• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning Tour - West Coast

Chiefer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford F150, 2017 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Business Operations Support Manager
Ford has been really working my last nerve lately!

I finally received an email to pre register for the F150 Lightning Tour (West Coast - Seattle) for reservation holders at 12:00pm this afternoon. I spent an hour and a half trying to register to only have countless issues with the registration process.

First attempt - I waited 5 minutes for the the spinning wheel of death to finally load a registration page. I got through the customer information but the drop downs for your current vehicle would not load. As these are mandatory and would not populate with options to select the form would not let me move forward.

Second attempt - I waited another 5 minutes for the spinning wheel of death to finally load the registration page. Again I got through the customer information and was able to select the Year of my current vehicle but the Make and Model drop downs wouldn't populate.

Third attempt - I waited 10 minutes for the spinning wheel of death to finally load the registration page. Again I got through the customer information section and was able to select the Year and Make of my vehicle but the model wouldn't load.

Fourth attempt - I waited 10 minutes for the spinning wheel of death. Got all the way through until the Model drop down. Just like in my third attempt it would not populate.

Fifth attempt - 10 minute spinning wheel of death.. only to then receive, 'PRE REGISTRATION IS FULL" !?!?!?! Are you #$*&@(#$U kidding me?

I kept at it... just in case.... And finally!

EIGHTH ATTEMPT = SUCCESS!!!!!

While I am glad I was able to register and I am very excited about this vehicle as I love my current F150 but someone who is willing to put down $70 - $80K on of your products deserves much better.

Between this, delays at dealerships for basic service items, and generally crappy vehicle launches (Looking at you Explorer and Bronco) they are at risk of losing me as a customer of 25 years.

(2 F150s, 1 Flex, 2 Explorers, 1 Expedition, 1 Mustang, 2 Taurus' and 1 Focus between my and my wife during this time)
Sponsored

Last edited:

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Ford has been really working my last nerve lately!

I finally received an email to pre register for the F150 Lightning Tour (West Coast - Seattle) for reservation holders at 12:00pm this afternoon. I spent an hour and a half trying to register to only have countless issues with the registration process.

First attempt - I waited 5 minutes for the the spinning wheel of death to finally load a registration page. I got through the customer information but the drop downs for your current vehicle would not load. As these are mandatory and would not populate with options to select the form would not let me move forward.

Second attempt - I waited another 5 minutes for the spinning wheel of death to finally load the registration page. Again I got through the customer information and was able to select the Year of my current vehicle but the Make and Model drop downs wouldn't populate.

Third attempt - I waited 10 minutes for the spinning wheel of death to finally load the registration page. Again I got through the customer information section and was able to select the Year and Make of my vehicle but the model wouldn't load.

Fourth attempt - I waited 10 minutes for the spinning wheel of death. Got all the way through until the Model drop down. Just like in my third attempt it would not populate.

Fifth attempt - 10 minute spinning wheel of death.. only to then receive, 'PRE REGISTRATION IS FULL" !?!?!?! Are you #$*&@(#$U kidding me?

I kept at it... just in case.... And finally!

EIGHTH ATTEMPT = SUCCESS!!!!!

While I am glad I was able to register and I am very excited about this vehicle as I love my current F150 but someone who is willing to put down $70 - $80K on of your products deserves much better.

Between this, delays at dealerships for basic service items, and generally crappy vehicle launches (Looking at you Explorer and Bronco) they are at risk of losing me as a customer of 25 years.

(2 F150s, 1 Flex, 2 Explorers, 1 Expedition, 1 Mustang, 2 Taurus' and 1 Focus between my and my wife during this time)
Glad you got in! I was struggling to then realized I just had to play the waiting game for each list to slowly populate, then success!

Squatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reef flip flops
Flashbacks of threads/posts on Bronco6G with Ford's inability to launch a vehicle after over 100 years of being in business...

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The F150 Lightning will be on display at the Irvine Spectrum on Friday September 10th, supposedly all day. While it’s not a drive, I will be going to take a look for sure! No reservation needed.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
The F150 Lightning will be on display at the Irvine Spectrum on Friday September 10th, supposedly all day. While it’s not a drive, I will be going to take a look for sure! No reservation needed.
Just returned from the display at the Irvine Spectrum and met 2 of their Ford reps.

Unfortunately, only one truck was available - it was a pre-production - custom built by engineers Lariat trim.

Great way to touch & feel one in person.
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Tour - West Coast Ford2021IrvineSpectrum

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
It's a shame how the lightning badge on the bed really just blends into the blue.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
It is? That's one of the things I like best about the blue. Guess I don't like badges as much as you do. :cool:
Ya I guess it depends on if you want people to notice and ask questions or if you want to just blend in with the millions of other f150. Personally I'd like to be an ambassador for EVs. I am hoping that this truck will be the vehicle that will convince a lot of people, especially those that drive a truck but never tow or haul anything, that an ev is a viable solution.

Yardiewrx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw m3 ford lightning 2022
Occupation
Radiologist
I pray this goes through as is, but with the current political climate im not optimistic.
Sponsored