First Name
Yolanda Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang
Occupation
worker
After researching if wheel spacers were dangerous or not, I found out they are not. Due to some reasons why people find them dangerous was because of the following: Cheap spacers, lack in torquing the studded spacers, no center core, not putting extended studs.

People say that your wheel bearings will get damaged with spacers, that is true, same goes for people who are running aggressive wheel setups on their cars WITHOUT spacers. Our cars came with weak offsets for a reason, same goes with the mugen GPS or even HFP rims for our wheel bearings are designed for that kind of OEM rims.

Also putting wheel spacers on will be your last resort IF you can't find the right specs in rims you wanted (the one want that'll be aggressive) and want your wheels to look aggressive but do not have the extra money to sell your current rims.

and the other reason why ppl put them on is to clear out the inner wheel from hitting the struts (if running modified suspension) and also to clear brakes. (evos put them on the clear out their brembos)

such as this
Ford F-150 Factory Wheels with Aftermarket Tire Thread ht-Plus-Wheel-Spacers-for-Audi-RS5-15mm-2-1200x675

or this
Ford F-150 Factory Wheels with Aftermarket Tire Thread -for-Tesla-Model-3-Long-Range-15mm-20mm-4-1200x676

Just!!! use!!! them!!! carefully!!!
and you will be safe!!!
Sponsored

bcaseyk

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4
My local Rim/ Tire shop thinks the chances of a 295 70/18 not rubbing are slim. He hasn't seen a new body style ford in the shop yet, but offered to bring a set of tires in and try one on my rim for me. If they fit I'll take them. also mentioned there might be a bit of bulge on the side wall with the factory rims i want to use. looks like there a 18 x 8.5 and +44 mm offset ..The truck gets a 2" lift next week then off to the tire shop. .. Any insight would be Appreciated!
How’d this end up working out for you?

RCR001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I have decided to leave the truck alone for now, Enjoying the ride quality of the stock height. And tires are better then expected in the shitty winter were having here in Ontario Canada. At some point I'm sure I'll pull the trigger and spend a bunch of money on it I don't have too, and screw up this descent Mileage and smooth ride. Tows my cargo trailer perfect as is, but always Looking!:censored:

OP
OP
rathbunr5

rathbunr5

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 STX//2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Sales Manager at Torrington Ford
BUMPPPP

I want to see more factory wheels with aggressive tires!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Hartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Being this truck is brand new with many owners still waiting on delivery, I too am anxiously awaiting confirmation and photos of new tires on the factory 20" wheels without a leveling kit. There are conflicting reports of what the maximum size is without issues. Looking to get K02s and have talked to few retailers in my area who have all said size "X" should fit no problem, given that once purchased and mounted, all sales are final. 285/60/20 seems to be a safe size, but I was hoping to try 295/60/20 or 285/65/20.

Sponsored

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I am putting on 275/60R20 KO2’s on my black sport wheels. I would like to go wider and taller, but I’d like to haul my boat a bit through the hills to see how much play I have. Also with kids I want to see how they do with the factory height of the truck before I go with a level or lift. This is my first pickup, so I’m dipping my toes into the water before going full 6” lift with 37’s.

OP
OP
rathbunr5

rathbunr5

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 STX//2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Sales Manager at Torrington Ford
Being this truck is brand new with many owners still waiting on delivery, I too am anxiously awaiting confirmation and photos of new tires on the factory 20" wheels without a leveling kit. There are conflicting reports of what the maximum size is without issues. Looking to get K02s and have talked to few retailers in my area who have all said size "X" should fit no problem, given that once purchased and mounted, all sales are final. 285/60/20 seems to be a safe size, but I was hoping to try 295/60/20 or 285/65/20.
I have seen someone on here with 295/60/20 KO2's on stock suspension and stock wheels without any rubbing issues.

Hartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I have seen someone on here with 295/60/20 KO2's on stock suspension and stock wheels without any rubbing issues.
I remember seeing that a few mins ago, but for the life of me I cant find that thread. It was red, right? maybe a KR?

In any case, I remember thinking it looked great, but I was rather skeptical on the claim of no rubbing. It looked really tight. I'll be doing some light off-roading with my truck and just want to make sure there wont be any issues full lock and with travel. Not to mention the K02s certainly are beefy tires.

Sponsored

Berkfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLRU
After researching if wheel spacers were dangerous or not, I found out they are not. Due to some reasons why people find them dangerous was because of the following: Cheap spacers, lack in torquing the studded spacers, no center core, not putting extended studs.

People say that your wheel bearings will get damaged with spacers, that is true, same goes for people who are running aggressive wheel setups on their cars WITHOUT spacers. Our cars came with weak offsets for a reason, same goes with the mugen GPS or even HFP rims for our wheel bearings are designed for that kind of OEM rims.

Also putting wheel spacers on will be your last resort IF you can't find the right specs in rims you wanted (the one want that'll be aggressive) and want your wheels to look aggressive but do not have the extra money to sell your current rims.

and the other reason why ppl put them on is to clear out the inner wheel from hitting the struts (if running modified suspension) and also to clear brakes. (evos put them on the clear out their brembos)

such as this
ht-Plus-Wheel-Spacers-for-Audi-RS5-15mm-2-1200x675.jpg

or this
-for-Tesla-Model-3-Long-Range-15mm-20mm-4-1200x676.jpg

Just!!! use!!! them!!! carefully!!!
and you will be safe!!!
I agree, I've used spacers for last 8 years on multiple vehicles without any issues. Make sure they are billet aluminum and not cheap import cast part. I rather use good spacer with strong OEM rim than aftermarket rims that bend on first pothole.

Acob720

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
Occupation
Marketing Director
I am going with the F150 Tremor size on my 18”. Seems to make the most sense and I love a nice mellow/functional look.

I have the General ATX on my current 4Runner and LOVE them!!!!!!!

Ford F-150 Factory Wheels with Aftermarket Tire Thread F664650F-EF0E-4A40-A514-CC7660AB44E9

Ford F-150 Factory Wheels with Aftermarket Tire Thread C0AB5284-283A-467B-96E8-38C6B01B3820

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I am wanting to do something with my factory tires... they just are so underwhelming for a $70k platinum.. so heres my question... for an offroad type tire that will perform on city streets/highway driving.. What are my best options? I would prefer not to lose another 2-3 MPG. I feel like ive already lost some with the 2" level. I dont know tires/wheels at all..... so please bare with me.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I am wanting to do something with my factory tires... they just are so underwhelming for a $70k platinum.. so heres my question... for an offroad type tire that will perform on city streets/highway driving.. What are my best options? I would prefer not to lose another 2-3 MPG. I feel like ive already lost some with the 2" level. I dont know tires/wheels at all..... so please bare with me.
Opinions will vary. I am partial to the Yokohama Geolander A/T. I have had them on previous trucks and they have performed very well in all conditions, are quiet, and don't look excessively aggressive. Depending on the price quotes I get, I am considering, based on recommendation, trying the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 on the new truck. They seem to have the same great on-road characteristics as the Geolander. A lot of members on the forum are using Nitto Tires (Ridge Grappler, Terra Grappler, Trail Grappler).

BFG's are popular and I have had good experience with them. I have Michellin LTX tires on my current truck and they are atrocious on anything other than wet/dry pavement.

bouvier

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW GTI, 2011 Flex
Occupation
retired from HP
Has anyone tried 275/70-18s on the factory sport 18" wheels? They have a 33" diameter like the factory 20" wheels/tires. I'm not interested in offroading, just want more sidewall.
Sponsored