Sponsored

FDRS Upcoming Updates Information

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
Any new information of additional updates coming down as far as February 9th and later?

I know there is supposed to be one coming this month or next for the TRM DTC and the APIM "Fix" for OTA updates.

Any new updates for another power-up beyond OTA v2.3?
Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
Any new information of additional updates coming down as far as February 9th and later?

I know there is supposed to be one coming this month or next for the TRM DTC and the APIM "Fix" for OTA updates.

Any new updates for another power-up beyond OTA v2.3?
I just received 2.4.1 OTA

Ford F-150 FDRS Upcoming Updates Information 3568FDED-D934-43D8-BF6F-0BE31F74E2BA

OP
OP
TJSparky

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
Nice! I guess I need to check if there is an update available in FDRS.

Can you grab a screen shot of what version your sync is at now and the revision?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Nice! I guess I need to check if there is an update available in FDRS.

Can you grab a screen shot of what version your sync is at now and the revision?
There should be something. I used FDRS to update a bunch of modules three weeks ago. One of the updates was the APIM update that was part of OTA 2.3.0. Two days after I did my first round of updates, I went back into FDRS before my license expired to see if anything new came down. There was a second APIM update. This one was very small—it only took a few seconds to install and no flash drive was needed. Since that second update, I have had the ability to schedule OTA updates on more than one day. It also added to the update page an “Update Now” button that has been grayed out since I did the last round of updates—presumably because nothing new OTA has been made available for my truck. Now that I see the description for OTA 2.4.1, I’m pretty sure it is the second APIM update I applied via FDRS three weeks ago.

If your license is still valid, it might be worth another network scan in FDRS. If not, you’ll probably get OTA 2.4.1 shortly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
How can you tell its part of the ota update? I can't find any numbering in the fdrs that indicates firmware.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
How can you tell its part of the ota update? I can't find any numbering in the fdrs that indicates firmware.
Educated guess. If you read in FordPass the description posted above of the new functions that came with the delivery of 2.4.1 (multi-day scheduling, on-demand update when OTAs become available), they are the same functions I saw show up on the software update page after my second APIM update.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Educated guess. If you read in FordPass the description posted above of the new functions that came with the delivery of 2.4.1 (multi-day scheduling, on-demand update when OTAs become available), they are the same functions I saw show up on the software update page after my second APIM update.
I believe I have to multi day scheduling. So you're saying you believe it to only have been since 2.4.1?
I still haven't received any ota since the apim replacement. I've done them all Tuesday via fdrs but I"d really love to know the 'mothership' will ping my truck and make an effort. I'll never know if there is an ota update at this point. Even though it seems that I have all the updates, Fordpass still shows the failed 1.7,.1 failure last Nov. Not attempts since.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I believe I have to multi day scheduling. So you're saying you believe it to only have been since 2.4.1?
I still haven't received any ota since the apim replacement. I've done them all Tuesday via fdrs but I"d really love to know the 'mothership' will ping my truck and make an effort. I'll never know if there is an ota update at this point. Even though it seems that I have all the updates, Fordpass still shows the failed 1.7,.1 failure last Nov. Not attempts since.
I’m not quite sure what you’re asking. I believe 2.4.1 pushed out multi-day scheduling OTA. I believe you could have gotten the same functionality earlier in FDRS with an APIM update that seems to have provided the same functionality. In your case, since you updated your modules so recently, I suspect you did not get an OTA update. The new feature came from FDRS.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I’m not quite sure what you’re asking. I believe 2.4.1 pushed out multi-day scheduling OTA. I believe you could have gotten the same functionality earlier in FDRS with an APIM update that seems to have provided the same functionality. In your case, since you updated your modules so recently, I suspect you did not get an OTA update. The new feature came from FDRS.
Sorry for the confusion. Yes..
Just checked something in fdrs. (Today is last day. Want to make sure everything is right before it expires). Is what is circled right? Shouldn't it be sim to others with full p/ns?
Ford F-150 FDRS Upcoming Updates Information screenshot1

Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I'm going to re-up my FDRS once the 1.7.1 stuck fix is pushed out. Not sure how that will all work out but I got hope. Glad you guys are still getting new updates though.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Sorry for the confusion. Yes..
Just checked something in fdrs. (Today is last day. Want to make sure everything is right before it expires). Is what is circled right? Shouldn't it be sim to others with full p/ns?
screenshot1.jpg
That does look odd. Might be a question for Jesse. But since I'm here, I'll venture a guess. After you updated the APIM with your flash drive, did you remain connected to FDRS? Specifically, did you take the flash drive out of the truck's USB after the update and then put it back in your laptop for the post-install validation and data upload? If you didn't, my guess is that FDRS knows you did an install but your truck hasn't phoned into the mothership yet to report what software it has. But this is just a guess.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
That does look odd. Might be a question for Jesse. But since I'm here, I'll venture a guess. After you updated the APIM with your flash drive, did you remain connected to FDRS? Specifically, did you take the flash drive out of the truck's USB after the update and then put it back in your laptop for the post-install validation and data upload? If you didn't, my guess is that FDRS knows you did an install but your truck hasn't phoned into the mothership yet to report what software it has. But this is just a guess.
When I did the usb for it the other day, it ran and said it was already updated. No update needed or something like that. So just removed the drive.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
When I did the usb for it the other day, it ran and said it was already updated. No update needed or something like that. So just removed the drive.
The full FDRS procedure for the APIM—start to finish—includes a post-install validation. FDRS will walk you through the full procedure step-by-step if you remain connected to FDRS the entire time, even during the time the truck is updating via the flash drive, and follow every prompt. The critical prompts as far as the post-validation procedure goes comes from the laptop, not the truck. So, my guess is the same. The Ford servers haven’t received an update from your truck reporting the new software.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The full FDRS procedure for the APIM—start to finish—includes a post-install validation. FDRS will walk you through the full procedure step-by-step if you remain connected to FDRS the entire time, even during the time the truck is updating via the flash drive, and follow every prompt. The critical prompts as far as the post-validation procedure goes comes from the laptop, not the truck. So, my guess is the same. The Ford servers haven’t received an update from your truck reporting the new software.
OK< I'll try create another flashdrive and do it again. Guessing I just have to rerun the fdrs and apim update?
Sponsored