Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Guys and girls, just take a deep breath and calm down.

The truck hasn’t even made it to the actual media let alone to the general public to see so to get all bent out of shape now based on a few pics is just dumb.

For the most part, the people who complain the most about a new vehicle or vehicle trim before and after it’s available for sell, those same people weren’t going to purchase it anyway.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Guys and girls, just take a deep breath and calm down.

The truck hasn’t even made it to the actual media let alone to the general public to see so to get all bent out of shape now based on a few pics is just dumb.

For the most part, the people who complain the most about a new vehicle or vehicle trim before and after it’s available for sell, those same people weren’t going to purchase it anywa.
yes sir... always happens on these forums.... like another string where we were talking about taking this platform and upgrading the shocks and tires.... could have set a stop watch and sure enough the typical comment came minutes later "why would you remove the stock suspension that R&D came up with and trash the truck" I didn't see it but that is usually followed by "its your money but you will never use the capability" or the classic "you will void your warranty" blah blah
This looks to be a good starting point for a nice rig that doesn't break the bank like the Raptor (also doesn't eat the whole lane or path your on) we will see when its released

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Is it just me or do the front tires look like a different size than the rears?
You could be right. I think it’s probably just more of how the suspension is on the Tremor giving it that pronounced rake.

ClarkOrton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
I think the rake won't be as pronounced as these photos show. If you look at the spy shots before the official reveal of the new raptor there is a pretty pronounced rake there too. Looks like the production trucks should level out somewhat.

Ford F-150 First Look: 2021 Ford F-150 Tremor - IN VELOCITY BLUE METALLIC!! 2022-ford-f-150-raptor-spied-1610644520

Ford F-150 First Look: 2021 Ford F-150 Tremor - IN VELOCITY BLUE METALLIC!! 2021-Ford-F-150-Raptor-Exterior-056-Code-Orange-Raptor-37-performance-package-front-three-quar
Ford F-150 First Look: 2021 Ford F-150 Tremor - IN VELOCITY BLUE METALLIC!! -Real-World-Shots-Exterior-April-2021-007-1024x683
Ford F-150 First Look: 2021 Ford F-150 Tremor - IN VELOCITY BLUE METALLIC!! 2021 Ford F-150 Tremor at KOH 4

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I think the rake won't be as pronounced as these photos show. If you look at the spy shots before the official reveal of the new raptor there is a pretty pronounced rake there too. Looks like the production trucks should level out somewhat.

2022-ford-f-150-raptor-spied-1610644520.jpg

2021-Ford-F-150-Raptor-Exterior-056-Code-Orange-Raptor-37-performance-package-front-three-quar...jpg
-Real-World-Shots-Exterior-April-2021-007-1024x683.jpg
2021 Ford F-150 Tremor at KOH 4.jpg
Good observation. Hopefully that is the case.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Has anyone else noticed the rake?
(just kidding)
It seems to me Ford could have gone further with the F-150 Tremor … not just level the chassis on the springs, but increase travel, detachable sways, front locker, shorter front/rear bumper for improved approach/departure angles, factory hidden hitch winch … all that would only bring it up to par with a RAM Power Wagon … not to mention it should be offered in 2-door and it should have the PowerBoost engine with 7.2kW power on board as options … maybe next year?

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
And why would all of the things you mentioned be needed on the Tremor when the vast majority of owners will never need or even use.

The new Bronco has almost everything you mentioned and is a far superior off road vehicle than the Tremor or Power Wagon.

Sponsored

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
And why would all of the things you mentioned be needed on the Tremor when the vast majority of owners will never need or even use.

The new Bronco has almost everything you mentioned and is a far superior off road vehicle than the Tremor or Power Wagon.
I can't compare the Bronco to anything beyond a Wrangler or a Defender. I wouldn't even compare the F-150 Tremor to a Power Wagon … that's more like an F-250 Tremor (aside from the diesel and towing.) Just the size and weight difference means the Bronco can go places the full size pickups won't fit or can't get enough grip or they're too long in the wheelbase. I was using the Power Wagon as an example of a competitor doing all these things – they're not far-fetched ideas. I like the Wagon, but it's showing its age and drives like it is … a 10+ year old truck … but with a nice cabin. While it has great specs, it needs things like better ground clearance (it's only about the same … or less … than other RAMs.)

In any case, the list of upgrades (except for the bumpers, which I think would be tough because of crash testing costs) are simple checkbox items … look at the long list of models and options for the F-150; Ford is clearly making money selling those checkboxes on the "build" page. Look at the parts bin R&D that's gone into the Bronco … front and rear lockers and sway bar disconnect push-button on the fly … I'd pay up for those and Ford has already sunk the cost into the R&D, so making them available to fit the F-150 would be simple and presumably profitable.
The tricky one that I think 'everyone' would want, especially on a Tremor, is the factory winch. WARN has done it years ago (designed the hidden mount for an F-150) but I imagine all the space around there is radiator plumbing, so it would need some rejigging. Seems like an easy partnership deal to offer a spendy WARN unit as dealer installed part (compatible with BlueCruise sensors, etc.)

Ford F-150 First Look: 2021 Ford F-150 Tremor - IN VELOCITY BLUE METALLIC!! 1628783985823

https://www.warn.com/winch-mount-9704-ford-trucks-34701
I imagine it's going to take some serious fabri-cobbling to make a stout hidden winch mount (relocate some plumbing around the radiators, avoid the sensors) if it's even possible. If they had the scale of demand made possible by it being a factory checkbox item or a dealer installed accessory, that would justify the R&D cost (and parts, support, warranty, liability insurance, etc.)

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Has anyone else noticed the rake?
(just kidding)
It seems to me Ford could have gone further with the F-150 Tremor … not just level the chassis on the springs, but increase travel, detachable sways, front locker, shorter front/rear bumper for improved approach/departure angles, factory hidden hitch winch … all that would only bring it up to par with a RAM Power Wagon … not to mention it should be offered in 2-door and it should have the PowerBoost engine with 7.2kW power on board as options … maybe next year?
might be getting to close to the Raptor on price at that point........
Sponsored