• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ilkhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Escape Limted
Is there any info yet on locking differentials?
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I don’t get the obsession with push button or lack of a button. EVs that are mostly a tablet with wheels, freak me out. My tablet is more in charge than I am. It has a personality disorder and every update is a crapshoot that may break any number of apps. One of the things I like about Pro is that it feels more like a truck with electronics than a smartphone with wheels. That key gives me the illusion of control. Just enjoy it because it may be the last truck you can get with one.
Once you get used to not having to get your key out of your pocket, you'll never want to go back to a physical key again.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Once you get used to not having to get your key out of your pocket, you'll never want to go back to a physical key again.
I do appreciate the warning. I will make sure not to get used to it ;)

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I have some vehicles that are push button and others that are not. Don’t find the key to be inconvenient.
Push button probably would be a bigger plus if you had to make lots of stops, in and out of the truck, restart etc. I like the push button in my LEAF, would prefer one on the Pro, but considering I use it exactly twice a day, headed to work and back home, using a key isn’t really going to be an issue.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I have some vehicles that are push button and others that are not. Don’t find the key to be inconvenient.
I will offer this as a somewhat related story. I have a love-hate relationship with pushbutton or keyless ignitions. I do appreciate they are easier however because of this your keys are free to move about the cabin. I used to be in the habit of just putting my keys on the empty passenger seat or in an open cupholder.

However, I was involved in a serious rollover accident a few years back. A dipshit on i95 was weaving in and out of heavy traffic from lane to lane cutting off multiple vehicles. As he/she was trying to pass a vehicle that was in the fast lane and switch back he clipped the rear end of my Prius V just enough to cause me to spin/go sideways. At 70mph I never had a chance as the car hit the grassy median and rolled several times(at least 3.5 by my hazy recollection) and ended up on the roof. I miraculously walked away--yay seatbelts-- despite not a single airbag deploying.

The driver took off..never stopped..hit and run driver. Of course NO ONE was able to get a description other than a dark colored sedan-- perhaps an audi or a BWW.

Where this is going is everything not bolted down went flying out of the car all over the road/median. I returned two days later and found my keys buried in the mud. (I borrowed a metal detector). I'd like to think they would have stayed in the ignition if the car had a typical ignition.

In my newer car(keyless)...I make it a habit to put my keys/wallet in a closed/secured console for safety.

So there's that...

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I will offer this as a somewhat related story. I have a love-hate relationship with pushbutton or keyless ignitions. I do appreciate they are easier however because of this your keys are free to move about the cabin. I used to be in the habit of just putting my keys on the empty passenger seat or in an open cupholder.

However, I was involved in a serious rollover accident a few years back. A dipshit on i95 was weaving in and out of heavy traffic from lane to lane cutting off multiple vehicles. As he/she was trying to pass a vehicle that was in the fast lane and switch back he clipped the rear end of my Prius V just enough to cause me to spin/go sideways. At 70mph I never had a chance as the car hit the grassy median and rolled several times(at least 3.5 by my hazy recollection) and ended up on the roof. I miraculously walked away--yay seatbelts-- despite not a single airbag deploying.

The driver took off..never stopped..hit and run driver. Of course NO ONE was able to get a description other than a dark colored sedan-- perhaps an audi or a BWW.

Where this is going is everything not bolted down went flying out of the car all over the road/median. I returned two days later and found my keys buried in the mud. (I borrowed a metal detector). I'd like to think they would have stayed in the ignition if the car had a typical ignition.

In my newer car(keyless)...I make it a habit to put my keys/wallet in a closed/secured console for safety.

So there's that...
I am sorry for your accident And glad you were not seriously hurt. If I am in one of my kid’s Fusions, I use the remote to unlock the car and then stow the key in my pocket. If I am going to drive a Volvo, the key stays in my pocket since I can unlock the car and start it without having the key in my hand. And if I have my Suburban or my work vehicle, it is a traditional, old fashioned key and remote set up. No problem going back and forth.

Last edited:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I am sorry for your accident And glad you were not seriously hurt. If I am in one of my kid’s Fusions, I use the remote to unlock the car and then stow the key in my pocket. If I am going to drive a Volvo, the key stays in my pocket since I can unlock the car and start it without having the key in my hand. And if I have my Suburban or my work vehicle, the. It is a traditional, old fashioned key and remote set up. No problem going back and forth.
It happened about 5yrs ago and I was damn lucky. I didn't even need to go to the hospital, which was a miracle.

I just mentioned it because before the accident I would throw my keys and wallet on the empty seat without care.. now I stow them in a compartment or keep them in my pocket. I had to go back after the accident and look for my keys(found them), but had to use my spare key to get into my house immediately following the incident.

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Livestream (12/16) – Q&A, Specs & Infographics FB_IMG_1495161022164
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning Livestream (12/16) – Q&A, Specs & Infographics FB_IMG_1495160987895

Last edited:

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It happened about 5yrs ago and I was damn lucky. I didn't even need to go to the hospital, which was a miracle.

I just mentioned it because before the accident I would throw my keys and wallet on the empty seat without care.. now I stow them in a compartment or keep them in my pocket. I had to go back after the accident and look for my keys(found them), but had to use my spare key to get into my house immediately following the incident.

FB_IMG_1495161022164.jpg
FB_IMG_1495160987895.jpg
Was this in Virginia.

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes. I95 near Ashland. I hate that road...Richmond to DC Beltway is a shitshow 99% of the time
I was just there yesterday. And I live right along I-95. I try to use the Hot Lanes whenever there is heavy traffic because I think it is safer.

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Is there any info yet on locking differentials?
The Doug Demuro preview on YouTube shows him playing with the Locking Rear Diff control. It’s selected through the interface with a GUI toggle switch. No info yet on which trims it is on.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Man, seeing them confirm no B&O Unleashed on Lariat at all really sucks. I know it isn't everyone's favorite config, but I have found it to be pretty nice in my '21 Lariat. Seems like a senseless omission. I am not giving up range and being stuck with those hideous wheels just to get B&O. Maybe the PowerBoost is good enough for now. I am not saying that just because of some speakers or whatever, it just seems hard to pay more than my current truck to have features taken away. I know the B&O won't be the only one that is Plat only either.

I do wish someone had asked about power running boards. They were mentioned in one slide a while back as an option, but would like clarification if it also is just on the Plat.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
It's funny you say that about the B&O. I was seriously looking at stepping up to the Platinum, the the B&O unLeashed system made me rethink my choice. That option alone is gong to save me 10k+ by going Lariat instead.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I've read mixed reviews of the unleashed system and some say it's worse than the standard B&O. It may not be as big of a compromise as you think.

Edit: removed incorrect quote
Sponsored

Last edited: