Sponsored

Factory ordered 2021 (lease) dealer is holding off on signing paperwork

1fitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
As stated in title just factory ordered my first F150 in which the promo expires end of Jan. I received build sheet at first, made few changes then asked for VIN (dealer provided) - after I requested to sign lease agreement or simply to receive purchase breakdown and pricing at this point in time dealer stated purchase to order is nothing until we do 'final' paperwork.

Ford finance approved + put my deposit down.

Has anyone else received this experience by not signing anything until 2-3 months down the road when the truck shows up? I don't want to run into he said/she said scenario.
Sponsored

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
As stated in title just factory ordered my first F150 in which the promo expires end of Jan. I received build sheet at first, made few changes then asked for VIN (dealer provided) - after I requested to sign lease agreement or simply to receive purchase breakdown and pricing at this point in time dealer stated purchase to order is nothing until we do 'final' paperwork.

Ford finance approved + put my deposit down.

Has anyone else received this experience by not signing anything until 2-3 months down the road when the truck shows up? I don't want to run into he said/she said scenario.
Not me. Only placed a 1K deposit. That said...this is the 5th vehicle I have purchased from this dealer

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I just signed and dated the build sheet and paid $1k deposit at the dealership. The signed build sheets were emailed between myself and the dealer for date verification.

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
I also just signed and dated a build sheet but the Sales Manager did not want to take a deposit saying that she didn't want to tie up my money for that long, she did say the truck is mine and if I decided I didn't want it she's sure she could sell it. That said I ordered Jan. 6th and have a build week of 2/15

OP
OP
1fitty

1fitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Not me. Only placed a 1K deposit. That said...this is the 5th vehicle I have purchased from this dealer
My first time buying from this dealer, as stated I just don't want to run into 'this wasn't promised' scenario (especially on pricing side)

Asking for purchase breakdown shouldn't be this difficult. :cautious:

Sponsored

Waxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 4x4, Star White
My dealer gave me an out the door price and built details when I ordered back in September. No deposit required but I have bought several vehicles from them, including last F150. Getting purchase breakdown and price should be automatic for them.

first f-150

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
63 catalina 78 porsche 928 99 silverado 03 sierra
Occupation
carpenter
I put down $500 and was told if I don't want it I can walk. also they said they couldn't give final pricing because I would get the best incentives available from when I ordered to delivery. I'm trying find pco's right now

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I put a down payment on my order ($500) only after negotiting the out the door price (includes all fees and taxes). An actual sales order signed by the General Sales Manager (GSM). Also have the the dealer honoring all incentivies.

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
I built my truck as a lease also. Dealer had me put down a 1k deposit, that can go towards the down payment but said they won't run my credit or do any paperwork til the truck arrives. My salesmen said that if there is a better rebate or incentive, they will apply those instead so I'd say it's nothing out of the norm

OP
OP
1fitty

1fitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I built my truck as a lease also. Dealer had me put down a 1k deposit, that can go towards the down payment but said they won't run my credit or do any paperwork til the truck arrives. My salesmen said that if there is a better rebate or incentive, they will apply those instead so I'd say it's nothing out of the norm
I have no experience with this dealer, not having any numbers to go off (beside few text messages from sales person) how can I go back to deal agreed on if something is to go sideways. Isn't there a 90 day price protection or guarantee form if deal was to get worse by the time truck lands?

Sponsored

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
they didn't send or text you any preview order sheet with build breakdown or lease detail paperwork?
[/Q

OP
OP
1fitty

1fitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
they didn't send or text you any preview order sheet with build breakdown or lease detail paperwork?
[/Q
At first I received build sheet, then I added 2 changes (never received new build sheet), lease detail was sent to me as well, after negotiating better pricing I requested a new purchase breakdown and was told it won't matter until final paperwork is completed. :cautious:

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
At first I received build sheet, then I added 2 changes (never received new build sheet), lease detail was sent to me as well, after negotiating better pricing I requested a new purchase breakdown and was told it won't matter until final paperwork is completed. :cautious:
Yeah I'd want one just for piece of mind. Once negotiated, cap cost, fees and taxes should stay the same. The only variables should be rebates and incentives. I'd keep trying

OP
OP
1fitty

1fitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yeah I'd want one just for piece of mind. Once negotiated, cap cost, fees and taxes should stay the same. The only variables should be rebates and incentives. I'd keep trying
Which should be benefit to customer. I'll contact them this week (y)
Sponsored