First major issue after 1800 Miles

bito

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 21 Iconic Silver STX
In early July i received an OTA update for my truck (STX 2.7L Crew Cab) and the next day i started receiving vehicle alerts about Blind Spot Detection and about a half dozen other things, i shut the truck off let it sit for 5 minutes and everything came back normal with no issues. Fast forward until today. I receive another OTA update last night drive the vehicle a few miles today and it starts ringing off the same vehicle alerts as last time plus even more. I feel my steering wheel getting harder to move so i pull over and shut the car off, let it sit for 5 minutes and this time it would not turn back on. Had to get it towed to the dealer, which was a pain because i couldn't put the truck in neutral until googling and figuring out how to manually force it into neutral. So here i am sitting here writing this with a Camry in my driveway instead of a the expensive truck i purchased. This is my first ford and has me 2nd guessing if i made the right decision.

Ford F-150 First major issue after 1800 Miles Screenshot_20210731-103818_FordPass
Sponsored

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
Don't know what to say other than WOW that sucks!

Ack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 4x4
Sorry to hear about that! Just in case I need it someday…how did you force it into neutral?

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
That sucks, hope things get worked out. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw. You can Google any vehicle from any year and you'll find complaints and issues. I'm just glad cars/trucks have warranties.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bito

bito

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
*Update* Day 26 of the dealer having my truck. Its finally fixed. It was a faulty gateway module that was not allowing the truck to shift in gear. According to them they part was backordered from Ford until the 19th of August.

OP
OP
bito

bito

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
update #2... 5 days after having the truck back i get the same issue. Truck will not start and will not shift into gear. I got it towed back to the dealer, and i started a buy back case with ford. Im all done!!!!
Sponsored