First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
I wish someone would find a less expensive solution to this nightmare B&O system other than the $780+ Zen unit that steers most away from upgrading their speakers. It's ridiculous.

You can technically do it with a DSP that handles All-Pass filters on the front end like the Mosconi ones. So if you are very tech-savvy, understand these filters and you are running a DSP anyway, it can be done. You could technically use multiple Kicker KeyLOCs also since it is the only signal correction device that handles All-Pass filters, but then you would need to ForSCAN the chimes to the gauge cluster. So there are solutions, but the ZEN is just reliable, great sounding, and simple.

It's the same process we do on the GMC trucks with BOSE. There is no interface, so it's literally a powerful DSP and many hours of "fixing" the signal manually.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I wish someone would find a less expensive solution to this nightmare B&O system other than the $780+ Zen unit that steers most away from upgrading their speakers. It's ridiculous.
The most economical means for tapping the A2B is $400. That's simply to tap the signal though. I've been working on other things but I've been powering the truck w/ a $250 DSP amp connected to the $400 A2B tap in the meantime.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
ok i must be deaf as a stump
i have tried to distinguish bass rolling back now in five attempts driving and listening to a wide variety of songs
money for nothing, i love rock and roll, do you wanna touch, sweet home alabama, hells bells, return of the mack :) ,
i listen to these songs at 14 and then again at 17 and i can feel the bass still bouncing around
but i cant tell if its being cut back
how can tell if its happening ?? tia
i have got a few dirty looks from my neighbor however :love:

OP
OP
SoundsGoodStereo

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
ok i must be deaf as a stump
i have tried to distinguish bass rolling back now in five attempts driving and listening to a wide variety of songs
money for nothing, i love rock and roll, do you wanna touch, sweet home alabama, hells bells, return of the mack :) ,
i listen to these songs at 14 and then again at 17 and i can feel the bass still bouncing around
but i cant tell if its being cut back
how can tell if its happening ?? tia
i have got a few dirty looks from my neighbor however :love:
It will depend on the song and you have to remember most 1970-1980s songs do not have subwoofer bass, since it was recorded at a time when subwoofers were not common. The rollback will remove 75% of the voltage, so if you have a 1000w amplifier, it will roll this to 250w when it happens. So it's much more dramatic.

The factory subwoofer is receiving around 20w of power and it is reduced to 5w. The same percentage, but harder to experience especially on music that does not utilize a lot of the subwoofer.

A good rock song to play that can expose this (Turn up to 18)
https://music.apple.com/us/album/take-the-power-back/191450810?i=191450956
You will hear the first couple of kick drums will sound solid and then they will be at different volumes once the roll-off kicks in.

Another song with a constant bass line after 0:30.

But if you do not know what you are listening for, it's hard to identify what missing/happening.. Most people have never heard music properly, the closest most people come is a $500+ pair of headphones. For anyone that has a higher-power amplifier, the difference is drastic and easily noticeable.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
It will depend on the song and you have to remember most 1970-1980s songs do not have subwoofer bass, since it was recorded at a time when subwoofers were not common. The rollback will remove 75% of the voltage, so if you have a 1000w amplifier, it will roll this to 250w when it happens. So it's much more dramatic.

The factory subwoofer is receiving around 20w of power and it is reduced to 5w. The same percentage, but harder to experience especially on music that does not utilize a lot of the subwoofer.

A good rock song to play that can expose this (Turn up to 18)
You will hear the first couple of kick drums will sound solid and then they will be at different volumes once the roll-off kicks in.

Another song with a constant bass line after 0:30.

But if you do not know what you are listening for, it's hard to identify what missing/happening.. Most people have never heard music properly, the closest most people come is a $500+ pair of headphones. For anyone that has a higher-power amplifier, the difference is drastic and easily noticeable.
OK thank you very much
i have used the BO demo usb that is very very good playback, will try it next. now that i think i understand what i am listening for
i am no audiophile, but do appreciate my 60-80s rock and roll plus country and maybe some disco tossed in for good measure
KC and sunshine band , maybe some lipps inc

thank you again for helping the old dude understand 🤗 🤗

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
today to give her a real test
i played aqua, barbie girl
lots of techno, bass and wild ups and down
yes it was #1 in 2000 in palma spain :love: it was all over the radio then

windows were a bouncing and old lady at walmart was not impressed.🤗🤗
i have to be nice as she was probably close to my age :eek:

Last edited:

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
any chance you have any updates on when these will start shipping again? My order has been pending since May 19th.

OP
OP
SoundsGoodStereo

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
any chance you have any updates on when these will start shipping again? My order has been pending since May 19th.
We are building the harnesses daily and tuning the KeyLOCs every Friday for shipment. Your harness will be one of them this Friday when we load the unleashed amplifier into our truck. Appreciate your patience and any questions, please reach out

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Just got mine installed today any suggestions on where to set the amp gain ? Slams real good
does the key-loc turn off the factory sub or does it still work?

Ford F-150 Factory B&O Bass Roll-Off Solution image

Solo-Baric L7T
Single 10" L7T 2-Ohm Truck Enclosure

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I put an audio control lc2i on my green subwoofer line. It works but has roll off, sure has to be loud before it happens though I can't say I would ever turn it up that loud. That said when I saw the size of the wires going to the subwoofer I wondered why the hell they even bothered with a subwoofer in the first place. My suspicion was confirmed when I unplugged it and have noticed basically zero difference with no subwoofer hooked up at all compared to just the factory sub.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoundsGoodStereo

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
Just got mine installed today any suggestions on where to set the amp gain ? Slams real good
does the key-loc turn off the factory sub or does it still work?

image.png

Solo-Baric L7T
Single 10" L7T 2-Ohm Truck Enclosure
The factory subwoofer will still work, though I would listen to it disconnected to make sure you're not losing performance from your new subwoofer.

Regarding the gain, the KeyLOC is set to 4v of output... You have to find where 4v is on your gain.

What amplifier are you running?

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
here is my amp thanks for your help
Ron
Ford F-150 Factory B&O Bass Roll-Off Solution IMG_2900
Ford F-150 Factory B&O Bass Roll-Off Solution IMG_2899

OP
OP
SoundsGoodStereo

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
So your gain goes from 6v-200mv, so the 4v mark should be at 1/4.

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
The sound tone control in Sync 4 should the bass be set to off or 1 click on ?

OP
OP
SoundsGoodStereo

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
The sound tone control in Sync 4 should the bass be set to off or 1 click on ?
Off, zero, flat, center. Do not boost, but rather cut. Want more bass, reduce the treble/midrange. Treat center/zero/flat as your max.
Sponsored