First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
I was at my brother in laws cabin over the weekend and we had a wicked thunderstorm. Lots of lighting strikes close by and heavy rain. Big flash of lighting and truck lights turn on. Headlights and taillights. Try to use Fordpass to turn off. Nothing. Use Ford pass to lock and unlock truck. Start truck, stop truck. Lights still on. Rain slacks off a little and I walk to the truck. Key is in my pocket, approach sensor not responding.Putting hand behind door handle not working either. Use key pad to open, sorry didn't think to try key fob. Start truck, dings like lights are on, but light switch says not on. Had to cycle switch a few times for it to start working. Drivers seat cooling on high.Nothing reset, sync was working ok. Took the truck for a 10 mile drive that night and it seems to be ok. I just drove it about 400 miles back to home, but its was really weird how it reacted to the storm. Thoughts anyone.
Sponsored

JimMoran

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 T-Bird, 2020 Explorer ST, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
I had my lariat in to have the snow plow equipment and wiring done (still had the plow from my 2018). When I picked up the truck they said the front wheels were skipping when they made a turn. I commented that what they were saying sounded like it was in 4 wheel drive. Started the truck and it showed 2H. Cycled thru to 4H, then 4L, then back to 2. Everything was fine. They disconnected the battery when they wired it, and assume when they hooked up the battery again, the truck cycled to 4H.