Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Hey Guys,
Does anyone regularly drive in sport mode? Does it have a deeper sound or feel any faster than the other modes?
Sponsored

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
Definitely more responsive. I don't use it that often, but it is one of my three modes I'll use depending on the situation (normal, eco & sport)

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I use it when ever I line up against a Tesla or similar car. :) It starts the engine immediately when removing your foot from the brake and shifts much more aggressively. Also automatically selects 4A mode for better traction though you can switch it back to 2H if you like.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Absolutely more responsive and “touchy” if you’re not used to it. Great for quick runs and getting on it occasionally, but I wouldn’t drive with it in Sport mode regularly. Don’t think it would hurt it, but as attentive as it is in that mode, it definitely will use more fuel.

Just the opposite with slippery mode. Used it in heavy rain the other day and really softened throttle response so you wouldn’t spin the tires. Worked pretty well actually!

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like the different modes actually do make a difference and it’s not just a gimmick.

Sponsored

jesdamian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
at least in the 4x4 model it activates 4A which provides power to all 4 wheels. You can definitely feel it, but instantly see it in the MPG category

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like the different modes actually do make a difference and it’s not just a gimmick.
Definitely not on this truck. It adjust the engine, transmission, throttle, as well as the suspension (I believe) on upper trim levels.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I notice that when I (rarely) go into Sport mode, it shifts into 4WD. But then when I start the truck again in Normal mode, it is still in 4WD unless I switch it back to 2WD manually. Anyone else have this issue, and is there any way around it?

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
I notice that when I (rarely) go into Sport mode, it shifts into 4WD. But then when I start the truck again in Normal mode, it is still in 4WD unless I switch it back to 2WD manually. Anyone else have this issue, and is there any way around it?
Yep, pretty annoying when you park it for a day after driving in Sport and then it's still in 4A the next day in Normal. I assume because when you shut it off the truck obviously doesn't have the power to switch back to 2H but you'd think it would switch when you start it up. Maybe I'm just picky.
Sponsored