First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Either way, I you need to get it from truckalterations.com! Go over to the "other" forum and PM user truckalter (he is the owner, Luke) and ask what the forum member price quote would be on whichever you decide (they carry them all). My full out the door (tax and california shipping) was over about $250 less than Amazon (as a reference) for my Lomax. He sent an invoice via email, and it showed up in about a week.

Now, if my f$#*&ing truck would get here I would love to install it and show everyone!
Wow! I definitely will check that out! How long did shipping take? Also I saw you're waiting 2 more weeks for your (correctly specd) truck. You got guts man lol

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Wow! I definitely will check that out! How long did shipping take? Also I saw you're waiting 2 more weeks for your (correctly specd) truck. You got guts man lol
It showed up in about a week! I never even got a tracking number but wasn't really looking for it since I knew my truck was still just sitting in Dearborn on its fat a$$ doing nothing but watching other trucks get loaded ahead of it. I paid the email invoice and got it in a week. Huge thing to take up space without a truck to put it on.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
It showed up in about a week! I never even got a tracking number but wasn't really looking for it since I knew my truck was still just sitting in Dearborn on its fat a$$ doing nothing but watching other trucks get loaded ahead of it. I paid the email invoice and got it in a week. Huge thing to take up space without a truck to put it on.
Thats really good shipping times. I will definitely send him a PM, owe you one

Icbmredrat

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
Anyone have any experience with Enthuze brand? I am in Canada so shipping from US is absurd. They offer a $899 / $1049 version, latter being the “flush” version.

Thanks

Sponsored

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
What issues do you have with water leaking in?
Only water leakage that I have noticed so far is around the tailgate. Plan to add the tailgate seal to resolve most of that. No tonneau is 100% waterproof that I have found but for a rolling cover, this seems to do a great job so far.

Gen14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
My Lund roll up off my 2018 fit the same on my 21.
Ford F-150 Factors To Consider Before Buying Any Tonneau Cover A31BD023-9A63-4C16-BEC2-55C2686F8620
Ford F-150 Factors To Consider Before Buying Any Tonneau Cover 2D2FA5F5-02EB-497B-8B9C-CC7F504D87D6

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
I wanted to follow up on my report of my new Retrax Pro XR on my 2021 Lariat with short bed.

It rained very hard today and winds were gusting to over 20 miles per hour. Truck is parked on the open area of my driveway backed in with slight slope angle down to the cab, therefore more water would drain off in the area between the bed and the cab vs. off the tailgate side.

Once the rain stopped I opened the tailgate and other than few drips that came in when I opened it, the bed was completely dry. I then opened the Retrax cover to 90% open, again other than a few drops I caused from opening it while the top of the Retrax was really very wet the bed was dry.

I am very pleased with this Retrax Pro XR retractable cover, my one and only complaint so far would be that the rubbery cover that protects and covers the key latch area pops open by itself. Not sure if this is just a bad one or do all do this...I will touch base with the factory next week and see what they have to say as the unit does come with a lifetime warranty. Anyone else with this same issue?

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I wanted to follow up on my report of my new Retrax Pro XR on my 2021 Lariat with short bed.

It rained very hard today and winds were gusting to over 20 miles per hour. Truck is parked on the open area of my driveway backed in with slight slope angle down to the cab, therefore more water would drain off in the area between the bed and the cab vs. off the tailgate side.

Once the rain stopped I opened the tailgate and other than few drips that came in when I opened it, the bed was completely dry. I then opened the Retrax cover to 90% open, again other than a few drops I caused from opening it while the top of the Retrax was really very wet the bed was dry.

I am very pleased with this Retrax Pro XR retractable cover, my one and only complaint so far would be that the rubbery cover that protects and covers the key latch area pops open by itself. Not sure if this is just a bad one or do all do this...I will touch base with the factory next week and see what they have to say as the unit does come with a lifetime warranty. Anyone else with this same issue?
Great to hear! Installing mine in the next few days. Are you using a tailgate seal kit?

How much distance is there between the bottom of your Retrax canister and the bed of the truck?

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Great to hear! Installing mine in the next few days. Are you using a tailgate seal kit?

How much distance is there between the bottom of your Retrax canister and the bed of the truck?
From the top of the rib to bottom of the canister is 9 3/4 inches.

Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor

Yes, I have installed the tailgate seal, was inexpensive, easy to fit and adhere just be sure the truck surface is clean, clean.

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Yes, I have installed the tailgate seal, was inexpensive, easy to fit and adhere just be sure the truck surface is clean, clean.
Any pics of how this actually fits on the new 2021? I’ve seen to many YouTube videos and posts on how these tailgate kits don’t fit or seal very well, or how you have to double up in some places, or install upside down from the vendor guidance, etc.

Just curious how much yours actually “seals” off the tailgate.

And did you get the Retrax branded one?

Krock7360

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
My truck accessories guy talked me into the Lomaxx
Its the lowest profile I’ve seen
watertight and it comes off completely in 30 seconds
trifold cover

Ford F-150 Factors To Consider Before Buying Any Tonneau Cover 294304E6-9DCF-4FA4-99EA-C5764690468C

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Any pics of how this actually fits on the new 2021? I’ve seen to many YouTube videos and posts on how these tailgate kits don’t fit or seal very well, or how you have to double up in some places, or install upside down from the vendor guidance, etc.

I followed the instructions but did not put it at bottom of the tailgate at the floor of the bed for two reasons. I would be dirt catch area and would tear with normal use, but also if water did get in the bed it give the water a place to drain from.

The tailgate seal I used was the ESI (Extruded Solutions.com) Ultimate Tailgate Seal was around $20 or $30 works well, quality material and it stays in place.

V789654

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SC XLT Sport 3.5 - Carbonized Gray
Glad you like it, from what I can tell (from the install instructions) the WeatherTech unit is the same as Lomax and they look to extend the warranty from 3 years to lifetime. Think I will be getting it very soon.

My truck accessories guy talked me into the Lomaxx
Its the lowest profile I’ve seen
watertight and it comes off completely in 30 seconds
trifold cover
Sponsored