First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37s Infiniti
Occupation
Retired
I received recall notice 21C06 for the remounting of the front windshield on my 2021 F150. I took the notice to my dealer service department and they directed me to their body shop. They made a copy of the notice, took my contact info and said they needed to get directions from Ford on what to do.

Anyone else out there gotten a notice? If so, has your dealer been able to handle it?
Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
My dealer said they are waiting on Ford to allocate parts.... which parts exactly idk

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Build date of 1/22, no notice yet. Yes, I do have the truck.

OP
OP
jjblas

jjblas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37s Infiniti
Occupation
Retired
My dealer said they are waiting on Ford to allocate parts.... which parts exactly idk
The way the recall is stated it sounds like they just need adhesive to reseal. My dealer mumbled something about needing to recalibrate the rear view mirror.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
From what i read, it's a adhesion issue where the supplier of the sealer/primer screwed up. My guess is that the same windshield will go back in, unless it get's broke on removal. The lip gets cleaned up and new updated version of the primer and sealer being used.

Sponsored

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired auto engineer
Many questions on this recall. Is there a test the dealer can run to see if the windshield needs to be resealed? Leak test maybe? Can a windshield be removed without breaking it? Can I sign off if I don't want my windshield broken and replaced? If my dealer were to send me to some glass shop, I'll pass...

Buschlatte

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My dealer said they will send my truck to a local auto glass place to have the work done.

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
I received recall notice 21C06 for the remounting of the front windshield on my 2021 F150. I took the notice to my dealer service department and they directed me to their body shop. They made a copy of the notice, took my contact info and said they needed to get directions from Ford on what to do.

Anyone else out there gotten a notice? If so, has your dealer been able to handle it?
Yes I got the notice this pst week.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Mine is at the dealership now getting that fixed. Along with the rusted underside, a KR seatbelt replacement that someone spray painted with white paint, overspray clearcoat on my driver's rear window (all over it), and white athletic style tape adhered to the roof that someone left and missed in the make ready dept. Oh and an update for the zone lighting. Been there for 10 days, should be ready early this week.

Buschlatte

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Mine is at the dealership now getting that fixed. Along with the rusted underside, a KR seatbelt replacement that someone spray painted with white paint, overspray clearcoat on my driver's rear window (all over it), and white athletic style tape adhered to the roof that someone left and missed in the make ready dept. Oh and an update for the zone lighting. Been there for 10 days, should be ready early this week.
o_O

Sponsored

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
I know...fortunately most all was found before purchase was final. Except the windshield.

OP
OP
jjblas

jjblas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37s Infiniti
Occupation
Retired
So, I have an appointment next Tuesday at the dealer to get it fixed. They are having a windshield vendor come in to do the work.

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
My truck goes in May 7th for this issue. My service advisor told me they don't need any parts because they are going to use the old windshield. We'll see if they will need to install a new windshield or not.

Bossman

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 clt
Occupation
Avonics
Do you know what the recall is for ? I just got my 21 xlt 2 days ago