First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
Funny you mention that.....I thought the very same thing when I watched the video!
I think that is the button to go back in the screens to see something different...ie - phone or text message, etc

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
I think that is the button to go back in the screens to see something different...ie - phone or text message, etc
Yeah, you're right on the green arrow. I think that was part of the screenshot that CommoSGT captured, not something they added to call attention to. As I read it, they are referring to the truck and trailer image, diagonally down to the right of the big green arrow. It looks backwards to me too. I'm curious to see it in action as looking at the still image, that seems to be a lot to process with two opposing views in the same screen, and then in real life, you add movement and speed to the equation.

Its Not Me

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 3.5l Ecoboost 11/6/20
Occupation
Commercial Locksmith
Not thread related, but cool avatar pic. How'd you get that?
Took a picture of the screen on my truck at shutdown...I wish I could choose the vehicle color on the screen to match my dark gray...
:)

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Yeah, you're right on the green arrow. I think that was part of the screenshot that CommoSGT captured, not something they added to call attention to. As I read it, they are referring to the truck and trailer image, diagonally down to the right of the big green arrow. It looks backwards to me too. I'm curious to see it in action as looking at the still image, that seems to be a lot to process with two opposing views in the same screen, and then in real life, you add movement and speed to the equation.
Yes it was not the green arrow, but the image used for the trailer angle that seems bassaskwards.
The two views are mirror images rather than being aligned. Confusing to my simple brain.

Ford F-150 Finally a video explaining 2021 F150 Pro Backup Assist + vehicle and trailer setup trailer view

Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Maybe they reversed it since you would be watching a forward facing screen while going backwards?

Or maybe just a video production error? Someday might try this, I don’t know, never had any trouble backing a trailer but the additional cost was minimal.

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Yeah, I think I'll know by next week. I'm headed out fishing for a few days and I thought I'd throw the sensor on the boat trailer and just try it out to see what it's like.

I kind of look at it like multiplication. Do I know how to multiply large numbers by hand? Sure, I can do that if needed. Is it quicker and easier with a calculator. Yep, generally is. That's my approach here. Be able to do it manually so you understand how it works, but if the tech lets me do it faster and more easily, then I'm all for it. But, my job is tech and software all day long, so I'm naturally going to be more biased to seeing what it can do. Should be fun either way.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Took a picture of the screen on my truck at shutdown...I wish I could choose the vehicle color on the screen to match my dark gray...
:)
I knew I recognized it from somewhere! I wish we could choose too. Thankfully for me, my truck is Velocity Blue so it matches pretty well!

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Yes it was not the green arrow, but the image used for the trailer angle that seems bassaskwards.
The two views are mirror images rather than being aligned. Confusing to my simple brain.

trailer view.png
My guess is that since this is an animation example, it's an error on the part of the animator.

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
So are the sensors meant to be attached to a trailer permanently? If so I guess you can’t take advantage if you rent a trailer.

Sponsored

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
So are the sensors meant to be
So are the sensors meant to be attached to a trailer permanently? If so I guess you can’t take advantage if you rent a trailer.
I'd probably do what someone on one of the threads suggested - put the velcro pro like stuff on the back of the sensor, and then on the trailers, the mating halves of the strips. On a rental, you'd just be out a couple velcro fabric strips. Might be pretty low sunk cost if the tech works well and is beneficial. I know I wouldn't feel bad leaving a few strips behind - or even pulling them off when I was done with the rental.

Shawnmon

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport
Hello:

Recently bought an F150 XLT Sport and it came with the sensor and stickers. I want to use the sensor on my boat trailer, but the recommended location would be submerged when launching the boat. looking at the sensor and electrical connection to it, I don't think submerging is a good idea. Any advice on this? Waiting to hear back from my dealer too. I can't find any videos online of installing the sensor on a boat trailer.

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Bronco Spt BL , '21 Tremor Ordered

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
Hello:

Recently bought an F150 XLT Sport and it came with the sensor and stickers. I want to use the sensor on my boat trailer, but the recommended location would be submerged when launching the boat. looking at the sensor and electrical connection to it, I don't think submerging is a good idea. Any advice on this? Waiting to hear back from my dealer too. I can't find any videos online of installing the sensor on a boat trailer.
I installed my sensor to the post that the winch is mounted to.
Sponsored