Sponsored

F150 Windshield recall

RCR001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I got my Apt. for recall.. had the truck at Xmas so it was issues before Jan, booked in with a loner for 3 days, out to the body shop it goes,
Sponsored

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Got mine back today. Used original glass. Drove home in a rainstorm with no issues other than a couple tape strips I have to leave on a few days.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
How long did it take?
Well that depends on who you ask. My truck sat in their (Grand Prairie Ford) fricking parking lot for 12 days waiting on rust removal and repaint and this stupid windshield recall. After 12 days NOTHING had been touched. Reached out to the new car mgr., bitched at him and asked him why it had sat there so long unattended. 2 days later it was all done. Rust and all. So, it either took 14 days, or <2 days depending on how you look at it.

Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Well that depends on who you ask. My truck sat in their (Grand Prairie Ford) fricking parking lot for 12 days waiting on rust removal and repaint and this stupid windshield recall. After 12 days NOTHING had been touched. Reached out to the new car mgr., bitched at him and asked him why it had sat there so long unattended. 2 days later it was all done. Rust and all. So, it either took 14 days, or <2 days depending on how you look at it.
Hi Bravo,
Was the rust on the undercarriage I’ve been reading about? If so did you have any issues getting it fixed? Any chance you have before and after pictures? Just curious how it looks because unfortunately this may be a problem for a lot of us. I’m still waiting so who knows..

Fisher24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
Glad your got your truck back, but everything about this is just horrible.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
My truck goes in May 7th for this issue. My service advisor told me they don't need any parts because they are going to use the old windshield. We'll see if they will need to install a new windshield or not.
They had to order a new windshield for mine. They said a 90% failure rate for taking the glass out without cracking it. ?

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hi Bravo,
Was the rust on the undercarriage I’ve been reading about? If so did you have any issues getting it fixed? Any chance you have before and after pictures? Just curious how it looks because unfortunately this may be a problem for a lot of us. I’m still waiting so who knows..
Yes it was. Unfortunately, I do not have any pics because all this crap was negotiated before the purchase, and I didn't expect near this amount of BS. Dealer agreed to fix no questions asked. It was pretty bad. I've seen much worse, but in my mind it was unacceptable. They fixed it...to where it is barely acceptable. I recently underwent heart bypass surgery (x5) 4 weeks ago (issues found during a stress test)or I'd climb under there and do it myself. Sternum hurts like a bitch. Not possible at the moment. Picture a 7th grader fixing it, and that's what it reminded me of, ok maybe an exaggeration, an 8th grader. I can live with it until I get after it myself. I'm just glad to get my truck back! Windshield appears to be no issues, except it still hasn't been removed from my Ford Pass app.

Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Yes it was. Unfortunately, I do not have any pics because all this crap was negotiated before the purchase, and I didn't expect near this amount of BS. Dealer agreed to fix no questions asked. It was pretty bad. I've seen much worse, but in my mind it was unacceptable. They fixed it...to where it is barely acceptable. I recently underwent heart bypass surgery (x5) 4 weeks ago (issues found during a stress test)or I'd climb under there and do it myself. Sternum hurts like a bitch. Not possible at the moment. Picture a 7th grader fixing it, and that's what it reminded me of, ok maybe an exaggeration, an 8th grader. I can live with it until I get after it myself. I'm just glad to get my truck back! Windshield appears to be no issues, except it still hasn't been removed from my Ford Pass app.
Thanks for the info. Good luck on a speedy recovery!

muddyh2o

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Black Widow
Occupation
IT Engineer
They had to order a new windshield for mine. They said a 90% failure rate for taking the glass out without cracking it. ?
I purchased a Black Widow early yesterday afternoon, and while they were getting it ready for me to pick up later on in the day, they called and told me about the recall.

They told me the same thing and they have no interest in trying to remove the current windshield without having a replacement on hand.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I called my local stealership about getting an appointment for the window recall and both service advisors I talked to were clueless. Finally after giving them all the recall information they said I needed to call for an appointment.… :rolleyes:

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
Called my dealership last week to make the appointment. They couldn’t tell me anything about how long it would take. Then when I dropped it off this morning they told me that most of the F-150s didn’t need any work for the recall and they would “test“ the windshield :unsure: Called me later in the day to tell me that they have to send it out to a 3rd party specializing in windshields who would fix the adhesive and I will get the truck back next Monday. Pretty obvious that the dealership doesn’t know anything about the recall… typical for my dealership. Totally clueless and poor customer service.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Then when I dropped it off this morning they told me that most of the F-150s didn’t need any work for the recall and they would “test“ the windshield :unsure:
they have the VINs of the vehicles needing this service. This is not a “Let’s test this first.” recall. Ford knows the build dates, factory (All are Dearborn) and VIN of these vehicles, and if sold, name and address of the purchaser.

I got the recall notice for the airbags in my Ranger long before the parts were available to replace (both airbags in my car, while some only needed one).

Had a 73 Plymouth that had a wiring harness recall when the car was about 5 yrs old and I had had it about 3 yrs. Chrysler knew I bought it and exactly the harness it needed replaced, long after the warrantee had expired.
Sponsored

Last edited: