Sponsored

Feedback on Toyo Open Country A/T lll, Goodyear Duratrac, and ProComp A/T Sport tires?

elk275

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum FX4 W/BAP
I have a 22 Platinum w/BAP ordered. I'm sure the factory tires will be the first thing I change. Thoughts on Toyo Open Country A/T lll, Goodyear Duratrac, and ProComp A/T Sport?
Sponsored

JPNewIn22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager
Out of those three I have only run the Toyo ATIII. They are great tires. I put them on my daughters Jeep as well and after nearly a year they look brand new. When I was shopping for tires a while back the tire guy said the Duratrac was a little louder than other A/T tires so I steered away from them. I don’t really know anything about the ProComp. I’ve seen them before just no feedback. If your considering these you might also price the Nitto Terra Grappler. I’ve run those as well and was very happy with them. When my MY22 comes in I am going to try the Nitton Recon Grappler which is a little more aggressive looking but still a good street tire. Last, I have also run the Nitto Ridge Grappler and they look awesome but if you are driving mostly on pavement, they don’t hold wet roads very well once they start to wear. Just my experience down here in Florida.

OP
OP
elk275

elk275

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Out of those three I have only run the Toyo ATIII. They are great tires. I put them on my daughters Jeep as well and after nearly a year they look brand new. When I was shopping for tires a while back the tire guy said the Duratrac was a little louder than other A/T tires so I steered away from them. I don’t really know anything about the ProComp. I’ve seen them before just no feedback. If your considering these you might also price the Nitto Terra Grappler. I’ve run those as well and was very happy with them. When my MY22 comes in I am going to try the Nitton Recon Grappler which is a little more aggressive looking but still a good street tire. Last, I have also run the Nitto Ridge Grappler and they look awesome but if you are driving mostly on pavement, they don’t hold wet roads very well once they start to wear. Just my experience down here in Florida.
Thanks for the info. I will look at the Nitto. I've had the Duratrac in the past, nice tire, not noisy at first but once wearing they got a little loud. The ProComps are about 15# heavier than the other tires so would probably lose a couple MPGs

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
Not familiar with the ProComps but have had Duratracs in the past and running the Toyo ATIII now on my Powerboost. Super happy with the Toyos - much more than the Duratrac. In addition the snow performance of the A/T III is great - light years ahead of the Duratrac.

OP
OP
elk275

elk275

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not familiar with the ProComps but have had Duratracs in the past and running the Toyo ATIII now on my Powerboost. Super happy with the Toyos - much more than the Duratrac. In addition the snow performance of the A/T III is great - light years ahead of the Duratrac.
Thanks for the review. How are the Toyo on wet pavement? Tirerack review said not good ?‍♂

Sponsored

OP
OP
elk275

elk275

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Watching and reading reviews on the Mickey Thompson Boss Baja AT. Thats another one that has my interest. I will probably eliminate the Duratracs from my list.

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
Thanks for the review. How are the Toyo on wet pavement? Tirerack review said not good ?‍♂
Haven't driven them much in the wet to have solid feedback unfortunately. The Duratracs were pretty sketchy in the wet though. I can't imagine the Toyo would be worse and I'm expecting (hoping?) it to be better.

Still quite a few months to go here before I'll get a chance to test out wet conditions though. ;)

As a side note, I have yet to find the magic LT tire that does all things in all conditions. It's always been a matter of deciding which limitations I could live with to get the performance benefits that were most important to me.

OP
OP
elk275

elk275

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Haven't driven them much in the wet to have solid feedback unfortunately. The Duratracs were pretty sketchy in the wet though. I can't imagine the Toyo would be worse and I'm expecting (hoping?) it to be better.

Still quite a few months to go here before I'll get a chance to test out wet conditions though. ;)

As a side note, I have yet to find the magic LT tire that does all things in all conditions. It's always been a matter of deciding which limitations I could live with to get the performance benefits that were most important to me.
I probably won't see my truck till July from what my dealer is telling me so I have time. I am also liking the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT. Got good reviews along with the Toyo.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
The Toyos look interesting. Just curious why BFG KO2 aren‘t on your short list? I’ve had good luck with them in the past but considering all my options.

OP
OP
elk275

elk275

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Toyos look interesting. Just curious why BFG KO2 aren‘t on your short list? I’ve had good luck with them in the past but considering all my options.
I had the KO on a previous truck and wasn't impressed so haven't looked at the KO2s. The Toyo and MT Baja Boss have peaked my interest. The Nitto Recon are intriguing, but not snow rated. I also like that Toyo are USA made

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
elk275

elk275

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT are my front runners right now. The reviews have been great and made in the USA

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I can second the “doesn’t hold wet road we’ll after some wear” for the ridge grapplers. I find myself going to 4A even in light rain to keep traction.

ocwill1

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost 502A, 2021 Lexus RX350(wifey)
Occupation
Computer System Engineer
I have the Pro Comps (295/60/20) right now and think they are great. No issues in wet weather, either in 2wd or 4A.. Have not driven in snow yet, but from the looks of them, they should be fine. Hoping we get some this weekend so I can go out and play, did not get a chance the last snow since I was snowblowing that day...

Ford F-150 Feedback on Toyo Open Country A/T lll, Goodyear Duratrac, and ProComp A/T Sport tires? PXL_20211203_190834591 (1)

OP
OP
elk275

elk275

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have the Pro Comps (295/60/20) right now and think they are great. No issues in wet weather, either in 2wd or 4A.. Have not driven in snow yet, but from the looks of them, they should be fine. Hoping we get some this weekend so I can go out and play, did not get a chance the last snow since I was snowblowing that day...

PXL_20211203_190834591 (1).jpg
How is the highway noise? Did you add a level kit for the 295s or stay stock? Going with the bigger, heavier tires how much did it affect your fuel milage? Sorry for all the questions, but I like the Pro Comps and want to gather as much information from someone that actually has them. Thanks

ocwill1

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost 502A, 2021 Lexus RX350(wifey)
Occupation
Computer System Engineer
2" level (rough country puck), no noticeable highway noise. MPG probably dropped 1-2, but was not overly concerned about that....
Sponsored