Sponsored

Finally they got us turned on a RURAL HIGH SPEED FIBER OPTIC INTERNET

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
AT&T's Gb symmetrical service is not available in all areas. Nor is the $55 300 up and 300 down plan.
I don't doubt 35Mb up could be the limit of the Comcast system in your area. The SE US is known as Classic Comcast. Way different than the West or other parts of the US.
Level of service availability is driven by several different things in the market area. Same as for any provider.

Again, interesting discussion.
You can go to comcast's site and check what's provided for any given address (likely an account present, select 'I'm moving here' and will display the details. The pathetic uploads aren't listed anywhere I've checked and I just followed every link, over a dozen. Haven't checked outside of this area. In limited cases they'll do one of their other plans with some sort of non cable modem arrangements and the pricing / install fees are all over the place. Super $$$.

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/deals/internet

Here's most of the area for example -- notice how they try and force a $15/mo modem fee on their because they're dicks like that calling it "wifi equipment included" aka they want you to pay for a modem/router unit that they then freely serve up the other SSIDs for anyone to be able to connect to.
Ford F-150 Finally they got us turned on a RURAL HIGH SPEED FIBER OPTIC INTERNET 1706164365687

Pricing of "included equipment" $15 or 25$/mo for dog shit nonsense. Modems are $150 yet they sucker people in.
Ford F-150 Finally they got us turned on a RURAL HIGH SPEED FIBER OPTIC INTERNET 1706164493324

On the home side you can't even find the upload speeds, but you can if you go through the business side of things. Customers are dumb and don't need to worry about upload speeds after all. They're just a really inconvenient metric to be honest about.

Found hidden on the business side -- the big reveal, 35Mbs upload. LOL
Ford F-150 Finally they got us turned on a RURAL HIGH SPEED FIBER OPTIC INTERNET 1706165202417

Lots of quality server backups to be had with a whopping 35Mbs.

This why comcast is and always will be a joke.
Sponsored

Last edited:

snapper9601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 4x4 Lariat 500A SCrew 2.7EB 145"
Comcast Business is a different animal. And all that marketing crap drives everyone crazy. Take a nibble on a piece of bait..... still cannot just get an answer to most basic technical questions.

I merely pointed out that 35 Mbps max is not true (for residential).

All good, man.... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
our COOP the GEAR in the house
the modem, the connector box from fiber to Ethernet, the cables etc are included for free as part of the service
plus you can protect them for a few dollars and as well as the cabling inside the house
they dont charge to replace or fix outside stuff once per year if you cut it etc by accident
i am happy with service and price drop over dsl

now to go after texas water utility of 195 a month for 3k gallons of water and sewer

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Um, is that $195, or 19.50???
yes 195 dollars
they couldn't get a rate hike, so they disguised the rate hike as PASS THROUGH charges...but that is a lie
as the community has our own 25k foot well and processes all sewer on site and effluent is discharged into lake fork, another reason our bass and catfish are so HUGE

pass through are to cover cost of them buying water from 3rd party...but there is no 3rd party
texas public untility commission is crooked and does not see it that way as we are not a city

water and sewer rates for our 1300 homes will be the end of our community
3k gallons at 195..lots of people use 4 to 5 per month

Sponsored

Papa Tiger

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 F150's
Occupation
retired
$600 seems a bit pricy for Elon Musks receiver but in the long run I will wait and see.
Have Fiber optic to Telephone and good speed with two Servers for the home offices.
4 computers running 11 pro. The Wifes office hums while I'm mostly laid back with Forum and Music most of the afternoons. It costs around $240 a month for 2 Cellulars and 2
Servers for the Internet. Also 3 Apple iPad's and 2 Tablets. Oh well. just my toys, I Bad!

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Hmm. AT&T Fiber flier on my door. 70+ year old homes here and the POTS lines suck. Pricing looks very competitive with Comcast (cheaper) and reading it is symmetrical. Considering I keep nearly hitting the annoying Xfinity bandwidth cap I'm very tempted. Was at work when the annoying door to door sales people were out in force but saw them on cams.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hmm. AT&T Fiber flier on my door. 70+ year old homes here and the POTS lines suck. Pricing looks very competitive with Comcast (cheaper) and reading it is symmetrical. Considering I keep nearly hitting the annoying Xfinity bandwidth cap I'm very tempted. Was at work when the annoying door to door sales people were out in force but saw them on cams.
That's a little lotto win if they'd deployed fiber in your area. We've got a well-established comcast network here and ATT's fiber smokes all aspects of it. 35% less latency to the IX, symmetrical speeds, oh and it's not comcast! 1Gb up and down is nice to have, no data cap.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Looks like it is coming. The door notice was that they will be doing construction in area which means they need access to backyard. I guess it will just run along the power poles like the phone lines. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Looks like it is coming. The door notice was that they will be doing construction in area which means they need access to backyard. I guess it will just run along the power poles like the phone lines. 🤷‍♂️
good thing about it hanging on power poles...they are less likely to bore through the water lines
we had several ENCOUNTERS with underground water and sewer piping here.

best part for our little neighbor hood of 1200 est. is it forced water/sewer provider to actually TRUTHFULLY mark lines vice using the original plat map plan from 1998
they found real fast that the company putting in the water lines did not lay them in the ground in straight lines, instead they chose the inchworm plan of wiggles , they found many water lines outside the set back range of 18 feet , yes they had an 18 foot free zone to lay in utilities and instead chose to go 5, 10 feet into property or UNDER the street.
we had gushers everywhere.

in our place we have 60 foot road bed easement , with 18 to 20 on each side of actual road pavement/gravel/chip seal/asphalt
the 18-20 foot dead zone on each side is for the drainage, water, power, phones. internet stuff then your lots start at the other side of the 18-20 foot easement. sewer runs on rear of lots where the lot from other street behind you meet yours...of course the 2" sewer (high pressure) is on supposed to be on the lot lone at zero point. but most also do the long wiggle of s curves along the route to the other point, so some have sewer lines past the 5 foot easement in the rear , so of course we have a few sewer spews , when people put up fences or construction as the water/sewer company uses map vice poke and verify the pipe location.
yet they get a price increase????

good news is our new fiber is freaking awesome

Sponsored

Micho523

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Occupation
Engineer
Just got fiber myself from IQ Fiber, a local company. $85/mo for symmetrical gigabit. They offer 5 gig symmetrical for like $125. Their network and hardware they provide are all 10 gig capable. Was pretty nice to see the 10 gig Ethernet port on the switch.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Tonight's test...

Ford F-150 Finally they got us turned on a RURAL HIGH SPEED FIBER OPTIC INTERNET Screenshot_20240228_230248_Google

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Last edited:

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
I’ll add my service. Plan is 500 up and down . Fluctuates from time to time depending on demand. Fibre optic to the house from the street line.
First photo is on my ipad and the second on my iphone 11

Ford F-150 Finally they got us turned on a RURAL HIGH SPEED FIBER OPTIC INTERNET IMG_0055

Ford F-150 Finally they got us turned on a RURAL HIGH SPEED FIBER OPTIC INTERNET IMG_3719
Sponsored