First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
I'm sure everyone knows of this problem and everyone is fighting to fix it. We have been using this method for a long time, but just now had time to add it to our website so you can purchase it easily. It's the same setup that we use on our packages and is the proper way to fix the bass roll-off.

Here is a copy/paste that I just wrote for our website that explains more. Any questions, please let me know :)

Option- Fix Factory Bass Roll-Off:
We have tested thoroughly just about every integration option on these trucks and while some can try to prevent the bass roll-off, they are simply a band-aid that does not work very well. Most are just a bass boost on the bottom end, but this boost exists when the roll-off is not happening, so you will constantly fight the remote subwoofer level/bass knob to "tame" the new subwoofer system.

Our approach is very different than most, but it is backed by testing along with a few key patents that make this happen. Instead of utilizing the factory subwoofer connection, we utilize a pair of interior speakers. Now these speakers do not have much subwoofer bass going to them, but it's just enough for the Kicker KeyLOC integration module to restore it properly. So why did we choose the Kicker KeyLOC? Well, it's the only integration module that can fix the All-Pass Filters on the interior speakers. Since we need both the left speaker and the right speaker to create the signal, we need to combine them to create one. As you might know, the left speaker has a totally different tune than the right. So a simple "Line Output Converter" is not the correct device for this vehicle, the KeyLOC is the only one in our industry that can do this properly...remember the patents I mentioned??

This option includes a custom-made harness by our team and is pre-programmed at our facility to match your truck's factory stereo system. Just connect the power/ground, remote turn-on, and the included RCAs from the custom harness to your amplifier. Then you now have the professional way to fix the bass roll-off and have the signal you need for a great subwoofer system.

Option- Keep Factory Bass Roll-Off:
As you might have already experienced, the factory B&O systems will roll back the bass over volume 14 and it will come in and out depending on the song. This roll-off exists to protect the factory subwoofer from damage, but for most users, it creates an unpleasant listening experience. This harness uses the factory subwoofer connection, so the roll-off will still exist at volumes over the 14 mark, but if you are a lower volume level listener or just want more bass in a cost-effective manner, this harness is for you. This harness connects at the subwoofer, not the green plug on the enclosure. Simply remove the subwoofer from the enclosure and our harness plugs right in. No need to splice wires to upgrade the subwoofer system in your vehicle.

For the High-Level and low-level options. You will need to see if your amplifier accepts speaker-level/high-level inputs and how. For example, here are several popular amplifiers and if they accept High-Level inputs:

Arc Audio High-Level = RCA
Mosconi High Level = RCA
Kicker = RCA
New Alpine High Level = RCA
Older Alpine High Level = Speaker Wire
JL Audio High-Level = RCA
Audiocontrol High-Level = Speaker Wire
New Rockford High-Level = RCA
Old Rockford High-Level = Speaker Wire
Skar Audio RP Series High-Level = Does not have it, you cannot use soldered RCA from your ACM. You must convert this with a LOC or Kicker KeyLOC, etc.
Sundown Salt Series High-Level = Does not have it, you cannot use soldered RCA from your ACM. You must convert this with a LOC or Kicker KeyLOC, etc.
DD Audio M Series High-Level = Does not have it, you cannot use soldered RCA from your ACM. You must convert this with a LOC or Kicker KeyLOC, etc.
Rockville = High-Level = Does not have it, you cannot use soldered RCA from your ACM. You must convert this with a LOC or Kicker KeyLOC, etc.
etc....

Any questions, please let us know and we can guide you in the right direction.

Link to the Solution:
https://soundsgoodstereo.com/produc...-o-including-unleashed-read-description-below

Photo of the Roll-Off Fix Solution:
Ford F-150 Factory B&O Bass Roll-Off Solution s_upgrade_f50410964d873026d2ca6d73bfcab41fa787196f
Sponsored

OP
OP
SoundsGoodStereo

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
OP
OP
SoundsGoodStereo

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
Today, until 6pm. Monday-Thursday 9am to usually 8pm I'm here working. Just got back from a vacation, so it's more likely 10pm every night, CST :)

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Great info sir!!!

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Today, until 6pm. Monday-Thursday 9am to usually 8pm I'm here working. Just got back from a vacation, so it's more likely 10pm every night, CST :)
Don,

You're taking vacation and I don't have my subs yet? We need to talk!!! hahaha

Hope you had a good time to relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Looking forward to receiving my stuff when you guys have it completed.

OP
OP
SoundsGoodStereo

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
Don,

You're taking vacation and I don't have my subs yet? We need to talk!!! hahaha

Hope you had a good time to relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Looking forward to receiving my stuff when you guys have it completed.
lol, thanks! It was a much-needed vacation. Hired another team member and getting him up to speed. Trying to get our shipping times lower, but it seems as soon as we feel caught up, we get hammered with orders from amazing members of the Ford community :) Thanks for your patience and rest assured, the quality of the product will be exactly what you expect from us.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Is this just for unleashed or all BO systems? Thanks for all the information.

OP
OP
SoundsGoodStereo

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
For either, just need to choose the correct option on our page and we take care of the rest.

Sponsored

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Meanwhile, I’m trying to come up with a convincing explanation for the secretary of treasury. Any suggestions??

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
Another great product! I can’t wait for my stealth package to show up!!

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Damn it. I already have your integration that keeps the factory roll off....and it works great. Anyway we can get some credit to get the other one that fixes it?

Gallagher023

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 LARIAT 501A
Does this harness plug into the B&O amp? So the keyloc is powered by the trucks B&O factory amp like we don't need to run additional power from the battery correct? If that's the case I have a hs10 with the factory radio and I'm just fudging with the gain knob.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I thought setting the EQ to flat in forscan was supposed to fix this?
Sponsored