First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
No ongoing water leaking issues? Like through the seams where the slats join?
I bought this knowing it was not waterproof. The bed gets damp and you can’t leave tools under it unless you want them to be rusty:). I bought it for four reasons, security, (being a tradesman), the way it looks, keeping snow and salt off my skis, and not having to take it off when wanting to use most of the bed. The amount of room the canister takes has not bothered me. My skis love it!
Sponsored

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I bought this knowing it was not waterproof. The bed gets damp and you can’t leave tools under it unless you want them to be rusty.
Good to know... that's a deal-breaker for me on this product.

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Is there any sort of catch to buying a cover form tonneaucovered.com? they seem to have the cover i want for $200-300 less than amazon, manufacturer website, etc. and i'm just trying to understand if there's something i'm just not seeing.

Chris McN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, 2021 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 3.5l EB
Occupation
Retired
Is there any sort of catch to buying a cover form tonneaucovered.com? they seem to have the cover i want for $200-300 less than amazon, manufacturer website, etc. and i'm just trying to understand if there's something i'm just not seeing.
Wondering the same. Anyone have good/bad experiences with them?

Camptruck

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2021 F-150 XLT Velocity Blue
Occupation
Project Manager
I've had a Retrax many years ago on a Tundra I had. I like it and it was attractive but the cost is rough.

I've had this same Bak Flip now on my past 3 F150s and it still looks new. Works great and never really notice any water but I don't think it's water proof.

Bang for the buck and ease of use, I'm very satisfied. Fits the 2021 nicely and the power gate works just fine with it. I also like that it does not take up and bed space.

1611459495941.jpeg

1611459545137.jpeg
Bob,
Can the bed view camera still see the bed when the cover is folded up?
Thanks.

Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Picked up a new 2021 F-150 Lariat in Star White Metallic with the 3.5L last week. I am a Contractor in Miami and traded in my 2009 Lariat. Old one did not have a bed cover. I just ordered the Retrax Pro XR retractable cover and it will take 3 weeks to get shipped in. My question goes to the ability to use the front tie down Box Links. Does anyone have a Retrax retractable and how does it fit relative to the Box Links. What options or recommendations does anyone have.

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Picked up a new 2021 F-150 Lariat in Star White Metallic with the 3.5L last week. I am a Contractor in Miami and traded in my 2009 Lariat. Old one did not have a bed cover. I just ordered the Retrax Pro XR retractable cover and it will take 3 weeks to get shipped in. My question goes to the ability to use the front tie down Box Links. Does anyone have a Retrax retractable and how does it fit relative to the Box Links. What options or recommendations does anyone have.
Here is a photo of mine. You can use the fromt of it.
Ford F-150 Factors To Consider Before Buying Any Tonneau Cover IMG_0728

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Thanks for the photo. It looks like if I attach a tie down strap before I install the Retrax Pro XR so it can be reached it will be usable. Did not use them too often on old truck mostly the ones in rear next to tailgate. Now i think I may need to add a seal to the tailgate area to keep water out after the retractable is installed. Any thoughts on that or best way to keep water out of the bed?

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Thanks for the photo. It looks like if I attach a tie down strap before I install the Retrax Pro XR so it can be reached it will be usable. Did not use them too often on old truck mostly the ones in rear next to tailgate. Now i think I may need to add a seal to the tailgate area to keep water out after the retractable is installed. Any thoughts on that or best way to keep water out of the bed?
I think you will need a tailgate sealing kit (about $29.00). I do not have one yet and the only water i get in the bed is coming around the tailgate.

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
I think you will need a tailgate sealing kit (about $29.00). I do not have one yet and the only water i get in the bed is coming around the tailgate.

Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Yes, I will be ordering a tailgate seal... I attached a couple of photos... all wet it just rained. My truck looks like yours too.

Ford F-150 Factors To Consider Before Buying Any Tonneau Cover IMG_5407.JPG

Ford F-150 Factors To Consider Before Buying Any Tonneau Cover IMG_5405.JPG

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Yes, I will be ordering a tailgate seal... I attached a couple of photos... all wet it just rained. My truck looks like yours too.

IMG_5407.JPG

IMG_5405.JPG
Ordered the same truck with 6.5 bed and tow mirrors, can’t wait, oh ya thats the best looking truck I have seen.

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired

IMG_5407.JPG

IMG_5405.JPG
What colour of interior did you go with

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Black interior, any other would show too much dirt after a while as I am a contractor and sometimes I have to get down into it if you know what I mean. Truck has the Lariat 502a, Star White, 3.5L, tow tech package, power running boards, twin moonroof, power tailgate, 20" wheels, lower two tone paint, wheel well liner and spray in Toughbed liner. I also added on the 8 year extended bumper to bumper warranty as I expect to keep her as I did my 2009 Lariat for about 10 years or so.

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Just installed the Gator HR1, rolling "hard" cover and am very impressed so far. Originally I was going to go with a retractable with integrated grooves/rails for a Yakima rack but backed off for a couple of reasons:
  1. Takes up bed space when retracted
  2. More expensive
  3. More difficult to remove when not needed from what I researched.
The Gator will allow me to roll it up for bulkier loads, takes 1 minute to unlatch and remove and when rolled up would still allow me to load my dirtbikes without interference.

Tailgate still drops nicely with the remote when the cover is fully closed.

I also have an Adarac Contour ladder/utility rack coming in to carry my ladders, kayaks and other toys. The Contour is specifically designed to accommodate many folding/rolling covers.
Screenshot 2021-01-21 161317.jpg
Sponsored