05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
That was certainly sneaky! Haha!

I have been high on the Smoked Quartz as my color choice, based on photos, but I'm not seeing anything special about it based on the video. Not sure it is going to be worth the extra $$$ over some of the other colors.

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
If that’s a REAL production truck... I see something that makes me very happy; rear keyless entry door handles!!! It better be on the Platinum too or I’ll have to do a ton of work to swap.

Pipe

First Name
Jj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Explorer
If that’s a REAL production truck... I see something that makes me very happy; rear keyless entry door handles!!! It better be on the Platinum too or I’ll have to do a ton of work to swap.
I never even thought of this feature, that would be really useful for me. I always open the rear doors first to let my kids in. With my current vehicle I either have to dig in my jacket for the keyfob, or put my hand on the front door handle first to unlock, then open rear.

Looking at various pics of the preproduction models, I see it on some pics of various models including Lariat, but then some pics of KR and Platinum don't show it. Never know with preproduction units though.

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I never even thought of this feature, that would be really useful for me. I always open the rear doors first to let my kids in. With my current vehicle I either have to dig in my jacket for the keyfob, or put my hand on the front door handle first to unlock, then open rear.

Looking at various pics of the preproduction models, I see it on some pics of various models including Lariat, but then some pics of KR and Platinum don't show it. Never know with preproduction units though.
This is a key annoyance for me, same reason. And it makes me mad that Ford will put it on a 35k Edge, but not a 65k plus Expedition, 55k plus Explorer, 70k F150, etc. grrr
Other annoyance for me is the bull **** new rear seat release. I hate the strap on the side. My sausage fingers can’t hardly grab it. The perfect latch mechanism they’ve had for years makes perfect sense and I could do it from the front seat with ease (kids in the back but had it lifted for tools or something). But hey, they didn’t ask me. Haha

Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
And... an interior work surface!

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
It has a sign that says do not touch... I don’t think it’s a production truck.

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It has a sign that says do not touch... I don’t think it’s a production truck.
It also had some decent amount of dirt and buildup inside the wheel wells. So I think it's probably one of the prototypes or something? But yeah... I'm just way overly hopeful of some features :(

And... an interior work surface!
Maybe... Just maybe... The work surface has some limited numbers from their initial orders? HAHAHA Gotta love the major features they're bragging about may not actually be available for a good while. I'm pretty confident that swapping the center armrest will be a matter of a few screws, so maybe they'll offer it at a discounted rate (insert laugh) if they can't start with it?

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
It also had some decent amount of dirt and buildup inside the wheel wells. So I think it's probably one of the prototypes or something? But yeah... I'm just way overly hopeful of some features :(

Maybe... Just maybe... The work surface has some limited numbers from their initial orders? HAHAHA Gotta love the major features they're bragging about may not actually be available for a good while. I'm pretty confident that swapping the center armrest will be a matter of a few screws, so maybe they'll offer it at a discounted rate (insert laugh) if they can't start with it?
If we only knew... I don’t want to wait another minute much less months. I just have no faith that it’s easy and especially cheap...

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My wife's 2016 Acura has keyless door handles on all 4 doors. TWENTY-SIXTEEN! I don't understand why anyone still makes vehicles without them. My Taco has it only on the drivers door...super annoying. When they updated it, Toyota added it to the front passenger only for 2020. Boo!

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
This is very nice to see! I am hoping they have one touch windows for ALL 4 WINDOWS too! My 2003 Jetta had this for crying out loud!

F150Writer

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor
Occupation
Writer
Massaging seats??? That's something I hadn't heard before as it relates to the F-150.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
That was certainly sneaky! Haha!

I have been high on the Smoked Quartz as my color choice, based on photos, but I'm not seeing anything special about it based on the video. Not sure it is going to be worth the extra $$$ over some of the other colors.
Before ordering, wait until you can see a new F150 on the lot with this color before making a decision because Fords optional / extra cost paint colors can’t be appreciated in pictures.

My 2016 F150 Lariat has the optional and extra cost White Platinum paint and it blows Oxford White out of the water.

nwbytom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 King Ranch, 2012 Ford Focus Titanium
My wife's 2016 Acura has keyless door handles on all 4 doors. TWENTY-SIXTEEN! I don't understand why anyone still makes vehicles without them. My Taco has it only on the drivers door...super annoying. When they updated it, Toyota added it to the front passenger only for 2020. Boo!
Got you beat...My wifes 2012 ford focus has this feature. I thought she was full of s**t but turns out, shes right! My 2013 Explorer didnt have it, nor does my 2016 F150 KR . CRAZY! Very useful feature to have though...glad its happening.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Before ordering, wait until you can see a new F150 on the lot with this color before making a decision because Fords optional / extra cost paint colors can’t be appreciated in pictures.

My 2016 F150 Lariat has the optional and extra cost White Platinum paint and it blows Oxford White out of the water.
I am not going to place my order until I nail down a color, which means I need to see them in person. Agate, Rapid, and Kodiak don't appeal to me. On the fence with Carbonized. That leaves Antimatter, Iconic Silver, Star White, and Smoked Quartz. I am 100% in for Unique Black interior and thinking with the Carmelo accents, Star White could be sharp.

I have been in contact with one dealer who is going to alert me when trucks start rolling in. I had another dealer cold-call me last night because they saw I had incentives pending. I told that guy to put me on his call list, too.
Sponsored

Last edited: