First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L XLT
Occupation
Marketing
After some discussions with others and perusing this thread, I bit the bullet and bought one of the Fas-Top travel package through Radco. Now that it's installed, I like it a lot more than I did in photos. It gives a very "off-road" sporty appearance, but I mostly bought it for functionality to provide shade/cover for dog kennels in back.

Some impressions:

1) The kit sent out had brackets that were a bit to wide for rails. It still cinched down, but didn't give me confidence it would stay on. I contacted Fas-Top directly and by this morning the GM was texting me to send me a new set of brackets - GREAT customer service.
2) The install could have a little better instructions, specifically on where to put the pivots for the topper.
3) A second set of hands goes a long way in the initial install, but it's manageable.
4) the soft topper is great. very similar to gator or truxedo in quality. it does have a higher profile than most, but I'm willing to give that for the topper.
5) The topper quality is solid and easy to deploy/take down. It took me all of 60 seconds to completely break it down and stow it in the bed. Imagine it would take 2-3 min to expand it back out again, just to get velcro tight

Overall pretty happy with the purchase. Will give the topper section a road test when new brackets come in - don't want to risk it flying off now...

Ford F-150 Fas-Top Installed Yesterday tempImageDiEzdH

Ford F-150 Fas-Top Installed Yesterday tempImage3IrC0f

Ford F-150 Fas-Top Installed Yesterday tempImagezs6iC9

Ford F-150 Fas-Top Installed Yesterday tempImagedUnVo5

Ford F-150 Fas-Top Installed Yesterday tempImage4XvY9E
Sponsored

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
Sorry to dig this up from the dead but are you still liking this system? I’m thinking seriously of picking one up for elk season to setup a truck bed for mobility sake but I probably wouldn’t use it all year round so the option of switching back and forth is very appealing

OP
OP

charmincarman

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Sorry to dig this up from the dead but are you still liking this system? I’m thinking seriously of picking one up for elk season to setup a truck bed for mobility sake but I probably wouldn’t use it all year round so the option of switching back and forth is very appealing
Multiple months in with it and I love it. It’s a breeze to fold down and run it like a normal tonneau or roll it up for a full bed. I leave mine stored in the bed but it would take two seconds to pull it out snd hang it in the garage.

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
this is the one I plan on getting too. I like that the rails sit ON TOP of the bed rails, and you don't lose any bed width, and the tonneau rolls up so i can get bikes in the bed.
the instant pop up topper is great too. I think its a goldilocks, best of both worlds tonneau.

OP
OP

charmincarman

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L XLT
Occupation
Marketing
this is the one I plan on getting too. I like that the rails sit ON TOP of the bed rails, and you don't lose any bed width, and the tonneau rolls up so i can get bikes in the bed.
the instant pop up topper is great too. I think its a goldilocks, best of both worlds tonneau.
I can happily say however many months in to this I am that it was a fantastic purchase. I us every setup and it’s so easy to switch

Sponsored

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
I can happily say however many months in to this I am that it was a fantastic purchase. I us every setup and it’s so easy to switch
about how much was it total ? the dealer near me doesnt have them in yet.

OP
OP

charmincarman

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L XLT
Occupation
Marketing
about how much was it total ? the dealer near me doesnt have them in yet.
I purchased through radco. Took me all of 30 min to install bc they sent me the one with the wrong brackets. They are slightly different for the 2021 models. Fastop had new brackets overnighted to me. Lifetime supporter now lol.

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
I purchased through radco. Took me all of 30 min to install bc they sent me the one with the wrong brackets. They are slightly different for the 2021 models. Fastop had new brackets overnighted to me. Lifetime supporter now lol.
Thanks, excellent to hear! there's a Mid-west Truck Accessories place near me that mainly does tops and tonneaus. they're getting their FAS-TOP display sample in this week. I'll go up and check it out in person, but I love what I see so far!
I'm curious to know how it holds up to the Montana winter out there.

OP
OP

charmincarman

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Thanks, excellent to hear! there's a Mid-west Truck Accessories place near me that mainly does tops and tonneaus. they're getting their FAS-TOP display sample in this week. I'll go up and check it out in person, but I love what I see so far!
I'm curious to know how it holds up to the Montana winter out there.
I’ll know in a few months. Just started elk season and being able to go up and down is CLUTCH

Twg1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 F150 Screw, 2019 Camaro ZLE
Occupation
Engineer
Anybody with a Fas-Top travel package (tonneau + soft topper) have any intel on whether they are compatible with the auto-lift tailgate (either configuration).

Very close to pulling the trigger, but slightly concerned it won’t auto-close (particularly in Tonneau mode)

Sponsored

OP
OP

charmincarman

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Anybody with a Fas-Top travel package (tonneau + soft topper) have any intel on whether they are compatible with the auto-lift tailgate (either configuration).

Very close to pulling the trigger, but slightly concerned it won’t auto-close (particularly in Tonneau mode)
It likely won’t work in either mode. It’s designed with a flap that presses down over the tail gate and I manually have to lift it up on the topper mode when shutting the tailgate. On tonneau mode, I have to close tailgate first, then shut the tonneau.

its a semi annoying nuance of the tonneau that I have to “open” it to close the tailgate.

Derkluge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 502A Atlas Blue (on order)
I’ll know in a few months. Just started elk season and being able to go up and down is CLUTCH
Reviving an old thread...

Does anyone have any updated feedback on living with the Fas-Top travel package, in particular with a power tailgate? I'm thinking hard about pulling the trigger on one. Want to use the tonneau 90+% of the time, but have the ability to throw up the topper if I need a taller, covered space. (I'll be trading in a Honda Odyssey and want to keep some of the "van like" functionality.)

I will have a power tailgate (when my truck is finally delivered), and it sounds like manually opening the tonneau before using the power tailgate could be pretty annoying (but may be a trade-off I can live with).

In case anyone is interested, here's a thorough review.
https://manmakesfire.com/fas-top-travel-package-review-soft-topper-tonneau-cover/

OP
OP

charmincarman

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Reviving an old thread...

Does anyone have any updated feedback on living with the Fas-Top travel package, in particular with a power tailgate? I'm thinking hard about pulling the trigger on one. Want to use the tonneau 90+% of the time, but have the ability to throw up the topper if I need a taller, covered space. (I'll be trading in a Honda Odyssey and want to keep some of the "van like" functionality.)

I will have a power tailgate (when my truck is finally delivered), and it sounds like manually opening the tonneau before using the power tailgate could be pretty annoying (but may be a trade-off I can live with).

In case anyone is interested, here's a thorough review.
https://manmakesfire.com/fas-top-travel-package-review-soft-topper-tonneau-cover/

You would definitely need to manually put the tonneau up with a power gate. I have to each time with a manual gate. Still loving the unit though. Holding up very well!
Sponsored