Finally got Wireless AA

Swegner99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2017 Expedition EL
My phone updated overnight to Android 11, on the way to work this morning I was able to mess with wireless Android Auto a little bit.

From my limited usage I really like it so far, not having to plug in is a definite upside.

Time will tell if it has buggy issues or not.
Sponsored

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 2WD 2.7 SPORT
Occupation
Car Sales
My phone updated overnight to Android 11, on the way to work this morning I was able to mess with wireless Android Auto a little bit.

From my limited usage I really like it so far, not having to plug in is a definite upside.

Time will tell if it has buggy issues or not.
Mine drops all of the time. Says connection is unstable.

OP
OP
Swegner99

Swegner99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
Mine is pretty stable, and works well. I am trying to figure out how to shut it off, though. I use the pro power on board a lot at work, and I'm in and out of the bed a good bit too. It's become insanely frustrating because it connects as soon as I get within 15 or 20 feet of the truck whether I want it to or not.

The most frustrating part about it is when somebody tries to call you but you can't even see it on your phone because it's going to the trucks AA. You then have to unlock the phone, go into settings, and disconnect from wireless driving apps to make a call normally. At least, until it auto reconnects. Other then that, it's nice to have.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Swegner99

Swegner99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine is pretty stable, and works well. I am trying to figure out how to shut it off, though. I use the pro power on board a lot at work, and I'm in and out of the bed a good bit too. It's become insanely frustrating because it connects as soon as I get within 15 or 20 feet of the truck whether I want it to or not.

The most frustrating part about it is when somebody tries to call you but you can't even see it on your phone because it's going to the trucks AA. You then have to unlock the phone, go into settings, and disconnect from wireless driving apps to make a call normally. At least, until it auto reconnects. Other then that, it's nice to have.
I could see how that would get frustrating having to do it constantly, but cant you just shut off bluetooth option on your phone while you are working and turn it back on when you are leaving the jobsite? Most phones have a quick access button for bluetooth.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
I could see how that would get frustrating having to do it constantly, but cant you just shut off bluetooth option on your phone while you are working and turn it back on when you are leaving the jobsite? Most phones have a quick access button for bluetooth.
Doesn't wireless AA work over WiFi? I'll have to try that. Hopefully not BT, then my watch will not work.

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SuperCrew Platinum 5.0 4x4 6.5'
No issues with wireless AA here. The only problem I have is my case, an Otter Box, is too thick so the inductive charging doesn't work. :/

OP
OP
Swegner99

Swegner99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well I guess I honestly don't know the answer to that. I can say that I don't have the Wifi turned on in my truck.

klinkor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
If I leave my phone in my left front pocket it does have some connectivity issues but if I just put in the center console phone holder slot, it works flawlessly

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Biggest issue I've had with AA is the album art/song title occasionally not updating. A few bugs in there but it's not terrible.
Sponsored