First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 lariat Powerboost
Occupation
CTO
Update done. And got the notification in FordPass. Son sent a video of his test drive after he was done. Can’t wait to try it myself. And I still hadn’t gotten any update after 2.3.0. So I was stuck there.

Ford F-150 Final Steps to Bluecruise email 9CE2AF67-61F8-42D0-AA3E-6C8F5D4ABB22

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
It just happens when you turn on cruise.
Did 2.5.1 yesterday evening and it must have done another one this afternoon.

How do you activate BlueCruise after it gets installed at the dealer? How do you turn it on and off?
Ford F-150 Final Steps to Bluecruise email 494DDEFD-D7B9-4C17-9BBE-64A5A2C19455

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
It just happens when you turn on cruise.
Did 2.5.1 yesterday evening and it must have done another one this afternoon.

494DDEFD-D7B9-4C17-9BBE-64A5A2C19455.png
Thanks BoilerTimmay! But can't you still have plain old cruise control, feet off the pedals hands on the wheel?

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
Thanks BoilerTimmay! But can't you still have plain old cruise control, feet off the pedals hands on the wheel?
You can - basically it works the same as before you just have the option to take your hands off the wheel on certain sections of road. It will say hands free and the dash lights up differently (it actually isn’t currently hands free in that photo). There is nothing from keeping you leaving your hands on the wheel when it is hands free and assisting the steering yourself (I find myself correcting every so often or still helping in certain spots because it isn’t perfect).

I do think the algorithm is a bit different from the old lane centering. To me it feels a bit more “natural” (will arc a bit more for curves etc vs just locked on center) but could be placebo. It does sometime get a bit lost on the highway for me which is when I put hands on - it sometimes will be doing well then randomly drift a bit and spending some time going back and forth to correct. It def needs a bit of work but after using it regularly I’m gaining more confidence in it and know the situations where I won’t trust it.

Sponsored

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
You can - basically it works the same as before you just have the option to take your hands off the wheel on certain sections of road. It will say hands free and the dash lights up differently (it actually isn’t currently hands free in that photo). There is nothing from keeping you leaving your hands on the wheel when it is hands free and assisting the steering yourself (I find myself correcting every so often or still helping in certain spots because it isn’t perfect).

I do think the algorithm is a bit different from the old lane centering. To me it feels a bit more “natural” (will arc a bit more for curves etc vs just locked on center) but could be placebo. It does sometime get a bit lost on the highway for me which is when I put hands on - it sometimes will be doing well then randomly drift a bit and spending some time going back and forth to correct. It def needs a bit of work but after using it regularly I’m gaining more confidence in it and know the situations where I won’t trust it.
Great answer, thanks. 🍻

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Today the final 2.5.3 installed with Sync Version 22034 Rev: 364 and now I have bed camera at speed. Long road to get here after replacing my APIM in late February and afterwards all my OTA updates started working.

Now just to get the driveshaft insulation recall completed.

Ntsi

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 lariat Powerboost
Occupation
CTO
after having the dealer, aka my son , Install the updates via fdrs, some of the customizations that were done with FORScan gets over written. Items that I see have been reverted so far are the temps in the dash board for oil/trans and Glare Free lights in the IPMA and the dash (But the lights are still working like it is setup for Glare Free). I will go through the rest of the setting this weekend.

items that didn’t get updated are Bambi lights, Global Windows, Mirror setting to Lincoln, and warning buzzers.

so. If you have any customizations, you may have to reset them after the power ups are applied.
One item that he was able to fix was the trailer module recall, which I was told wasn’t released. The under shield recall he couldn’t do because the De-energize of the hybrid battery didn’t work, both the manual and the fdrs de-energize failed.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Yes. Turn off lane assist on your steering wheel. It will function just like normal cc with no steering input. Or, you could just leave your hand on the wheel while in BC mode like @gtotco suggested.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
No email yet but BlueCruise now showing up under Connected Services on my Ford account. Job 1, non-EAP, 2.3.0

Sponsored

BRDVPRA

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
Does anyone know if the trucks with the 2.0 prep that currently can self drive as long as you touch the steering wheel on occasion will still be able to do this or will all capable F150s be pushed to use Blue Cruise?

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
You can turn off hands free driving and just use adaptive. On roads that aren't blue cruise highways regular adaptive steering works

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Did about 400 miles yesterday and this morning. Most of it Bluecruise.
While I stay just as vigilant in Bluecruise as I do in regular adaptive cruise/lane-keeping, once I got into the flow of it, Bluecruise is less taxing over the long haul.

Oh, and I personally think the infrared sensors are a bit too concerned. I would get nagged on occasion when I was clearly looking out the windshield. I wish Alexa was actually the AI over the onboard truck network so I could just tell her to back off a little on the worry. Lol

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Did about 400 miles yesterday and this morning. Most of it Bluecruise.
While I stay just as vigilant in Bluecruise as I do in regular adaptive cruise/lane-keeping, once I got into the flow of it, Bluecruise is less taxing over the long haul.

Oh, and I personally think the infrared sensors are a bit too concerned. I would get nagged on occasion when I was clearly looking out the windshield. I wish Alexa was actually the AI over the onboard truck network so I could just tell her to back off a little on the worry. Lol
Agreed! It is a bit too sensitive and gives a lot of false warnings. So much so that if my wife is with me, she keeps telling me "turn that crap off whatever you are doing". I don't know how to get rid of it other than totally killing all hands free with the button, and reverting to pure adaptive. I haven't investigated whether there is a quick shortcut to switch from blue-cruise to regular lane-assist-cruise so I can ditch the "eyes up here!" warnings. Lane-assist warnings only seem to rarely occur (typically only in construction zones if not using the right lane) and the sound is less offending. It just sounds like an airplane "free to move about the cabin" chime.

Also, I kind of like seeing my RPMs. I'd prefer when bluecruise goes active that the cluster turns blue (looks cool!) but I don't need the "hands-free" in the left cluster (though I could definitely understand the need for colorblind drivers).

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Agreed! It is a bit too sensitive and gives a lot of false warnings. So much so that if my wife is with me, she keeps telling me "turn that crap off whatever you are doing". I don't know how to get rid of it other than totally killing all hands free with the button, and reverting to pure adaptive. I haven't investigated whether there is a quick shortcut to switch from blue-cruise to regular lane-assist-cruise so I can ditch the "eyes up here!" warnings. Lane-assist warnings only seem to rarely occur (typically only in construction zones if not using the right lane) and the sound is less offending. It just sounds like an airplane "free to move about the cabin" chime.

Also, I kind of like seeing my RPMs. I'd prefer when bluecruise goes active that the cluster turns blue (looks cool!) but I don't need the "hands-free" in the left cluster (though I could definitely understand the need for colorblind drivers).
When I saw that I lost my tachometer, I knew I had to add that PID to my Ngauge (ODB monitoring device)
I monitor the truck's timing (knock sensing), OAR (auto-octane adjust tables), Boost, and intake air temps. RPM's is definitely a part of the cocktail and if I lose that on the cluster then I'm going to have to add it to the second cluster. :)

A blinker will immediately take you out of Bluecruise temporarily, but I can't be sending mixed signals to the world around me just to halt the nagging. Lol

I'm guessing that 2 things might come to my (our) aid eventually.
First, as more folks start enjoying Bluecruise in their F150, the Forscan gurus are going to discover a few parameters regarding it?
Second, Ford will be harvesting enough field data to maybe tweak some of the settings in our favor as well.

Both I suspect will require patience, of course. Not easy in this modern I-want-it-now world. :)

Ford F-150 Final Steps to Bluecruise email 20220518_082751
Sponsored

Last edited: