Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Truck from KCM to here are coming on trucks, near as I can tell..
I know Dearborn bred trucks go to Houston via rail and are distributed from there, but all the vehicles from KCM destined to my dealer say convoy in the shipping box
It’s likely my truck will eventually be made at the Dearborn plant from what I’ve gathered on the site. From Houston, do you know if the trucks will be delivered to the dealers by semi truck?
Sponsored

Stumpy300

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape
Occupation
Tech
I check in cars for a dealership here in omaha and checked this morning to if anything was released and one f150 built yesterday in kc has been released for shipping.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
It’s likely my truck will eventually be made at the Dearborn plant from what I’ve gathered on the site. From Houston, do you know if the trucks will be delivered to the dealers by semi truck?
From Houston to me is only about 220 miles, Not sure how far east/west/north they will be trucking them.
There is most likely a terminal in Dallas as well.
There is probably a terminal closer to you--Tampa? Orlando?
A location like this would service Fl., Ga, Al., very nicely.
Flying in and out of Philly I think I noticed a rail terminal full of new cars as well.
Houston probably services South Tx., South La. And South Miss.

Just guessing here--My dealer did tell me that his
Dearborn built trucks came on rail and went to Houston first

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Truck from KCM to here are coming on trucks, near as I can tell..
I know Dearborn bred trucks go to Houston via rail and are distributed from there, but all the vehicles from KCM destined to my dealer say convoy in the shipping box
Well that will surely speed things up.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
The Georgia Ford railyard is across 85 from Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. Ford's Taurus Plant used to sit on the SE edge of the Airport (now Porsche NAHQ). I don't know how far and wide the transfer trucks roll out from that location, but it is big place.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
The Georgia Ford railyard is across 85 from Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. Ford's Taurus Plant used to sit on the SE edge of the Airport (now Porsche NAHQ). I don't know how far and wide the transfer trucks roll out from that location, but it is big place.
My dealers trucks use to ship from there till a few years back they build a rail terminal in Birmingham, not they come from there.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Funny useless fact, we drove past Porsche NAHQ several times last December on our way to and from the first Dwarf House / Chick Fil A. Thought it was a novel concept, and saw a copy of the special blue menu that still has prices from way back when. That is all, I now return you to our regularly scheduled program of waiting impatiently for our new trucks...

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
From Houston to me is only about 220 miles, Not sure how far east/west/north they will be trucking them.
There is most likely a terminal in Dallas as well.
There is probably a terminal closer to you--Tampa? Orlando?
A location like this would service Fl., Ga, Al., very nicely.
Flying in and out of Philly I think I noticed a rail terminal full of new cars as well.
Houston probably services South Tx., South La. And South Miss.

Just guessing here--My dealer did tell me that his
Dearborn built trucks came on rail and went to Houston first
I see, I thought Houston might have been a southern hub or something. If not, it’s likely Tallahassee, Jacksonville, or Orlando will probably be the big railroad stops for autos in Florida.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good to know. I’d say a safe bet is my truck will come through Atlanta then if it’s shipped by rail. Looking forward to the time when I can play scavenger hunt as it get shipped from Missouri/Michigan!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles