First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 lariat Powerboost
Occupation
CTO
Just talked to my son. He had a 21 PB in yesterday for the upgrade. Started at 7:30am. Finished at 7:30pm. But all worked as it should. Mine is scheduled for Monday. 12 hours. That’s a long update.
Sponsored

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Accord
Occupation
IT MGR
Just talked to my son. He had a 21 PB in yesterday for the upgrade. Started at 7:30am. Finished at 7:30pm. But all worked as it should. Mine is scheduled for Monday. 12 hours. That’s a long update.
Complete failure on Ford for marketing and hyping up a feature their engineers barely had a framework ready. 12 hours is 24 hours or more of me not having a truck. On top of the many visits to correct random errors. I'm on pace to bring it to the dealer every few months for something new that pops up.

They need to poach some engineers from Tesla quick if they want to catch up.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Instructional Designer
One week after 2.4.5 I got notification that 2.5.1 is installing tonight.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Any way to force these to download? I’m usually a week apart. I would like to speed them up.

Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Posted on Thursday I got 2.5.1 and today I got 2.5.2. I noticed when I looked at FordPass to clear my notifications for Secure Alert. Also had the BlueCruise notification stating it was activated. Even though it was 9:30 pm EST I had to go for a test drive, and it works quite well.

Ford F-150 Final Steps to Bluecruise email 20220410_213712

Here is a short video and when I pan over to the Synce screen you can see the blinking of the eye sensor.

It showed an activation message on the dash when I turned onto the entrance ramp of the highway, "BlueCruise on. Watch the road. Be prepared to resume control." It also turned off when the right lane turned into an exit lane.

It does know if you are looking at the dash/sync area or left out the window, down by your crotch where you might have a phone, or right towards the passenger seat. It gave me a warning to watch the road if I looked those directions longer than 5 second. However, it didn't warn anything if you hold the phone on the airbag.

Sync is still Version: 220028 Rev: 358.

I have read that 2.5.3 updates Sync with BlueCruise selections.

Note: engine light is a malfunctioning exhaust sensor that is on order to be replaced when dealer completes my transmission insulation recall.

Last edited:

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
How do you activate BlueCruise after it gets installed at the dealer? How do you turn it on and off?

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
How do you activate BlueCruise after it gets installed at the dealer? How do you turn it on and off?
First make sure it's "Adaptive Cruise Control with Hands Free" is activated under I think the Features tab on Sync (could be another menu). Then while driving activate cruise control and then turn on lane centering. As long as you are on a BC enabled road it should kick on in a few seconds.

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
I don't think so. They have been kinda slow for me too. But I'm almost done.
No pattern. Some get 2.5.2 next day. Others like me sit at 15 days and nothing.
very sloppy.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN