First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost Antimatter Blue two-tone
Occupation
Teacher
So I've heard 2" and 2.25 and 2.5 levels for the 2021 F150. what would make the trucks different? Why wouldn't it be one standard size?
I think it is mainly based on preference. Some people still like a little rake.
To be more specific, My PB is much heavier in the rear than a 3.5 or V8, so the rear would sit a little lower naturally, and a 2" level would look level on my PB but not necessarily on an ecoboost.
Sponsored

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Saw the 20" on a truck today (blue). They look good but I'm leaning towards the 18" and for the smoother ride with more sidewall.

The black Lariat was the non-sport wheels 18" with the A/S tires.

44D71F9B-49BC-4ED5-A962-E9F5B00025FD.jpeg

White truck is an F-250 Tremor.
The 18" tires are 1" smaller in diameter, so in reality, the sidewalls are only 1/2" taller than with the 20".

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I think it is mainly based on preference. Some people still like a little rake.
To be more specific, My PB is much heavier in the rear than a 3.5 or V8, so the rear would sit a little lower naturally, and a 2" level would look level on my PB but not necessarily on an ecoboost.
There are other factors including the max tow package and the FX4 package that affect how high the back end is. I have the 3.5 EB, Max Tow, and FX4 and would need at least the 2.5" to level it out. I will also say that some people want to maintain some rack depending on what they use the truck for. If you tow a heavy trailer a lot, you don't want the truck totally level because it will sag badly in the back end when when loaded. I'm not sure I'm going to level my truck all for this reason...it's nice to be able to put 500 lbs or more on the hitch and not have the truck lower in the back end.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
There are other factors including the max tow package and the FX4 package that affect how high the back end is. I have the 3.5 EB, Max Tow, and FX4 and would need at least the 2.5" to level it out. I will also say that some people want to maintain some rack depending on what they use the truck for. If you tow a heavy trailer a lot, you don't want the truck totally level because it will sag badly in the back end when when loaded. I'm not sure I'm going to level my truck all for this reason...it's nice to be able to put 500 lbs or more on the hitch and not have the truck lower in the back end.
I think this is why Ford puts the rake into the design in the first place. Which is why I think that if we plan to tow much, leveling is not such a great idea at all. There’s a method to Ford’s madness. Air suspension solves all, and I’d hoped that Ford would get to it on this iteration, built left that to others.

Sponsored

jwhracer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT FX4
I think this is why Ford puts the rake into the design in the first place. Which is why I think that if we plan to tow much, leveling is not such a great idea at all. There’s a method to Ford’s madness. Air suspension solves all, and I’d hoped that Ford would get to it on this iteration, built left that to others.
This and they do it for fuel economy, a little more aerodynamic with the front end down.

jwhracer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT FX4
285 65 20 falken wildpeak at3. LT. No level yet. No trimming. No cutting. No rub. Tires ride great. Removed the running boards. Still Deciding how I will level it.
E248A6E4-F410-4B85-864C-90BC033493F1.jpeg
09F570CD-41CB-48A0-A218-977E93A63DE1.jpeg
4BDE0DFB-0A37-4996-A144-8AC65F529758.jpeg
634049E7-6AB7-429F-A993-DC037AEC26FC.jpeg
3DFCEF79-F285-4236-A933-B5351761B1CC.jpeg
491FF11F-7F43-4181-B9AB-4598CEBB8019.jpeg

DA3A5FFD-2327-4447-A14B-22B4DE89EEEE.jpeg
Like the side by side pic's with the stock tire and Wildpeaks, I'm planning on doing the same tire with the 2" level.

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Air suspension has issues as well, especially on gravel roads and in cold climates, I prefer to avoid air suspension.

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch (600a) PB FX4
Occupation
Sales Manager
This thread was invaluable to me on confidently moving up to 275/65r20 KO2s on factory KR 20s so I thought I would share pics of Trigger with her new shoes. PB with FX4 definitely plays into the rake or lack thereof - no level (yet) but also no weight in back (bedliner, mat, tonneau) either. No rub, no issues with lane keeping, headlights or other driving aids. All in all - very happy!

Ford F-150 Factory Wheels with Aftermarket Tire Thread IMG_1936 (2)
Ford F-150 Factory Wheels with Aftermarket Tire Thread IMG_1942

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
This thread was invaluable to me on confidently moving up to 275/65r20 KO2s on factory KR 20s so I thought I would share pics of Trigger with her new shoes. PB with FX4 definitely plays into the rake or lack thereof - no level (yet) but also no weight in back (bedliner, mat, tonneau) either. No rub, no issues with lane keeping, headlights or other driving aids. All in all - very happy!

IMG_1936 (2).jpg
IMG_1942.jpg
Looks great! I was going to go with the 285/65s in the same tire. Do you have much clearance at full lock?

I'm also curious what your MPG and highway noise differences are compared to stock.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer

IMG_1936 (2).jpg
IMG_1942.jpg
@Trigger_the_2021F150_KR -

Thanks for sharing these pics! I definitely like the look of these 285/65 R20 KO2's and am happy to hear there's no rubbing - even before the Levelling. I'd love to hear your assessment of road noise from them, as I have heard conflicting opinions. (I already plan to get this exact size KO2's too!).

Also, if you'd driven on them, I'd be interested in your opinion of how these tires compared to the stock 275/60 R20 (Hankook? Spider?) tires. Mostly curious about road noise but any other observations would be greatly appreciated!

As an aside, I really like those KR Wheels. They are far better than those I (only vaguely) recall on the Platinum I'd ordered oh so many months ago ...

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition

Thanks for sharing these pics! I definitely like the look of these 285/65 R20 KO2's and am happy to hear there's no rubbing - even before the Levelling. I'd love to hear your assessment of road noise from them, as I have heard conflicting opinions. (I already plan to get this exact size KO2's too!).

Also, if you'd driven on them, I'd be interested in your opinion of how these tires compared to the stock 275/60 R20 (Hankook? Spider?) tires. Mostly curious about road noise but any other observations would be greatly appreciated!

As an aside, I really like those KR Wheels. They are far better than those I (only vaguely) recall on the Platinum I'd ordered oh so many months ago ...
I can comment on road noise for the 285/65 R20 KO2s. I swapped my stock Hankooks for these. There is very, very minimal road noise for me. You can hear it if you want listen for it, but it is in no way loud, annoying, distracting, etc. My wife and daughter both said they wouldn't have noticed if I didn't point it out.

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
I can comment on road noise for the 285/65 R20 KO2s. I swapped my stock Hankooks for these. There is very, very minimal road noise for me. You can hear it if you want listen for it, but it is in no way loud, annoying, distracting, etc. My wife and daughter both said they wouldn't have noticed if I didn't point it out.
To add to this... I hated them at first. The ride was terrible. Turns out the shop that did the work didn't balance them correctly. Once that was fixed, life was good and the ride was great.

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch (600a) PB FX4
Occupation
Sales Manager

For Madman and GolfR - too early to tell about gas mileage as my driving is still way more aggressive than usual given 435 hp + Hybrid = late onset adolescence.

Remember, mine are 275/65r20, replacing stock Pirelli Scorpions that were 275/60r20 - increases diameter 1.1 inches per TireRack.

Road noise is negligible over the 200 miles I put on the non-E load rated Pirelli Scorpions the KO2's replaced. The ride is slightly rougher due to the E load rating and 10 plys, as is to be expected. Discount Tire aired them 35 psi, per door jam sticker but there is another thread on here (and many others elsewhere) debating where one should air E load rated tires as opposed to what the sticker says (many insisting that 45-55 psi is needed when the max psi is 80). On my 2007 F150 FX4, I put over 50k on the same exact tire at 35 psi without a problem. Trigger rides MUCH BETTER than the 2007, FWIW.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
For Madman and GolfR - too early to tell about gas mileage as my driving is still way more aggressive than usual given 435 hp + Hybrid = late onset adolescence.

Remember, mine are 275/65r20, replacing stock Pirelli Scorpions that were 275/60r20 - increases diameter 1.1 inches per TireRack.

Road noise is negligible over the 200 miles I put on the non-E load rated Pirelli Scorpions the KO2's replaced. The ride is slightly rougher due to the E load rating and 10 plys, as is to be expected. Discount Tire aired them 35 psi, per door jam sticker but there is another thread on here (and many others elsewhere) debating where one should air E load rated tires as opposed to what the sticker says (many insisting that 45-55 psi is needed when the max psi is 80). On my 2007 F150 FX4, I put over 50k on the same exact tire at 35 psi without a problem. Trigger rides MUCH BETTER than the 2007, FWIW.
Thank you for the response, Trigger Dad. ;)

Very helpful. I don't expect to tow much so will take your advice and go with 35 psi.

(I will still covet your KR wheels over my Platinum wheels, though.)
Sponsored