Factory short "mudflaps"

Swegner99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2017 Expedition EL
Passing along relevant info for anyone wanting to replace the factory short mudflaps, or air deflectors that are mounted in front of the rear wheels.

If you remove them there is a hole present in the quarter panel.

The trucks with extended running boards have a solution for a trim piece with the air deflector hanging down.

Parts numbers are: ML3Z-99292A22-CA for the right side and ML3Z-99292A23-CA for the left side.

I have some on order for my truck and will post pics on arrival, but they are unavailable as of 3/29, B/O like everything else.
Sponsored

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Passing along relevant info for anyone wanting to replace the factory short mudflaps, or air deflectors that are mounted in front of the rear wheels.

If you remove them there is a hole present in the quarter panel.

The trucks with extended running boards have a solution for a trim piece with the air deflector hanging down.

Parts numbers are: ML3Z-99292A22-CA for the right side and ML3Z-99292A23-CA for the left side.

I have some on order for my truck and will post pics on arrival, but they are unavailable as of 3/29, B/O like everything else.
Thanks for the tip. Any chance yours have come in? I have thought about trimming mine with a knife. Wonder if it makes any difference on the gas mileage.... Too bad about the hole, they are ugly.

OP
OP
Swegner99

Swegner99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2017 Expedition EL
Thanks for the tip. Any chance yours have come in? I have thought about trimming mine with a knife. Wonder if it makes any difference on the gas mileage.... Too bad about the hole, they are ugly.
As of today 5/28 the right side is available but the left side is not yet.

I was hoping with the assembly lines being shut down, parts would become more available. Wishful thinking I guess.

Mtater15t

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I ordered mine through my dealer, left one came from a neighboring and the right side should be in Mon/Tues. Basically don’t count out your dealer being able to locate one and just rely on online ordering. It was “a few cents” more to get it from other dealer.
Sponsored