2021 XLT-5.0L-FX4 302AHigh

HeadBanger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 5.0
Has anyone tried any of the cheap China overlays? Black Front Fender Side Vent Cover Trim Bezels For Ford F150 2021-22 Accessories | eBay
My platinum should be showing up at Granger sometime soon and dechroming it is on my shortlist of things to start working on. (BAP not being available for 6'4 beds is nuts).
Amazon sells some of the Chinese carbon fiber overlays. I have a couple of them on the inside and they fit very well. There are however the fender ones there as well. Not sure about gloss black though.

bossbolognese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 platinum 701a on order
Amazon sells some of the Chinese carbon fiber overlays. I have a couple of them on the inside and they fit very well. There are however the fender ones there as well. Not sure about gloss black though.
Yeah, I didn't see exterior badges on amazon, only on ebay. I think I saw some matte black ones as well. The BAP badges are crazy expensive for what they are and I'd rather just pay to get my badges paint matched.

jcgemt2003

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
I put these on. Got them with my Ford Rewards from the dealer.
Ford F-150 Fender Badges - anyone changed theirs? 12A48388-92F0-4A41-A7F8-4B6EDD6303D0

Reactions: 780

Sponsored

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
I put these on. Got them with my Ford Rewards from the dealer.
12A48388-92F0-4A41-A7F8-4B6EDD6303D0.jpeg
Looks good. Do those just snap on using the existing clips and some 3M double-sided tape like the OEMs do? I assume so, but do you know if they are paintable? I would probably just paint mine the OEM color.

skwrtle

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
does anyone know if its possible to just replace the lower rectangular portion where the Lariat, XLT, etc is at?

bossbolognese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 platinum 701a on order

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
does anyone know if its possible to just replace the lower rectangular portion where the Lariat, XLT, etc is at?
Yeah they are definitely removable. You can clearly see it is a separate piece in the picture. Looks like by drilling out the 3 melted plastic tabs that I circled in red would release it. From there it looks like you could even separate the chrome lettering from the black surround if you wanted to.

Ford F-150 Fender Badges - anyone changed theirs? 49F41F7D-DB24-4515-9537-8F0CDCEE423E

Ford F-150 Fender Badges - anyone changed theirs? 3B63287F-D661-45E9-AD8E-17D593675B2A

Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I got the Air Design fender vents. First effort was painting them myself, which wasn't terrible. About $90 for primer/paint/clearcoat rattle can set off Amazon, plus fine grit sandpaper. It's non-trivial to get the nooks and crannies right. Anyway, when you mount them, make sure they are FAR back, because it's easy to not get any of the front adhesive to stick. You can't really confirm that failure until one flies off on the interstate.

Anyway, second set I got them professionally painted for $250 and made sure to mount them as far to the rear as I could (basically rear edge of fender vent is even with the rear edge of front quarterpanel). I think they're extremely sharp.

Reactions: 780

skwrtle

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I got the Air Design fender vents. First effort was painting them myself, which wasn't terrible. About $90 for primer/paint/clearcoat rattle can set off Amazon, plus fine grit sandpaper. It's non-trivial to get the nooks and crannies right. Anyway, when you mount them, make sure they are FAR back, because it's easy to not get any of the front adhesive to stick. You can't really confirm that failure until one flies off on the interstate.

Anyway, second set I got them professionally painted for $250 and made sure to mount them as far to the rear as I could (basically rear edge of fender vent is even with the rear edge of front quarterpanel). I think they're extremely sharp.
Do you still have the factory ones?

Verdenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Explorer, Escape
Occupation
Underwear model
My 22 lariat was delivered in December with the temp badges.

The OEM delayed install lariat badges should be delivered soon. Let me know if anybody with chrome would like to trade. I believe the lariat version is black.

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
Do you still have the factory ones?
No, I tossed them. It is EXTREMELY difficult to find ANYONE who wants parts off of these vehicles. I have my old hood sitting beside my house because I assume that SOMEONE will give me SOMETHING for it. At this rate, it's going to the scrap yard for the melt value of the aluminum. The place that painted and installed my Cervini's hood does auto body repair and weren't even interested in making an offer.....I assume that they repair late model F150s, but still no dice.

I would be down for a swap meet function on this forum, as a ton of us mod out trucks and produce take-off parts that are new/gently used. I'd have been thrilled to mail the fender vents for the cost of shipping had I known that anyone would've wanted them.