Sponsored

F150 Lightning vs 2024 Chevy Silverado EV - Chevy Proves it Deserves to go Bankrupt

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Occupation
Manufactured Homes
Chevy, our country's top EV company according to the Biden administration has sold 26 EV's this month and has now released their 2024 Silverado EV renderings.

This just shows how out of touch they are with the market. Ford hit a home run by keeping it traditional look that will allow them to keep their loyal fanbase while adding new electric vehicle enthusiast that will purchase their 1st truck. This Silverado EV will cause a strong emotional split with the everyday truck user and sell more like the Avalanche. It will be pummeled by Ford with fleet sales. What a mess.

Ford F-150 F150 Lightning vs 2024 Chevy Silverado EV - Chevy Proves it Deserves to go Bankrupt 1641405983197
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
It'll sell. Someone there still likes the Avalanche sail panels. I'm not crazy about that but they knocked it out of the park with the Hummer.

Last thing we need is GM in trouble.

Labrador_1971

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Sle Limited , 2018 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder if the rear independent suspension will be strong enough for towing 9000 lbs.

Sponsored

shnax69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 XLT
I think when the lightning gets away from the current f150 chassis on the second gen will be the sweet spot. It looks great it just could be much improved in that sense

OP
OP
Coolbreeze704

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Occupation
Manufactured Homes
It'll sell. Someone there still likes the Avalanche sail panels. I'm not crazy about that but they knocked it out of the park with the Hummer.

Last thing we need is GM in trouble.
They are dead in the water. How many Hummers to you think they will sell compared to F150's and even Cybertrucks. You need economy of scale and vertical integration to make margin. They can't do it and have no real plan.

The future is electric and they are not vertically integrated, have unions and dealerships that are albatross's around there neck. Ford and VW and most likely will survive but GM has no chance. Tesla is not the biggest threat, it is China, oh, and Mary Barra.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
They are dead in the water. How many Hummers to you think they will sell compared to F150's and even Cybertrucks. You need economy of scale and vertical integration to make margin. They can't do it and have no real plan.

The future is electric and they are not vertically integrated, have unions and dealerships that are albatross's around there neck. Ford and VW and most likely will survive but GM has no chance. Tesla is not the biggest threat, it is China, oh, and Mary Barra.
Oh brother...... Whatever....

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
Can someone actually explain to me how the lightning is the better truck other than an opinionated answer such as better looks?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Coolbreeze704

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Occupation
Manufactured Homes
Can someone actually explain to me how the lightning is the better truck other than an opinionated answer such as better looks?
I don't think you are going to see that Electric Avalanche look alike sell to contractors, farmers and people who want a truck for utility. Going to sell to middle to high income white collar dads that want a truck to go to Home Depot/ski slopes, the dump, etc.

In the south trucks are so important and how they look and what they are capable of is everything. Ford took the best selling truck and kept it familiar and possibly better at the same time it electrified it. GM was losing sales to Ram and Ford as it was. This is going to kill their future truck sales. IMHO

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
I don't think you are going to see that Electric Avalanche look alike sell to contractors, farmers and people who want a truck for utility. Going to sell to middle to high income white collar dads that want a truck to go to Home Depot/ski slopes, the dump, etc.

In the south trucks are so important and how they look and what they are capable of is everything. Ford took the best selling truck and kept it familiar and possibly better at the same time it electrified it. GM was losing sales to Ram and Ford as it was. This is going to kill their future truck sales. IMHO
I lived in the south for nearly 30 years. The vast majority of trucks are sold to people living in HOA's using them like an SUV with a bed.

Just a little more factual backup on Hummer and Lyriq orders

https://carbuzz.com/news/demand-for-the-gmc-hummer-ev-is-huge

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
I'm not about to go out and order an ev anything. I think the ev Mustang is butt ugly but they are selling. I suspect the ev Silverado will sell.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
I will withold judgement until real life head to head tests happen..

That said a $29k S-10 type electric would be a real step forward.
Sponsored