Factory rake

Sbuf87

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew Cab Lariat
First time poster. Truck is a crew cab lariat fx4 package. I’m currently looking at leveling kits, and noticed that my truck from the factory has a considerable amount of rake. Front measuring 36 3/4”, rear measuring 40 3/4”. Anyone else in the same boat? Which leveling kit did you go with? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
4 inches of rake is a lot. Based on everything i’ve heard from others on the forum i was preparing for around 3 inches of rake with fx4 and max tow. And i am planning on getting an Icon 2.5 suspension which raises the front max of 2.75”. But i guess it still won’t be level if my truck too will come with 4” of rake. Which is ok with me.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
First time poster. Truck is a crew cab lariat fx4 package. I’m currently looking at leveling kits, and noticed that my truck from the factory has a considerable amount of rake. Front measuring 36 3/4”, rear measuring 40 3/4”. Anyone else in the same boat? Which leveling kit did you go with? Thanks in advance.
I haven't done it yet because I've been lazy but my plan was just to drop the rear. I'm going to be a minority here but personally I think lifts/levels look goofy and are impractical. I offroad (no crawling but plenty of high mountain pass mining roads), and have never had an issue with the stock ride height for clearance with FX4, and dropping the rear a few inches would be nice for getting stuff in and out of the rear gate anyway. I'm probably just pulling the rear spacers to start, may add bags later if I end up towing regularly.

Fkn_fafa

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150, 18 Focus, 16 Fusion, 07 Audi A4
I figured i would contribute to this thread for future help.

My truck is a 2wd Max tow 5.0 145"

Front is 35.25"
Rear is 39.5"

I will probably lower mine eventually. I want a 2/4 which "should" leave me at 33F and 35.5R. I might even do just one inch up front. Ass is way too high on this truck.

Sponsored

crvz

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor (order), 2019 M2
I haven't done it yet because I've been lazy but my plan was just to drop the rear. I'm going to be a minority here but personally I think lifts/levels look goofy and are impractical. I offroad (no crawling but plenty of high mountain pass mining roads), and have never had an issue with the stock ride height for clearance with FX4, and dropping the rear a few inches would be nice for getting stuff in and out of the rear gate anyway. I'm probably just pulling the rear spacers to start, may add bags later if I end up towing regularly.
I've been looking into this as well, as a front lift would threaten my ability to get the truck in the garage at the house. Do you have any more details on what it takes to pull the rear spacers? Do you need new u-bolts, or just pull spacer and tighten current hardware? Any expected impact to the ride quality, or issues with the 360 cameras that might need to be adjusted?

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I've been looking into this as well, as a front lift would threaten my ability to get the truck in the garage at the house. Do you have any more details on what it takes to pull the rear spacers? Do you need new u-bolts, or just pull spacer and tighten current hardware? Any expected impact to the ride quality, or issues with the 360 cameras that might need to be adjusted?
I haven’t found anything specifically but based on a walkthrough I found of a previous generation it seems pretty straightforward - loosen the bolts, jack up the rear, pull the spacer, drop it back down and retighten.

I would doubt it impacts cameras since it is basically just the equivalent height of riding fully loaded in the bed.

Here is a video on 2018 - it looks simple enough that there is no harm in trying!

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I pulled the blocks on my fx4, reused same hardware. Dropped the rear 1.75 inches.

ThinblueF-150

First Name
Silas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 stx
Occupation
Sheriff deputy
I pulled the blocks on my fx4, reused same hardware. Dropped the rear 1.75 inches.
Were you able to refuse the factory ubolts

Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Were you able to refuse the factory ubolts
I did and had a few rows of threads to spare. I would have replaced with 2wd ones though, but couldn’t find any at the time.

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Im almost tempted to drop the back end instead of raising the front.
The height of these things is just getting stupid now.
I do like the extra height in front with the lift when Im in deep snow tho...
I never go completely level either....I want a bit of rake for when Im loaded up or pulling the trailer.
Decisions decisions....

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Making lego parts for new vehicles
I got Crown 2" shackles for my regular cab 4X4 FX4. I am now second guessing that since the email I received from Detroit Spring said the 21's have a different dimension springs in the rear.

Cartgreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 302A
Occupation
Commercial Windows
1st time poster here as well. I'm a few months late to this post and assume Sbuf figured something out by now.
I too had a 4"+ factory rake and had my Ford dealership install a 2" front level - no clue what brand.
It came out exactly 2" higher in the front and I love it... My factory tires do appear smaller but still looks way better in my opinion. I could definitely live with it this way if I had to.
I'm getting 275/70r18 tires installed later today! Goal is to maintain acceleration and MPGs.
Before and After pics:

Ford F-150 Factory rake tempImage87dKIJ

Ford F-150 Factory rake tempImage1W5QQL