False Alarm Going Off

Shotofpadron

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Is anyone else experiencing their alarm going off with false activations? I’m fully updated through FDRS and it will go off a few times a week if I don’t manually disable the motion sensors when exiting the vehicle.

It’s a 21 powerboost if that matters. If anyone has any recommendations me (and my neighbors) would be grateful!
Sponsored

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Is anyone else experiencing their alarm going off with false activations? I’m fully updated through FDRS and it will go off a few times a week if I don’t manually disable the motion sensors when exiting the vehicle.

It’s a 21 powerboost if that matters. If anyone has any recommendations me (and my neighbors) would be grateful!
had same problem with my 2019-though mine always said hood was what triggered my alarm.. Fairly common issue. I also got hood ajar notice while driving. The fix was replacing the hood lock mechanism.

OP
OP

Shotofpadron

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My software is already up to date. I was hoping this would solve my issue, but it didn't help.

Labs4Lightning, I haven't received any hood open alerts although I'll try opening and shutting to see if it changes anything.

My dealership hasn't been able to diagnose and it's frustrating turning motion sensors off every time I get in so I was hoping someone else encountered this issue post TSB and had a solution.

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
Your BCM is up to date and the alarm trigger notification on FordPass says it detected motion ?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shotofpadron

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
BCM is up to date. The alert I got was vehicle intrusion. Happens whether it’s parked outside or in a garage 2-3 times a week

Ford F-150 False Alarm Going Off C7C30058-2AAA-4F71-8043-CDBE1E628A91

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
This may sound crazy but..... The front range of Colorado has a major moth migration every spring. A couple years back the alarm on my 2015 went off 3 times in one night. The first two times I used the fob to shut it off. Last time I went to the truck and opened the door, as I did a moth flew out. Never had the problem again. The motion detectors are very sensitive.

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
BCM is up to date. The alert I got was vehicle intrusion. Happens whether it’s parked outside or in a garage 2-3 times a week

C7C30058-2AAA-4F71-8043-CDBE1E628A91.png
Yes, your issue is different. I received “hood open triggered alarm” or something like that..

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
If the update didn't fix my issue my next step was to cover the interior motion sensor vs. having to turn it off after every drive.

OP
OP

Shotofpadron

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If the update didn't fix my issue my next step was to cover the interior motion sensor vs. having to turn it off after every drive.
Didn’t even think about this. Doing it right now, thanks man!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Sponsored