Sponsored

billybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A, 2012 Focus SEL
Occupation
EE
Flashing FPGAs in control modules is very different than downloading OTA software. I'm not in automotive controls but I do know there are almost 29 control modules in the new F150 and I could guess they operate fairly independently with data values transmitted over a shared bus. If you want to change the way they behave, you need to flash new logic to them. I don't know if the heads at Ford are comfortable with the reliability and safety of in situ flashing.
I would expect when they "flash" firmware or upgrade software that requires reboots they are the ones that can't be done in the background and require it to be parked. They did mention some updates are seamless and happen in the background but some need to be parked and happen overnight. I'd argue that its worse to not upgrade them then to upgrade them. Flashing logic chips OTA is actually pretty common in new products both industrial and consumer.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Today's the day. Anyone got their over the air update yet? How was the experience?

OP
OP
Jim Bandy

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
?'s - were there more thn one update? What were they designated for?

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Nothing showing on my FordPass app. But I'm not anxiously waiting for it. There's nothing wonky with my truck. I never use the alarm or lighting so the update won't affect me.

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
Nothing showing on my FordPass app. But I'm not anxiously waiting for it. There's nothing wonky with my truck. I never use the alarm or lighting so the update won't affect me.

No update for me either, I have lighting turned off but was the battery drain also traced back to issues with the alarm?

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
No update for me either, I have lighting turned off but was the battery drain also traced back to issues with the alarm?
The alarm is too sensitive. I actually think that fix is done at the dealership.

grosbiz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Picking up my new truck today at noon. How do I know if it got the OTA yesterday or this morning? Will there be a Version # change in Sync?

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
I got one. Can't tell that it changed anything.

Sponsored

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
I got one. Can't tell that it changed anything.
Where is it reported? Under Messages in the Account section of the Ford Pass app, or under the vehicle somewhere?

All I have is the message about the Zone Lighting issue, but no OTA notification yet that I can see.

OP
OP
Jim Bandy

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Well, Well finally. Will pick it up this Tues. had a long conversation with both salesman & service manager about battery and ensuring it's checked (tested0 + rust & yesterday's OTA.
Ford F-150 First OTA Software Update for F-150 coming tomorrow March 18th Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 11.34.17 AM

Last edited:

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Where is it reported? Under Messages in the Account section of the Ford Pass app, or under the vehicle somewhere?

All I have is the message about the Zone Lighting issue, but no OTA notification yet that I can see.
It showed up on Ford Pass on the home screen.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
Well, Well finally. Will pick it up this Tues. had a long conversation with both salesman & service manager about battery and ensuring it's checked (tested0 + rust & yesterday's OTA.
Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 11.34.17 AM.png

[/QUOT

Congratulations Jim, I know you’re going to be smiling from ear to ear when you see it.

RichOK 1941

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5L V-6 Power Boost Technology Package
Occupation
retired
Bug fixes I definitely want, but if they update the trailer sticker usage before I hook up my trailer I will be one happy camper (pun intended).
What's the trailer sticker usage issue? I attached the sensor on my trailer and it looked great during setup but I couldnt complete the setup and after a short trip, I went to back into my stall and had no enhanced backing views. I was thinking to try to set up a sticker and am I hearing there's a bug in the sticker software?
Sponsored