Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 powerboost
On the Powerboost 10r80 MHT, the service manual states:

Screenshot_20230303_085833_OneDrive.jpg

So I think you are good.
Looks normal color to me, but I'm no expert. As long as it doesn't smell burnt and lost its clarity, I would think it's fine?
thank you
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Having never seen that trans dipstick before, I find the numbering very counter intuitive that a lower number represents a higher fluid level. Isn't that kind of ass backwards? 🤔
And on some of the dipsticks you will find abcdef instead of numbers

Who knows why they think these things up?
Why not etch into the plastic stick a range of "good" for that 10r80?

Takes the guess work out.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Note: When that manual says don't overfill, it means it. I had my dealer change transmission oil & filter. They had a procedure that wasn't clear on how much to refill with and ended up overfilling it. The engine would start but the transmission wouldn't budge the truck. Trouble shot it for some 10 or 11 hours, including disconnecting the main battery to "reset things." It wasn't until I spoke with them and said "You know, that little battery in the backseat area is surely a keep alive memory battery" and you need to disconnect it too in order to clear out all memory, that they could get the truck to operate. Somehow it knew that it was overfilled and that that is a bad thing... :)

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
So what happened to the days when people were expected to know something about their cars? You know, use the dipstick every so often, change the plugs & points, knowing that there are two sets of marks on the transmission dipstick (one for cold and one for hot level checks), check the air in your tires... well you get it... Daggone things are smarter than I am these days... My biggest fear is the stop safely now warning in the middle of nowhere with no idea of what's wrong... In those bygone days cars would let you know by vibrations, noises etc that something was coming. Now that computer compensates until everything just dumps...

OP
OP
HANCOCK

HANCOCK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 powerboost
that is too much common sense to put (good) on a dipstick !! These are engineers that we are talking about . They are very smart but no common sense

Sponsored

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum
On the Powerboost 10r80 MHT, the service manual states:

Screenshot_20230303_085833_OneDrive.jpg

So I think you are good.
Looks normal color to me, but I'm no expert. As long as it doesn't smell burnt and lost its clarity, I would think it's fine?

I have searched for this information here several different ways and this is the closest ive gotten so ill ask you to see if you can help.
I have a 2023 with the 5.0 engine. What level should my trans be at, at operating temperatures? My dipstick has the numbers like you show here. Thank you!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I have searched for this information here several different ways and this is the closest ive gotten so ill ask you to see if you can help.
I have a 2023 with the 5.0 engine. What level should my trans be at, at operating temperatures? My dipstick has the numbers like you show here. Thank you!
I'm sorry, but my copy of the service manual is VIN specific, so the transmission pages are all specific to the 10r80 MHT that the Powerboost is equipped with.

The Coyote does have basically the same transmission, but it is possible that the proper fluid level is 1 or 2 segments different on the dipstick. I honestly don't know.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I just saw a post saying for the 5.0 it is between 5 & 6 on the dipstick.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Here you go, good luck

Gotcha on the 5.0 @Snakebitten @Kanuck

Ford F-150 Finally got second gear issue fixed Screenshot_20240129_230307_OneDrive

Ford F-150 Finally got second gear issue fixed Screenshot_20240129_230252_OneDrive
Sponsored