• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning Platinum Range Difference

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Has anyone noticed in the videos that have been shown with the onboard scales? Both that have shown the platinum say 1300lbs max. Could this be the reason that the one video says it gets much better range than the rest? Maybe it gets more power and a bigger battery than the rest since the range also says "*excludes platinum". Otherwise, what would explain the 500lbs difference in payload?
Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I figured the "*Excludes platinum" statement was there because it follows a sentence where they say it comes with a standard 230mi range battery and offers an extended 300mi one, but the Platinum comes stock with the 300mi I think, no option for the smaller one.

I would think if they were expecting it to get any range difference or have a bigger battery they would have been advertising it already. Seems like it would be very costly to have to make a whole third battery design for a very expensive top-of-the-line trim that'll probably sell a fraction of the units the XLT and Lariat will.

shikataganai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
100 series Land Cruiser, Pacifica Hybrid
There are also caveats in their statements regarding targeted payload. Platinum is excluded.

I don't think this is due to a bigger battery but rather that that luxury gear just weighs more. Payload will be lower, range will be lower.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I am reasonably sure that the article on Yahoo that came out BEFORE the unveiling called the 300-mile battery the "midrange" battery or something similar, but now all I can find is the updated version that was updated after the announcement, which corrected all the data to match the official announcement. So, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a longer range version hiding. Even "Extended Range" sounds like a kind of mid-range option, not a MAX range option.

That being said, my assumption for why it says "except the Platinum" might be that it actually has slightly less range. It's totally loaded with options and has giant wheels, things that hurt range.

Not sure, by any means, but that was my assumption when I read that exception.
Sponsored