First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
we got ourselves a bed tent for my 21 Lariat PB, and went through a dry run last night. The tent and queen air mattress fit perfectly. Having the pro power on board is priceless when it comes to boondocking. I am seriously looking forward to having fresh brewed coffee, a nice breakfast, being able to keep things cool without having to pack 50 lbs of ice, etc. The list goes on.
Just a couple of years ago, this activity was off the table without a portable generator. We As much as I’ve struggled with all of the growing pains I’ve had with my job 1, I am seriously glad that I stuck it out and worked through them all. I’m on a pretty good run now with no issues at all. I still look forward to my daily commute as much as I did a year ago when I bought it. I plan on getting the ESP and hanging on to this gem for as long as she will keep chugging along.
Sponsored

KDPGame02

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Development & Design
Nice. Got pics of your rig and tent?

OP
OP

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Yes of my rig, but with the tent set up. I will post those tomorrow night or Saturday

TheHumanNerd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 PowerBoost
we got ourselves a bed tent for my 21 Lariat PB, and went through a dry run last night. The tent and queen air mattress fit perfectly. Having the pro power on board is priceless when it comes to boondocking. I am seriously looking forward to having fresh brewed coffee, a nice breakfast, being able to keep things cool without having to pack 50 lbs of ice, etc. The list goes on.
Just a couple of years ago, this activity was off the table without a portable generator. We As much as I’ve struggled with all of the growing pains I’ve had with my job 1, I am seriously glad that I stuck it out and worked through them all. I’m on a pretty good run now with no issues at all. I still look forward to my daily commute as much as I did a year ago when I bought it. I plan on getting the ESP and hanging on to this gem for as long as she will keep chugging along.
I have to agree with you. The PB makes things so much easier. It almost feels like cheating when camping, but I'm okay with that. Enjoy!

bbene

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lariat 502A Powerboost
Occupation
Software Engineer
For us it's going to be a game changer with our travel trailer. With all newer campers only having 12v fridges that the battery is incapable of powering for a full weekend electricity is a must. It gets even more important when you add the heating into the mix during the late season. We mostly camp at places with electricity, but have a few spots we go to without it each year and have to tote along a generator. I won't have my PB in time for this season, but I am stoked to have pro power onboard available for next year.

Sponsored

JohnnyBoy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
'22 F150 501 Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
chef
I full-time in my travel trailer and can't wait to go off-grid with my PB. I'm working this summer, so still have to wait another couple months.

Shooter56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Lawyer
We’ve done almost two summers and one fall of travel trailer camping with the Powerboost and for us it’s been everything you all are anticipating and more. Just so easy, quiet and reliable. Our Micro Minnie also has a 190 watt solar panel as well which really does a nice job keeping the battery charged when stored so we always start with a full charge, which helps keep the 12v fridge going until we get to our destination.

Ford F-150 First PB Camping Trip 4900E7C7-1F45-45E4-BC12-9FE384DFDBDC

OP
OP

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
That’s my end game, to get a small trailer. We’ll still use the bed tent when we have the grandkids, but I want the comfort of a camper for cross country/regional long trips.

KDPGame02

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Development & Design
Totally agree with @Shooter56. We've only boondocked for 1 week long stretch and a couple long weekends, but look forward to many more. We also stay at a lot of campgrounds with hookups, but there are plenty overnight Harvest Host stops or quick weekend getaways where the PB will come in handy--especially in the South in summer.

One mod I'd like to do is re-wiring & re-routing the shoreline of our trailer to run the PB while on the road and easier to hook up. Our Grand Design shoreline is on the very back which makes it a bit more challenging to hook up for the night. There's a great post about doing just that here.

Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
Here's my first at Oshkosh 22', we used the PB to blow up the air bed. Next year we'll have a travel trailer and my tenting days are over once more..
Ford F-150 First PB Camping Trip 20220725_184409

bbene

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Here's my first at Oshkosh 22', we used the PB to blow up the air bed. Next year we'll have a travel trailer and my tenting days are over once more..
20220725_184409.jpg
Very nice! We live just outside of Oshkosh and actually plan on renting out our house and camping at EAA next year. My PB is going to shine compared to everyone else having to run their loud generators.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The trouble is you'll have to camp with all those loud generators..

bbene

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
The trouble is you'll have to camp with all those loud generators..
There's a reason my buddy coined the term "flying man" last year 😂 (like burning man)

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
State fair for airplanes..
Sponsored