Finally, some hope..

Motown

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
After religiously checking the tracker daily since I ordered my truck back in September, there’s finally hope! Showing delivered to my dealer on 02/22.
I’m almost hoping that they’ll stall enough to get me to March for the incentives. Not what I’d expect to say after waiting 6 months!

Ford F-150 Finally, some hope.. DC081476-504C-457D-9EFF-A814422FDAD0
Sponsored

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
If they don’t contact to tomorrow, call them Thursday, talk to your sales guy, ask innocently if its there, let him know youre on a business trip but can be in his office Tuesday to pay (Ford truck month officially starts Tuesday). When he says its there, remind him how firm you are on the sale, that they have your deposit and you’d appreciate it if he would make sure a sold sign is clearly put on vehicle to avoid mistakes but at the same time you don‘t expect error because your window sticker is green, meaning special order. Letting him know these things lets him know subtly you’re educated on the process. Be polite, be kind but be firm its sold and youre prepared to pay on Tuesday, in just 4 days and you appreciate his patience as hes appreciated you waiting all these months.

OP
OP
Motown

Motown

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
If they don’t contact to tomorrow, call them Thursday, talk to your sales guy, ask innocently if its there, let him know youre on a business trip but can be in his office Tuesday to pay (Ford truck month officially starts Tuesday). When he says its there, remind him how firm you are on the sale, that they have your deposit and you’d appreciate it if he would make sure a sold sign is clearly put on vehicle to avoid mistakes but at the same time you don‘t expect error because your window sticker is green, meaning special order. Letting him know these things lets him know subtly you’re educated on the process. Be polite, be kind but be firm its sold and youre prepared to pay on Tuesday, in just 4 days and you appreciate his patience as hes appreciated you waiting all these months.
Great information! I appreciate it. I’d hope a few days wouldn’t be an issue after the wait for it to come in. I do leave for vacation next Monday so I’m curious when I’ll get the call to tell me it’s ready.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
One week from built to delivery, that’s great! What plant was your truck built at and what area was it shipped to?

OP
OP
Motown

Motown

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
One week from built to delivery, that’s great! What plant was your truck built at and what area was it shipped to?
Truck was built in Kansas City. Ironically, I’m about 5 minutes from the Dearborn Truck Plant in Michigan.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Truck was built in Kansas City. Ironically, I’m about 5 minutes from the Dearborn Truck Plant in Michigan.
Still a pretty good time. I’m hoping mine makes a B-line to Florida right after it’s built!

MikeOnTheMove

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 F-150 Supercrew
Occupation
Retired
Same story here. Waited 6 months for delivery, status kept showing 3/18 delivery, shows up on dealers lot yesterday. Told him I wanted to complete the deal after the March incentives come out. His response was 'no problem'.

OP
OP
Motown

Motown

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Well I got the call to come take a look tonight. Explained to him that I’d like to wait for March incentives to which he didn’t bat an eye.

The truck is BEAUTIFUL! Everything I wanted. When running lease numbers with my salesman, I made the mistake of having him run a 502A Lariat. Only a $50 difference monthly. I love the XLT I ordered, but I don’t know where I would go wrong on the Lariat..

I left the dealership uneasy. Didn’t this stuff used to be fun?

Ford F-150 Finally, some hope.. 0B28B8B0-BA9F-4C03-858F-616E0F7F7994

Ford F-150 Finally, some hope.. F99EDE65-E35F-4EC5-A56A-0E28C50CDDD6

Ford F-150 Finally, some hope.. C62295ED-DF07-473A-B30E-8FB53E798030

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Well I got the call to come take a look tonight. Explained to him that I’d like to wait for March incentives to which he didn’t bat an eye.

The truck is BEAUTIFUL! Everything I wanted. When running lease numbers with my salesman, I made the mistake of having him run a 502A Lariat. Only a $50 difference monthly. I love the XLT I ordered, but I don’t know where I would go wrong on the Lariat..

I left the dealership uneasy. Didn’t this stuff used to be fun?
That’s one sharp looking rig! Congrats man!

Matthew2118

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fiesta, 2021 Ford F-150 XL Powerboost
Same story here. Waited 6 months for delivery, status kept showing 3/18 delivery, shows up on dealers lot yesterday. Told him I wanted to complete the deal after the March incentives come out. His response was 'no problem'.
Did your tracking information on this site's tracker, or Ford.com, show that your vehicle was at least in transit or was it still listed as "in production" or "built" when it showed up at the dealership?

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
I’d switch you... I live in KC and mine is built in Dearborn.
Sponsored