Sponsored

Farewell For Now! Thanks for all the information and help!

jp1170

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 501A
Occupation
Sr. Systems Engineer
Just wanted to give a thanks to all for the great information and details provided on this forum. After consideration i decided to trade off my 22 Ford F150 Lariat for 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT. Between drivetrain vibrations/shudder, transfer case knock, sync system locking up, and a number of other things i figured it was time to part ways with my Ford for a little while. I may be back in the future but for now i'm please with my decision. Not trying to knock Ford i just think they are having issues with quality and reliability in the gen 14 trucks and i was tired of always having something that i needed to have checked out at the dealer. I just want to get into a truck and drive it and everything work. I know Ford has publicly stated they know they have issues and are working through them and i hope they do because the styling and drive of the F150 is unmatched but i feel like quality and reliability have taken a back seat to production number goals. Once again thank you to all and God Bless!
Sponsored

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
Just wanted to give a thanks to all for the great information and details provided on this forum. After consideration i decided to trade off my 22 Ford F150 Lariat for 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT. Between drivetrain vibrations/shudder, transfer case knock, sync system locking up, and a number of other things i figured it was time to part ways with my Ford for a little while. I may be back in the future but for now i'm please with my decision. Not trying to knock Ford i just think they are having issues with quality and reliability in the gen 14 trucks and i was tired of always having something that i needed to have checked out at the dealer. I just want to get into a truck and drive it and everything work. I know Ford has publicly stated they know they have issues and are working through them and i hope they do because the styling and drive of the F150 is unmatched but i feel like quality and reliability have taken a back seat to production number goals. Once again thank you to all and God Bless!
Sadly, I’m not far behind you. I’ve wanted an F150 for years and was thrilled to be able to build mine exactly as I wanted. It’s handsome, comfortable, capable… the PB is definitely the most innovative truck at the moment.

I’m hoping that Ford is willing to do something about the pulsating / vibrating gas pedal. It totally ruins the experience. I can overlook all the other issues if they’d just address this one.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
PS: heard back from corporate and they won’t help until dealer can reproduce it to their liking. Looks like I’m going to be shopping the competition next week. I have a busy summer coming up and I’m not going to spend it being gaslit at the dealer. I’ve politely engaged everyone up to this point but I’ve reached my limit.

My response and farewell to corporate:

Ford F-150 Farewell For Now! Thanks for all the information and help! IMG_0216

Last edited:

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Best of luck fellas! Don't blame ya. If it's frustrating, not worth driving

Sponsored

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
Good luck, because I'm getting a little concerned about my new build. Please, let us know how you feel about your new truck.

OP
OP

jp1170

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Systems Engineer
Good luck, because I'm getting a little concerned about my new build. Please, let us know how you feel about your new truck.
So far so good…the 5.3 in the GMC doesn’t have the power that the 3.5 had but the motor and transmission compliment each other well and is very smooth. Ended up getting a SLT crew cab short box with x31 off road package and the slt premium plus. Has pretty much everything that my Ford had except for sunroof and was about 5,000 cheaper than a 2023 ford optioned the way my 2022 was. I will say there are certain items with the layout that I like better about the ford digital instrument cluster but it’s nothing major. I like how the ford has the digital speed readout in the center of the speedometer where the GMC is in the center at the top. The GMC interior as a whole feels better to me and seems to be assembled well. Only time will tell if it will start to squeak and rattle.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Good luck! So far so good with mine.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Good luck and as others have said "don't be a stranger". Would love to hear your thoughts on your new truck!

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
Spoken like a gentleman.

Ford F-150 Farewell For Now! Thanks for all the information and help! IMG_6576

Sponsored

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
So far so good…the 5.3 in the GMC doesn’t have the power that the 3.5 had but the motor and transmission compliment each other well and is very smooth. Ended up getting a SLT crew cab short box with x31 off road package and the slt premium plus. Has pretty much everything that my Ford had except for sunroof and was about 5,000 cheaper than a 2023 ford optioned the way my 2022 was. I will say there are certain items with the layout that I like better about the ford digital instrument cluster but it’s nothing major. I like how the ford has the digital speed readout in the center of the speedometer where the GMC is in the center at the top. The GMC interior as a whole feels better to me and seems to be assembled well. Only time will tell if it will start to squeak and rattle.
Well enjoy, and may you have better luck.

OP
OP

jp1170

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Systems Engineer
PS: heard back from corporate and they won’t help until dealer can reproduce it to their liking. Looks like I’m going to be shopping the competition next week. I have a busy summer coming up and I’m not going to spend it being gaslit at the dealer. I’ve politely engaged everyone up to this point but I’ve reached my limit.

My response and farewell to corporate:

IMG_0216.jpeg
Atleast around where I’m in in western KY truck prices are still good. I paid a little over $58,000 for my 2022 Lariat…kept it 15 month and put 41,000 miles on it and got $53,000 for on trade toward the GMC. I actually gained a little positive equity in it which I was happy to see. It helped put me in an even better position with the GMC as I have to trade every couple of years due to a work vehicle plan. So maintaining or building equity over the period of ownership in a truck is a big deal to me. I wish you the best in your search for something else. I was really close to buying another Ram but the resale value pushed me toward the GMC.
Here is the new ride!
Ford F-150 Farewell For Now! Thanks for all the information and help! IMG_6910

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Atleast around where I’m in in western KY truck prices are still good. I paid a little over $58,000 for my 2022 Lariat…kept it 15 month and put 41,000 miles on it and got $53,000 for on trade toward the GMC. I actually gained a little positive equity in it which I was happy to see. It helped put me in an even better position with the GMC as I have to trade every couple of years due to a work vehicle plan. So maintaining or building equity over the period of ownership in a truck is a big deal to me. I wish you the best in your search for something else. I was really close to buying another Ram but the resale value pushed me toward the GMC.
Here is the new ride!
IMG_6910.jpeg
41,000 miles in 15 months? Didn't sound like the truck was at the dealer too much.

OP
OP

jp1170

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Systems Engineer
41,000 miles in 15 months? Didn't sound like the truck was at the dealer too much.
The issues I was having weren’t keeping me from driving it but almost every time I took it in for routine service there was some other issue that I was having that I had to have looked at. Some things were fixed and some things Ford had no resolution for. I drive on average 2,500 to 3,000 miles a month so it doesn’t take long to rack up the miles. That’s why I got rid of it…I spend a lot of time in my truck and it sucks when things aren’t right.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
@Ford Motor Company
For what its worth I am seeing more and more GMCs in the Inland Northwest than I have ever seen before. (Spokane WA and Coeur d'Alene ID). I have two clients, one constuction company and one landscaping company that are buying nothing but GMCs.
Even my friend Jim traded his Ford for a GM 2500. I give him crap about it being a G**Mans Chevy, but he seems happy. @Ford Motor Company better do something and do something fast.....
Sponsored