First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
What's also interesting, having played around with each website's respective build sites: the F150 allows more powertrain options with other options ("max" towing, off-road). The GMC seems to limit their off-road and max-towing packages to their V8 and Duramax engines. Whether those are deciding factors may or may not be the case; as others have suggested, I'll try to setup some test drives (I'm presuming test drives don't include barreling down local logging roads in the rain or practicing towing???)
Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
I'm starting to see a few 22' GMs hit dealer lots. With a new model refresh and short supply I'm sure sticker or sticker plus is what you'll pay...

Pricing has gone up on 150s since my order and I'm locked in at about 12% off MSRP.

OP
OP
GregBC

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm starting to see a few 22' GMs hit dealer lots. With a new model refresh and short supply I'm sure sticker or sticker plus is what you'll pay...

Pricing has gone up on 150s since my order and I'm locked in at about 12% off MSRP.
Ah, I haven't seen any yet on the island. I agree the interior for the "Sierra" is nicer than the "Sierra Limited" but all I see locally are the "Limited"s. And mostly Duramax too, interestingly enough (compared to F150 3.0 diesels, which I have yet to see on any lot in BC).

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
Ford discontinued the 3.0L diesel last year, like mid-year, so you won't see any now. The PB offers a better package.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Thanks for that, all good points! I just looked to compare; for the 2.7L F150 with 3.73 rear ratio, puts one at 8300 or 10k (depending on tow package)/1700-ish max payload vs GMC's 2.7L @ 8.9 k max tow/2k payload. Closer than I thought; the formatting differences between the doc's made me think the GMC was maxed at 7k towing, but that was GVWR.

I haven't been looking at any other powertrains (other than the Powerboost hybrid) as I feel the 2.7L's likely provide the best combo of daily driving vs capability; I know they'll limit me on some cases, but such is life :)
Ahhh...so I was mistaken. Yes, the 2.7L is definitely an appealing option. At this point, I'd take whatever Ford would ship me!

Sponsored

Roscopcoletrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT...on order
had a 09 5.3 Silverado, was ok. Traded that for a 15 6.2 Sierra. Great truck until the lifters went. So onto the the Ford I go. Also was no way to get a HDPP on the GM twins. Since I tow, payload is king, and no way to tell what that will be on the GM's. With the Ford at least you know it will be mid 2k.

Powerboost22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Ah, I haven't seen any yet on the island. I agree the interior for the "Sierra" is nicer than the "Sierra Limited" but all I see locally are the "Limited"s. And mostly Duramax too, interestingly enough (compared to F150 3.0 diesels, which I have yet to see on any lot in BC).
The refreshed true 2022 sierras are a great package. The interiors finally look like they should of all along. I have a elevation 3.0 duramax that should be in end of April and I have a powerboost with a build date of 4/18. Really been going back and forth but the powerboost is going to be about 4k less and per mile cost seems like will save in the long run. I do at least 20k miles a year and the cost of running diesel is crazy right now, more expensive than even premium around my area now.

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
Best thing to really do is test drive them. That way you can sit in the interior and really get a feeling of what’s appealing to your eyes.
I haven’t checked out the 22 (or 23 maybe) GM interiors, but their current lineup and before just seem to not have aged well. My wife has a 2020 GMC Acadia in the SLT1 trim and my father-in-law’s 2020 Yukon SLT2 just feel very dated compared to my current 21 Lariat. Even my 2018 felt more premium than theirs.

I’ve always been a GM man myself having owned two ‘06 GTO’s, two Silverados (2000/2006) and two Sierra’s (2012/2013) and loved them. The trucks transmissions felt very sluggish though, but I realize transmissions have come a long way in that time. The interiors have just always been a drawback for me with GMs recent lineups.

Good luck on your search though! If you do take some test drives, be firm and know when to say “no!” when they eventually try to close the sale. ?

OP
OP
GregBC

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Good luck on your search though! If you do take some test drives, be firm and know when to say “no!” when they eventually try to close the sale. ?
thanks for the feedback and encouragement!

I have noticed that even in the truck-scarce world we live in, sales people are still pretty aggressive. Just odd they seem to act less aggressive towards lowering the price, lol! One guy I chatted with was prettty keen to start ordering and requested I forward a build sheet,even with 120 f150’s on the lot. I figured he’d try to push one of those that was “close enough”.

DixieFX4

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ - 22 F150 XLT Ordered
I've been a long time GM truck owner as well and have a new f150 on order. I'm still searching local lots for both the GMC and the F150s. After driving both I really liked the comfort and visibility of the new f150s. Even the cloth seats on this XLT I'm considering seems really nice and comfortable! One thing on the AT4 trucks I wasn't crazy about is the seats don't seem very comfortable. Did anyone else notice this? The SLT seats were great though didn't think they were a different design but they felt much more comfortable. Having owned quite a few silverados over the years, I really wanted to like the current model especially with the 6.2L but there is something about the rear end and taillights of the new silverado I just don't like, so I've eliminated that option and still between the gmc and the f150. With spring here now I'm just so excited to get into a new truck and I've found one XLT that has almost everything I have on the ordered truck less the sunroof which I really do love on previous vehicles. The consensus right now for comfort, looks and features has me leaning towards the F150 and this will be my first F150 so I'm kinda excited to get into one soon!

Sponsored

OP
OP
GregBC

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I've been a long time GM truck owner as well and have a new f150 on order. I'm still searching local lots for both the GMC and the F150s. After driving both I really liked the comfort and visibility of the new f150s. Even the cloth seats on this XLT I'm considering seems really nice and comfortable! One thing on the AT4 trucks I wasn't crazy about is the seats don't seem very comfortable. Did anyone else notice this? The SLT seats were great though didn't think they were a different design but they felt much more comfortable. Having owned quite a few silverados over the years, I really wanted to like the current model especially with the 6.2L but there is something about the rear end and taillights of the new silverado I just don't like, so I've eliminated that option and still between the gmc and the f150. With spring here now I'm just so excited to get into a new truck and I've found one XLT that has almost everything I have on the ordered truck less the sunroof which I really do love on previous vehicles. The consensus right now for comfort, looks and features has me leaning towards the F150 and this will be my first F150 so I'm kinda excited to get into one soon!
I've often heard the GMC/Chevy seats are uncomfortable (online and on UTube). I haven't tried a test drive yet myself. I'd like to test a 2022 (non-"Limited") model but they're still quite scarce (and I don't believe the Silverado comes with the multi-function backgate unless its a newer 2022). And the 3L Duramax, I believe, isn't being built yet for the newer 2022 models due to part supply issues. I don't mind the external looks myself, of either the GMC or Silverado, but I do agree the F150 is a little better looking and seems like it'd have better visibility overall.

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
I was in a 21 HD AT4 the other day and the seats were hard as a rock. I wouldn't want to sit on them for an extended period, but maybe they'll break in.

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
What I don’t like about the gm products are the tow mirrors. The way they are attached is odd, I like how the ford ones pull out but the gm ones seem to fold out on hinges or something.

The rest of the exterior styling is ok, but every time I see one of them with the tow mirrors out it just looks all wrong.

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
My buddy has a 2021 AT4 and as much as i love his truck ( exception of that awful minivan interior) i love his truck but man the seats are like rocks. super stiff

pygmysurfer

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevrolet Silerado Custom Trail Boss
I currently have a 2019 Silverado, with the 5.3L. It's mostly OK (I don't even mind the interior), except for towing - several times while towing our travel trailer (6896 lbs, 806 lb hitch weight), the transmission has overheated. The truck is rated to tow 9500 lbs, with 1767 lbs of payload, so it really should have no problem, but if I tow the trailer and there are hills, I get a CEL and a message the transmission has overheated. Usually the CEL clears by the time I can get it into a dealership, and the truck does not appear to be any worse for wear, but it's still concerning.

I WAS planning to get a new Sierra with the 3.0 Duramax next year, but with the price of gas lately (especially diesel here out east) I've been weighing my options. I've always been a GM guy (dad worked there for 30+ years), but the Powerboost F150 has grabbed my attention - my only concern is the payload (ie: what's the payload on a 4x4 XLT Powerboost w/6.5' box). I also wish I knew why I can't get body colour bumpers with a bench seat, but GM also has some silly restrictions with what you can get with a bench, so...

GM has this handy "Online Order/Reference Guide" which you can use to find out just about anything on their vehicles, I have not been able to find something similar from Ford.

Aside from the transmission, the other thing I dislike about my current truck is how often I have to refuel while pulling the trailer - I'm hoping whatever I end up with will let me get another hour or so between stops.
Sponsored