• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning Poll: which trim level are you going to order?

Which Trim Level are you Interested in Ordering?

• Total voters

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Also hoping for Lariat as my first choice. Seems to offer just about everything I want except the seats, but I can't justify the difference for just that. I've heard the B&O system isn't that great so I'm not missing that either.

Worst case scenario (depending on how BBB goes) I may go with a loaded XLT.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Since I won't be parting with my traditional truck for towing and long trips, I only intend the Lightning for daily driving.
Thus the Pro Standard Range and the bargain it is.
My KingRanch Powerboost is for Full truck duty. :)

In other words, the warranty on the Powerboost will be used up over "time".
The Lightning warranty will be used up over mileage. I plan to drive the wheels off that thing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Squatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reef flip flops
If Ford sticks to the $40k price point for the Pro, it’s too much of a bargain to pass up.
I expect Ford to go back and only allow Commercial/Fleet buyers to order the Pro because they want a foothold on the potentially large orders.

I want a loaded XLT Sport version, but I may have to go Lariat.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I'm not saying Ford will produce huge numbers of the Pro for retail purchases, but I don't see them removing the choice altogether. It's too valuable of a marketing tool, no differently than the "class leading Payload" of the F150 ICE. Every single year after year Ford runs commercials and adds stating the legitimate Payload claim yet they produce very few of those F150's for the retail market. The Fleet F150 gets the majority of them.
Yet ANYONE can order one and it will eventually get built and shipped. (HDPP F150)

Ford is going all out to become the #1 EV manufacturer in the world. Reducing the access to their product just doesn't seem like something they would do. Sure, they will encourage retail to upscale trim and profit, just like they do with ICE F150. But Ford will sell anyone an XL F150 that wants one.

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Haven't voted as I don't have enough info yet on what each trim level has. A couple of months ago I talked to a Ford HQ rep at an auto show, and his advice based on what he would get himself, is an XLT plus option packages.

SWC77

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Silverado Hybrid
Occupation
InfoSec
What I need is a generator on wheels. But, there are some features I could use in the Lariat. Plan to retire the Chevy Silverado hybrid and move to this vehicle for regular use (work around the farm, hauling a trailer 60 miles, occasional trips to Colorado). Now that we have 8 Tesla superchargers in town, going electric is a lot easier.

Sponsored

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
I’ll be using it for towing so XLT to keep the weight down.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
The issue will be that when you try to order, Ford will either say yes or no. In that case you have to either find something they will build or wait.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
XLT w/ER battery.

I can't exactly remember the difference between the XLT and Lariat but I remember thinking the Lariat really didn't have anything that I wanted. I'm not interested in a big screen or self driving features and I like cloth seats. The options I want are the 9.6kw power package and some of the towing extras. It might make sense to jump up to the XLT premium depending on how the final options work out.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Assuming I get a Lightning (I’m leaning towards the Rivian) I’ll be getting the XLT with the extended range battery and whatever premium package it has. The Lariat’s content doesn’t bring me nearly enough value to justify it’s price.

The only way I get a Lariat is if Ford cuts the price. I want leather but I‘d just get some Katzkins installed. Those have better quality leather anyways.
Sponsored