oil changes in the group to relieve the load and they got same problem there..

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
One thing, a laundry list of items creates dealership dekays/waits even during normal times. Each item might go to different techs and coordinating it through all of them creates waits. Way better off getting issues addressed as they come up.
Now, anyone complaining about delays since covid apparently has been living under a rock for 2 years now.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
At my dealership, I make an appointment to get a couple of small things taken care of and it is 10 to 14 day wait. Seems like it is as stated in this thread that the service personal are not all up to speed on the new teck. It is almost like they have assigned a teck to my truck and I have to wait till he has an opening. Made an appointment on Dec 3rd and booked in on the 17th. I do think that if the truck was not usable it would be taken in faster tho.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I was basically told that my list of things was too long for a single tech to handle so it got dropped on the "Shop Foreman" to fix everything but the Transmission TSB. Even though every single one of my items (except for the cracking leather on my steering wheel) is centered around sync 4 updates. Ugh!

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I had a laundry list of small fix issues (broken cupholder, problem with trailer registering as disconnected and setting off the alarm, lane centering reset) that I brought in to my local dealer last Wednesday and they still haven't even looked at it after over a week. I had to schedule 6 weeks in advance to get an appointment and even so they aren't able to at least take a look.

I get it, things are backed up everywhere right now, so I am cutting some slack. The fact though that I had to book out 6 weeks I assumed was because they were booking appointments when they actually had availability to do work. I left a message today asking if I could just pick it up, because honestly none of these are that big of a deal and I still haven't heard back. Probably going to try somewhere else next time.

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Well... it's been a week today since I dropped off the vehicle... and haven't heard a word from them. Thanks to SecuriAlert, I know they opened the driver's door 7 times and the hood once last Friday. Other than that, they haven't touched it. I've been checking after closing time and the truck has been unlocked every night. (I lock it at night and unlock it right before they open up the shop in the morning.)

Why not honor the appointment that I set and work on my truck then, rather than take it and keep it for a week+ without touching it?! Nothing that I took it in for was major. Ugh!

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
The techs could very well be working on it outside if it's needing just programming and stuff. Techs would do that in the dealerships I was at when the weather was decent. Just roll the cart out and plug it in. I doubt someone is just wandering out to the truck to open it for no reason.

You can grab the phone and call for an update.

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Old Time Geek
The techs could very well be working on it outside if it's needing just programming and stuff. Techs would do that in the dealerships I was at when the weather was decent. Just roll the cart out and plug it in. I doubt someone is just wandering out to the truck to open it for no reason.

You can grab the phone and call for an update.
Yes... I have called for an update, but thanks for the advice. I was told that only the service manager can work on it and he is a very busy person.

Personally, I believe that they would be opening the doors or the hood to work on it. But hey... that's just me.
Sponsored